• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current military use of the 408 CT?

TiroFijo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2002
Asuncion, Paraguay
A friend (spanish legion) is telling me that Turkey is using the CheyTac M200 in 408 CT for their SF.

Does anybody knows if is this rifle or another one in 408 CT is in current use (officially, not just a few test samples) with the US military?

If so, what load are they using?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Re: Current military use of the 408 CT?

Your friend is correct about Turkey. The Poland SF uses them too. I have a friend in Spanish Legion too. I will send you PM to check and see how small the world really is..You may know him too.

"Official Use"--unless some recent news that I have not heard (which has happened before lol) I gonna say negative on that.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes there is currently a us military group that has atleast 20 of them in use. I am not able to say anymore then that though...</div></div>

Correct on that!! There are several out in that capacity but the not being able to say anymore than that is what keeps them from being "Official"
smile.gif

It's not surprising considering how effective the platform is over .50BMG (with the exception of HTI missions). Still, that's not a platform I'd want to jump or ruck
wink.gif

Aren't they related to 2nd Group?
wink.gif

Who is using a 408CT in the Spanish Legion???? I will be most happy to know who and give him a call.

I know and train most of the sniper instructors in Spain (if not all) and none has told me about it... if somebody has bought and imported personally, one and has not told me .. Im going to chew his ass.
We have a lot of things to try and compare wit my new Wyatt Customs, Stiller/Mcree 338LM.
By the way we have no 416B in Spain actually so tests will be limited to 338LM with LM105 bullets, 460S and if there is any the 408C.

The tests done some time ago on NATO tests where not under civilian standards and of not much use if you are tryng to shoot targets at more than 2000m. NATO did no tests at those ranges.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your friend is correct about Turkey. The Poland SF uses them too. I have a friend in Spanish Legion too. I will send you PM to check and see how small the world really is..You may know him too.

"Official Use"--unless some recent news that I have not heard (which has happened before lol) I gonna say negative on that.

Thanks

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cybersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is using a 408CT in the Spanish Legion???? I will be most happy to know who and give him a call.

</div></div>

Not using one in the Spanish Legion, that comment was about Tirofijos' friend being correct about the Turkish using them
smile.gif

PM Sent to You CS.

Hola Eduardo!
smile.gif
...PM sent.

This thread was initiated because a friend from the Spanish Legion mentioned seeing the 408 CT in use with US SF troops in Irak.