• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Custom Actions (Vector)

@amf_247, when you say you get a double feed from your AW magazine - the top two rounds are getting pushed forward at the same time from the magazine lips as you close the bolt?
That’s correct. I’m currently playing with lip adjustments and removing the mpa mag block to see if it helps

That’s correct. I’m currently playing with lip adjustments and removing the mpa mag block to see if it helps
I just watched the MPA video on the mag block insert, and it appears to be designed to prevent AICS mags from sitting too high in actions with AW (wider) mag cuts. You shouldn't need it when running an AW mag.

I just watched the MPA video on the mag block insert, and it appears to be designed to prevent AICS mags from sitting too high in actions with AW (wider) mag cuts. You shouldn't need it when running an AW mag.
I completely understand that and yes my AI mag runs ok. Not great but it works.
I have not been able to use the AW

It sounds like the AW magazine is sitting too high in the action. The feed lips of the AW mag make contact with the a notch running on either side of the mag cut out in the action. If you widen the feed lips they will engage this notch sooner and the mag should sit lower. Did you get your AW new, or used? If used, prior owner might have bent lips in for some reason.

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
It sounds like the AW magazine is sitting too high in the action. The feed lips of the AW mag make contact with the a notch running on either side of the mag cut out in the action. If you widen the feed lips they will engage this notch sooner and the mag should sit lower. Did you get your AW new, or used? If used, prior owner might have bent lips in for some reason.
The mag was brand new. My fear is that it’s a chassis issue. Dunno I’m gonna call MPA tomorrow and get their take.
Thanks for the help either way

I too qm having trouble with feedind with my aw mags in my mpa ba chassis. Ive played with the lips and filed the bolt catch a little

I too qm having trouble with feedind with my aw mags in my mpa ba chassis. Ive played with the lips and filed the bolt catch a little
If you’ve got the first run of Vectors you may not get the AW mag to run without a lot of work. They changed their AW cut along the way. I’ve got both versions. One will feed from any mag I throw in. The other not so much. It stays in an MPA with the mag block using only AICS mags.

If you’ve got the first run of Vectors you may not get the AW mag to run without a lot of work. They changed their AW cut along the way. I’ve got both versions. One will feed from any mag I throw in. The other not so much. It stays in an MPA with the mag block using only AICS mags.
My vector is from the pre-order. I ended up grinding a little off my mag latch and adjusted the feed lips. 3 of my aw mags feed flawlessly and without dragging on the lips or follower. I have 1 mag that will not comply .

Reactions: Redeye3
My vector is from the pre-order. I ended up grinding a little off my mag latch and adjusted the feed lips. 3 of my aw mags feed flawlessly and without dragging on the lips or follower. I have 1 mag that will not comply .
Any issues with the front of the mag tilting upward?

This might be a silly question, but is this receiver cut to accept AICS mags and AW mags, or AW only?

Both
AC03756B-6BE2-4A2F-8012-028BE2419E11.jpeg

Update: filed my mpa ba chassis mag catch and my vector feeds flawlessly from 3 out of 4 of my aw mags. The 4th one is being a pain. Itll just be a last resort mag or whatever.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
What chassis and/or bottom metal stops mags from going to far in?

Mpa has an insert, Cadex competition chassis works, and according to above poster his manners works (whichever bottom metal he mentioned).

My j Allen didn’t, but I I didn’t mess with the adjustments. I will have vector back in a month or so and will verify.

Other than that, I’m not sure.

Mpa has an insert, Cadex competition chassis works, and according to above poster his manners works (whichever bottom metal he mentioned).

My j Allen didn’t, but I I didn’t mess with the adjustments. I will have vector back in a month or so and will verify.

I’ve got mine in a JAE and I was messing with the mag adjustments, it doesn’t appear that there is a way to prevent AICS from going up too far after upwards pressure is induced.

I’ve been running mine with AWs with no issues across a KMW, Cadex, JAE, Manners, and ACC.

Yeah I’m working super cherry in an MPA right now. It just sucks having exploration options limited. My second Vector I can literally put into anything without over insertion problems and it’ll feed from any mag I put in.

Reactions: jb41291
I’ve got mine in a JAE and I was messing with the mag adjustments, it doesn’t appear that there is a way to prevent AICS from going up too far after upwards pressure is induced.

I’ve been running mine with AWs with no issues across a KMW, Cadex, JAE, Manners, and ACC.
Does your Manners with the mini chassis keep the mags out of the action?

Mine is going into a kmw. Just to be safe, I picked up an impact for .223. I wanted to run one action across the board, but didn’t want to deal with the aics over inserting issue.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Does your Manners with the mini chassis keep the mags out of the action?

The manners I had also had the insertion problem with AICS. Mine is a very early Vector. #23 so maybe they updated the cut in newer versions. But I prefer AW mags anyway so it hasn’t bothered me.

Reactions: Redeye3
The manners I had also had the insertion problem with AICS. Mine is a very early Vector. #23 so maybe they updated the cut in newer versions. But I prefer AW mags anyway so it hasn’t bothered me.

I saw a trick on a non vector related thread. Using a zip tie around the mag. Gives it a lip that will stop it.

