• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Custom Actions (Vector)

Have the vector. It's a good solid action so far. About 200 rounds through it flawless on my cadex chassis thus far.

Any new feedback on what mags work best in the Vector?

Any new feedback on what mags work best in the Vector?
I have been running arc mags with zero issue. Aw mags don’t run in my action unfortunately. Aics mags work well also with even the magpul ai mags working reliably. It also boils down to what you have the action mounted in

Reactions: Solby
Doesnt mpa have a little fix for that as well?a small lug you insert in a Grove in the maxwell that prevents the mag from riding too high? I'm pretty sure that would help a bunch.

Doesnt mpa have a little fix for that as well?a small lug you insert in a Grove in the maxwell that prevents the mag from riding too high? I'm pretty sure that would help a bunch.
They do. I used that as well. Because of it I had to trim the mag catch in order for it to engage and secure the magazine.

Reactions: Tier1nub
considering a vector because i love my axiom. reading through this seems like a couple issues here and there. is this a case of large majority being just fine. then the few with issues posting? or are there inherent issues with Curtis and the Vector?

Not concerned with the AICS vs AW mags, i’ve got that down.

My question is more centered around the over pressure/ head spacing issues that i don’t see clear resolution with. And the occasional extraction/ ejection issues.

Love the Axiom and love the idea of the vector quick change barrel and the upcoming 22lr conversion.

I dont see a real reason not to buy a vector. The a good solid actions.

considering a vector because i love my axiom. reading through this seems like a couple issues here and there. is this a case of large majority being just fine. then the few with issues posting? or are there inherent issues with Curtis and the Vector?

Not concerned with the AICS vs AW mags, i’ve got that down.

My question is more centered around the over pressure/ head spacing issues that i don’t see clear resolution with. And the occasional extraction/ ejection issues.

Love the Axiom and love the idea of the vector quick change barrel and the upcoming 22lr conversion.

Everyone I know that's had a Curtis has moved on to something else. The problems are common enough that I personally wouldn't ever touch one and chance it, especially when the CS is poor. There are so many top tier actions out there, that I don't see any reason to pick a Curtis.

As far as their .22lr conversion, the fact that Curtis sponsored shooters are drooling after a Bighorn Rim-X should be a sign...

Every new manufacture goes through a curve. Im not saying they are the best. But they've fixed all the design flaws. I never had an issue with mine and I think was gen2.

I love the Curtis Axiom action. I would probably stay away from the Vector and the first run of the Terminus Zues as it’s the exact same thing.

Finally got my rifle with Vector action from the preorder to the range today (back surgery has limited activity) and apart from the documented AW mag issue, it ran perfectly when I switched to AICS mag that I thankfully had in the bag. Praying I’ll have gotten lucky with the action as the rifle is a joy to shoot, kudos to Omar Alonzo for building it.

First round was a sighter after getting the scope mostly zeroed followed by four rounds in the same hole after a couple clicks up. My son is going to A&M tomorrow so I didn’t get to shoot it anymore once he saw what it could do and took over.

Attachments

• 332D530D-7032-4D8A-938C-1E258985607A.jpeg
    332D530D-7032-4D8A-938C-1E258985607A.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 0AAAEBF3-8EAB-4691-92DE-2CC769FF2C68.jpeg
    0AAAEBF3-8EAB-4691-92DE-2CC769FF2C68.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Solby and Tier1nub
Sounds like you got one of the good ones
Thanks. Certainly hope so! That was with Hornady 6.5cm 140gr eld-m. Wish I’d bought the ones I saw in the PX last night for a great price. Didn’t because I already had a case and wasn’t sure how the rifle would like them. I’d also gone on a bourbon fueled 9mm component spending spree and was still just sober enough to not drop more coin!

Looool I love the spending sprees. Wife hates em. I'll tell her its perspective like everything...nice purse btw.....no reply.

Reactions: 65rpr and uffduh
Feed style doesn't come into play with the bullet diameter, but the case dimension. I'm running a 6XC in my Axiom and it feeds just fine. You are probably thinking of 6BR/Dasher variants, because of the shorter case.
I know this is a WAY old post but, does this mean that push feeding a 6 dasher is likely to have problems?

thanks