• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Hearing Protection Needed

LGarland619

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2020
Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVD19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendation?

I've been happy with my Decibullz so far.
Mold them at home.
Have only had them just over a month.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_001153710.jpg
    IMG_20200924_001153710.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Slab74
Mold them at home.

Are those the clay-like ones? Are they easy to clean? How do they feel like?

Well, I'm going to look it up and I'll watch the reviews on YT.

Thanks man!

I
Mold them at home.
Have only had them just over a month.
i have these and they work well. Mold at home. They are not clay molds that you have to send away. You form them at home. If you are truly worried, go to an ear doc and have real customs made. I’m sure that their office is safer than going to the gas station or grocery store.

Reactions: LGarland619
Understand you may have some reservations but the very best possible fit will be custom molds. I went to an ENT doc to have molds done and the plugs were made by Starkey/Soundgear.

Reactions: johnnycat
Understand you may have some reservations but the very best possible fit will be custom molds. I went to an ENT doc to have molds done and the plugs were made by Starkey/Soundgear.

Same here, try your local ENT, they should offer custom molded plugs. Mine were $150 and well worth it.

I have a set of Soundgear electronic and a set of passive earplugs. Went to local ENT/Audiologist. I could not be happier. I actually like the custom molded passive better than electronic - especially for regular indoor range stuff where I throw on a pair of over-the-ear as well. For outside range with buddies where as much talking is going on as shooting the electronic are the choice.

But yes - pony up the dollars and a morning and go see the Audiologist

hyperacusis, what shit is really loud to you?

You may benefit from a suppressor then. No, you would benefit from one.

The only ones I have with earplugs are those Comtac 4's, expensive as fuck and marginal hearing proteciton BUT it'll blast a radio loud enough you can hear it with an M2 barking a few feet away.