Does impact takes AW or only center feed mag

They offer an AW cut. Supposedly it’s working well for some people. Likely needs the mag catch on chassis cut modified a little.

Generally speaking though AW mags and 2 lugs don’t get along well.

Reactions: bjay
Yeah I’m working super cherry in an MPA right now. It just sucks having exploration options limited. My second Vector I can literally put into anything without over insertion problems and it’ll feed from any mag I put in.

This may be why mine works so well with AICS in a manners. I have Mesa m5 dbm and there is no lip I can find on the stock or dbm to stop over insertion.

Yeah they updated the cut. Oddly enough it was right after a member here kinda called them out and everyone was telling the guy he didn’t know what he was doing.

I saw a trick on a non vector related thread. Using a zip tie around the mag. Gives it a lip that will stop it.
That’s pretty handy. Zip always solve it! Haha I reckon someone handy with a welder could throw a bead on a mag.

I have vector #26. Love the action, just needed a little tinkering now runs flawless
They run no doubt. I wish there were more multi lug actions in the game. I’ve thought about giving a Deadline a try but I’ve seen a lot of mixed opinions. One in an AX chassis would be fire if it could run.

They run no doubt. I wish there were more multi lug actions in the game. I’ve thought about giving a Deadline a try but I’ve seen a lot of mixed opinions. One in an AX chassis would be fire if it could run.
Same. as of now the only ones id be willing to try would be sako and ai. Love 3 lug actions

Slight topic change: Anyone tried out Straight Jacket Armory for their pre fit barrels? Their pricing is excellent and it looks like they are a smaller, newer shop but people are getting great results out of their prefits.

Slight topic change: Anyone tried out Straight Jacket Armory for their pre fit barrels? Their pricing is excellent and it looks like they are a smaller, newer shop but people are getting great results out of their prefits.
No but likewise have heard good things. Unless they have ready to buys I’ll always throw out a shout out for Patriot.

Anyone running multi caliber yet? I see the option to buy another bolt on their page for $375, but it says it is a fully assembled bolt. I swear I saw a video of a guy switching from a 223 to 308 bolt and just swapped the firing pin assembly. Is there a cheaper option than fully assembled?

Anyone running multi caliber yet? I see the option to buy another bolt on their page for $375, but it says it is a fully assembled bolt. I swear I saw a video of a guy switching from a 223 to 308 bolt and just swapped the firing pin assembly. Is there a cheaper option than fully assembled?
I’ve got a 223 bolt and the firing pin looks different than that on my 308 bolts.

Reactions: Lunchbox27

Gunpartscorp.com

Had the shells at one point for 99.00, I asked Joel a while back and he said he never heard of that company buying bare bolts. Blue balls

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Maybe buybacks from people who bought multiple bolts...

Well if their idea was to get me to buy another action instead of buying just a bolt it worked. 375.00 off another vector sounds like a good deal. :unsure:o_O

Reactions: b6graham
I got my barrel back from Alamo last week. 26 inch proof research 6.5 Creedmoor. They wanted the Vector sent to them to get the proper dimensions. Put it in my Iota stock which they Pillar bedded. I also mounted an Athlon Ares ETR. Finished the barrel with a precision armament M11 muzzle brake. AW magazine had to be filed to fit. Right side chambers perfectly while the left kicks too far to the right about half of the time. So far I am only getting 7/8 to 1.25 groups which isn’t what I was hoping for. Maybe needs to be bedded properly?

AW magazine had to be filed to fit. Right side chambers perfectly while the left kicks too far to the right about half of the time.
I wouldn't have recommended you file the AW feed lips. Bend them. It only takes a very small change to correct the issue you have. Myself and another Vector shooter (6.5 and 6 Creedmoor) had the same issue and slightly bending the last 0.5" of the feed lips outward corrected the problem. Try the MPA magazine tool or a pair of parallel jaw pliers.

Put it in my Iota stock which they Pillar bedded. I also mounted an Athlon Ares ETR. Finished the barrel with a precision armament M11 muzzle brake. So far I am only getting 7/8 to 1.25 groups which isn’t what I was hoping for. Maybe needs to be bedded properly?

Did Alamo install the pillars without bedding the action? Seems unlikely. Give them a call.

Reactions: jb41291
I filed the catch on the mag not the feed lips. Iota outdoors installed the pillars in their stock for a standard rem 700 action footprint. problem is I had to do some inletting around the lug area to even get it to fit. Way to narrow and a little short on the inletting g for the Vector. Something definitely seems amiss.

I filed the catch on the mag not the feed lips. Iota outdoors installed the pillars in their stock for a standard rem 700 action footprint. problem is I had to do some inletting around the lug area to even get it to fit. Way to narrow and a little short on the inletting g for the Vector. Something definitely seems amiss.
Definitely get it bedded properly. That'll surely make a big difference. You may want to reconsider the M11. Brakes with top ports are designed to mitigate muzzle climb - something you're unlikely to encounter with a bolt gun. All it'll do is make spotting your shots more difficult.

Thanks, I ordered a jet blast brake thinking the same thing. I think I need to find a smith to properly bed this action.