• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Custom Actions (Vector)

What is the role of the set screws? Is there something else that holds the barrel in position?
The threads. Without knowing more details it's like an AI, Barloc, switch lug, just a different mechanism

Anybody else receive one/get it built and care to share their impressions?

Here’s some pics and a quick video. I’ll do a full review as soon as my barrel gets here and I get some shots down range.
0CF848D8-7922-415F-B78E-5C94BB487D9B.jpeg
FC818134-7CC9-45AA-8DCC-1BA3F22F6E3B.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EC3A1AF-0DB1-4299-AF12-7CD2E3C8E3A2.jpeg
    1EC3A1AF-0DB1-4299-AF12-7CD2E3C8E3A2.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 51
  • A48CB213-CE5F-4642-B977-181E1395C376.jpeg
    A48CB213-CE5F-4642-B977-181E1395C376.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 39
Nice!

Thanks for the vid. I have an axiom on a mpa 6.5 and really like it. My next rifle will be with the vector.

Good stuff, if price is in line with PVA axiom prefits that will be sweet. I believe straight jacket is doing prefits as well now/soon....

Wonder how a sporter will look in my m24 manners. I could buy 2 prefits for the price of a chambered proof.

Reactions: rymart
Good stuff, if price is in line with PVA axiom prefits that will be sweet. I believe straight jacket is doing prefits as well now/soon....

Wonder how a sporter will look in my m24 manners. I could buy 2 prefits for the price of a chambered proof.
all the customs are at the $525/$650 pricepoint so i'd be hard to think it would be more

Any updates? Mine is at my smith being bedded and chambered now.

I've used it in about 5 matches now and it's amazing. I intend to do the full review after the AZ national match next weekend, but so far so good. Very smooth and I'm running AW mags. Took some slight bending of the feed lips outward but they run flawlessly. So nice to use AW rather than standard AICS.

I've used it in about 5 matches now and it's amazing. I intend to do the full review after the AZ national match next weekend, but so far so good. Very smooth and I'm running AW mags. Took some slight bending of the feed lips outward but they run flawlessly. So nice to use AW rather than standard AICS.

Good deal I look forward to it.

Here’s a teaser pic while I wait impatiently

Have you ever used/felt an Axiom? If so, what is your opinion between the two?

They feel the same when you run them. They also use the same bolt so very similar. Basically it’s the switch barrel capability, integrated recoil lug, integrated rail, and styling differences. Those are just my observations, not sure if there are more differences or not.

Bolt lift once the firing pin is dropped appears to require quite a bit more than a one finger lift. How would you compare the lift to an AI etc? any idea?

It was lighter than my AXMC. I installed an aftermarket bolt knob and it improved things as well.

It looked like on early versions of the Axiom at least, they were trying to save material by having their bolt knobs thread INTO the bolt handle. Have they changed that to a male threaded shank on the bolt handle that you can thread a typical aftermarket knob ONTO ?
Thanks

It looked like on early versions of the Axiom at least, they were trying to save material by having their bolt knobs thread INTO the bolt handle. Have they changed that to a male threaded shank on the bolt handle that you can thread a typical aftermarket knob ONTO ?
Thanks

My vector bolt knob threads into handle

I remember reading (prior to them coming out) that if you didn't want to do the hand tight and set screw route, you could instead torque the barrel on as a normal action. Is this still correct with the production run models?

I remember reading (prior to them coming out) that if you didn't want to do the hand tight and set screw route, you could instead torque the barrel on as a normal action. Is this still correct with the production run models?

Yes, my smith asked me which way I wanted it set up.

Yes, can just use regular remington threaded barrel and use barrel nut. Just have to set the barrel dept.

Curtis Cusom Tenon Drawing.png

Reactions: Sogan
Vector came in today. Nice redeployment present. Got 1 barrel in 6.5 creedmoor and the other in 223 wylde. Got to trim down my mag latch on my chassis so the bolt doesnt drag on the magazines lips. Other than that Can't wait to shoot this thing this weekend. And start load development.

Attachments

• 20190212_180526.jpg
    20190212_180526.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 112
Awesome, I think you’ll love it. Mine gets better and better. Just picked up a .308 bolt for maybe a 6bra or something snazzy

Reactions: jb41291
Not sure, disassembled it for the first time last weekend and haven’t shot again. I will say it’s extremely easy to remove/reinstall and seems rock solid.

Hey all, finally got my video review done on the Vector. I know it’s a little long but I tried to cover a few different aspects including the return to zero repeatability for the quick barrel change.

Hey all, finally got my video review done on the Vector. I know it’s a little long but I tried to cover a few different aspects including the return to zero repeatability for the quick barrel change.

Have you tested the resistance to POI change with impacts/forces acted upon the barrel? Be curious to see what the results would be. Shoot a control group, then subsequently test any potential POI change by giving the barrel a whack with a rubber mallet (or similar non-damaging smashing device) at 0 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock.

I know some PRS shooters who have been using quick change barrel setups have gone back to 100 ft-lb shouldered barrels because of the above. Be curious to see if the Curtis Actions are resilient to this or not.

Have you tested the resistance to POI change with impacts/forces acted upon the barrel? Be curious to see what the results would be. Shoot a control group, then subsequently test any potential POI change by giving the barrel a whack with a rubber mallet (or similar non-damaging smashing device) at 0 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock.

I know some PRS shooters who have been using quick change barrel setups have gone back to 100 ft-lb shouldered barrels because of the above. Be curious to see if the Curtis Actions are resilient to this or not.

I haven’t hit it with a rubber mallet, but I’ve definitely inadvertently hit the barrel on a few portholes, and other obstacles with no issues. I can definitely test for it if that’s something people would be interested to see.

Reactions: Dooby and bgavin
I haven’t hit it with a rubber mallet, but I’ve definitely inadvertently hit the barrel on a few portholes, and other obstacles with no issues. I can definitely test for it if that’s something people would be interested to see.

Thanks for the video.

I would be interested in the poi test.

I’m not sure how in depth the setup was but I’ll add that straight jacket tuned my manners and vector to run AICS mags. It runs great with no pressure and runs with a touch of resistance with pressure/rifle sitting on the mag.

I haven’t tried an AW mag in it, we will see if that works well, or if whatever they did will make it AICS only.

Shit i was doing 25 in lbs

I did that the first 2 times but after speaking with both Joel and chase it’s not needed.
If you skip to about the 16 minute mark you’ll see my remove, retorque, and shoot using 15 in/lbs and how it did.

Last edited: