• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Customs & Border Patrol picks the AI Modular Precision Weapon's Platform

I have talked to several BP at the range and in the shop about this thread and the rifle . One had seen this thread already . He thought this was some kind of fantasy gaming site at first . General consensus about the speculation and bullshit about the subject was ...where the hell do these keyboard cowboys come up with this shit ? They also wanted me to post this link .

Posting drunk..........

Want to know what's funny? I was hired as a border patrol agent out of college. Made it through the written test, interview, physical and background. The physical test was stepping up and down off a box. LoL. Was waiting for a class up date in Artesia since congress was not funding them and this went on for 6 months with no end in sight, and ended up taking a different career path. Thank fucking God knowing what I know now. Retiring at 50 would been cool tho.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68 and BurtG
I have talked to several BP at the range and in the shop ...
But do you live in one of these places...;):confused:
Hard-to-fill locations include: Sierra Blanca, Texas; Presidio, Texas; Sanderson, Texas; Comstock, Texas; Lordsburg, N.M.; Freer, Texas; Hebbronville, Texas; Ajo, Ariz.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Want to know what's funny? I was hired as a border patrol agent out of college. Made it through the written test, interview, physical and background. The physical test was stepping up and down off a box. LoL. Was waiting for a class up date in Artesia since congress was not funding them and this went on for 6 months with no end in sight, and ended up taking a different career path. Thank fucking God knowing what I know now. Retiring at 50 would been cool tho.
It's too bad you didn't stay on as a border patrol agent. You could of hung out at the border flapping your gums driving away the illegals coming across the border

Seriously?

A decently competent machinist could measure, cut, rework, and you'd never know.

So you think the CNC just does all it's own work? They're crazy in the stuff they can do. This is not crazy though, and fairly basic if you can read a caliper, mic, and dro.

You could shorten the forend with a hacksaw, clean it up with a file, and not have it look like bubba went to town on it it.

You 100% do not need to have the original drawings/CAD files to do a simple machining task like shortening the forend.

Am I the only one without an objection to the long fore end on the AT-X?
18” is good enough for me. 16 wouldn’t be bad though

Also. Any comments from anyone on being able to use different triggers on the border crosser enablers rifle ?

Duty use? For the border patrol?

If I was king of America they would be shooting 22mag, and the only authorized shot would be right in the guts. You want them to get back across the border before they succumb. The border would be as empty as a Biden rally after the first weekend.
Gut shots are nasty in a good way. Nothing wrong with taking knee caps out , gives the invaders a noticeable limb 👍
🇺🇸

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Y'all realize this isn't the Pit, right? What an embarrassment.
1698944559122.jpeg

This bears repeating

18” is good enough for me. 16 wouldn’t be bad though

Also. Any comments from anyone on being able to use different triggers on the border crosser enablers rifle ?

I'm not seeing anything about a requirement for different triggers in the RFP, unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Someone please correct me.

I'm not seeing anything about a requirement for different triggers in the RFP, unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Someone please correct me.

Need to follow the real atx thread

83705BBD-5986-4B4F-B8E3-ECF03A45BC05.jpeg
4764F049-E412-4E8F-81F8-87B6EF41F4CD.jpeg

Does that say "draft" in the background? Maybe it was an early requirement, but they removed it in the final RFP?

Reactions: BurtG
What a waste of money. One out of 20 of the guys issued this will be able to shoot up to its level and it won't be useful in the majority of scenarios as a semi-auto would.

A Seekins SP10 would have been about 15% of the cost and far more maintainable and match the scenarios/training level.

Most PRS guns are running 26 in bbls, with long forends. Assuming CBP are probably wanting the the option to run 16-22in bbls. Shortening the forend by X amount (eg, 4-10in) that keeps the same amound of clearance to the muzzle threads, is probably what they are thinking.

Just my $0.02.

Maybe someone will chime in with a better explanation.

Yeah, in and out of vehicles and cordoning.

What a waste of money. One out of 20 of the guys issued this will be able to shoot up to its level and it won't be useful in the majority of scenarios as a semi-auto would.

A Seekins SP10 would have been about 15% of the cost and far more maintainable and match the scenarios/training level.
Meh bolt guns are 10x easier to shoot than 556 semis. 100x easier to shoot than large frame semis.

My atx practically shoots itself

Its not going to be widely issued. At most 500 can be purchased under the 5 year contract. They will never come close to that. With every federal agency, state and region having their own tac teams, does border patrol really need one? Not that they are doing shit anyway, other than helping illegals, drugs and terrorists enter the country unchallenged. A rape whistle would be more effective.

Seriously?
If you want it done precisely yes

A decently competent machinist could measure, cut, rework, and you'd never know.
SMH.........if all you want is a hack job, do it that way

So you think the CNC just does all it's own work?
You clearly did not understand what I said

This is not crazy though, and fairly basic if you can read a caliper, mic, and dro.
Which tell you nothing about the datum the measurements are taken from nor anything about the permissible accumulation of errors. Again, hacks do what you suggest.

They aren’t getting issued sniper rifles or certified if they can’t shoot.

The SP10M before any additions is basically the same base price as an ATX and you can’t change barrels on an SP10M in a few minutes with repeatable POI shifts between barrels. You can’t change barrels on an SP10M in the field at all because they’re bonded and require heat and far more tools to come apart and go together and are armorer level replacement, not end user like the ATX. They’re not really comparable at all.

Not to mention it takes a lot more shooter skill to shoot a large frame gas gun to the same levels of precision as a bolt gun.

I’m sure CBP has DMR rifles too, but an SP10 is not the answer for a “Modular Precision Weapon System”, no gas gun is.

Its not going to be widely issued. At most 500 can be purchased under the 5 year contract. They will never come close to that. With every federal agency, state and region having their own tac teams, does border patrol really need one? Not that they are doing shit anyway, other than helping illegals, drugs and terrorists enter the country unchallenged. A rape whistle would be more effective.

You realize that CBP does more than sit at the border, right? They’re federal law enforcement officers and they’re all over the country, not just at the Mexico border. It was a BORTAC dude that smoked the uvalde shooter. They participate in a lot of different calls and do far more than just border protection.

Reactions: Terry Cross
You realize that CBP does more than sit at the border, right? They’re federal law enforcement officers and they’re all over the country, not just at the Mexico border. It was a BORTAC dude that smoked the uvalde shooter. They participate in a lot of different calls and do far more than just border protection.
Yea, I did my interview with 3 CBP agents at Harrisburg international airport in PA. Old salty dudes.

The northern boarder is a joke. Its easier to get into Canada than it is visa versa.

They also setup checkpoints many miles from the boarder, violating the civil rights of American Citizens who have the audacity to travel within 150 miles of the border.

They refuse to do the job they were sworn to, Refuse to uphold US law and the constitution and allow this country to be invaded by terrorists, illegals and drugs that are killing our citizens and destroying our quality of life.

Customs is not Border Patrol. Got a buddy who is a customs agent in Baltimore. Was the biggest Pothead in college, but that's a different story. Their mission is clear and separate from Border Patrol.

Border Patrol has one job. Administer the boarder. They get involved in shit they have no business being apart of when you have other agencies who cover that domain, be in DEA, FBI, DOI, USMS, Customs ,ect ect.

I don't know if I would use Uvalde as an example for success in any aspect, unless you are a mass murderer. Any one of the LE with a set of balls could have ended before a guy from over an hour away got there.

There were BORTAC guys in afg and iraq. Amazing they had the time to come to a combat zone and try to stop drug smuggling in foreign nation, but cant be bothered to do it here.

The trigger requirement makes it a 1 MOA rifle in most hands.
Is there an aftermarket capable AT-X? When they mean aftermarket, they mean it can be replaced, or there is a commercial solution? Did AI make a rifle with something like a 700 trigger footprint? Was it just leftover contracting language? Curious to know what they meant by aftermarket in AI.

Yea, I did my interview with 3 CBP agents at Harrisburg international airport in PA. Old salty dudes.

The northern boarder is a joke. Its easier to get into Canada than it is visa versa.

They also setup checkpoints many miles from the boarder, violating the civil rights of American Citizens who have the audacity to travel within 150 miles of the border.

They refuse to do the job they were sworn to, Refuse to uphold US law and the constitution and allow this country to be invaded by terrorists, illegals and drugs that are killing our citizens and destroying our quality of life.

Customs is not Border Patrol. Got a buddy who is a customs agent in Baltimore. Was the biggest Pothead in college, but that's a different story. Their mission is clear and separate from Border Patrol.

Border Patrol has one job. Administer the boarder. They get involved in shit they have no business being apart of when you have other agencies who cover that domain, be in DEA, FBI, DOI, USMS, Customs ,ect ect.

I don't know if I would use Uvalde as an example for success in any aspect, unless you are a mass murderer. Any one of the LE with a set of balls could have ended before a guy from over an hour away got there.

There were BORTAC guys in afg and iraq. Amazing they had the time to come to a combat zone and try to stop drug smuggling in foreign nation, but cant be bothered to do it here.

I don’t know what your issue is with CBP but the only salt dude I see is you. You met 3 once for an interview and some stoner you got a degree that could have gotten him into any agency and you’re an expert on them and what they do.

I’ve hung out with them in the hotel bar where they all stay when they come from all over the country to train their K9’s on multiple occasions and had conversations with them. Every one of them I met were cool and many were gun guys. They’re normal people like anyone else doing a job. I’m not saying I’m an expert on CBP’s operations but I’ve met and talked to a hell of a lot more than 4 about their job.

I don’t know what your issue is with CBP but the only salt dude I see is you. You met 3 once for an interview and some stoner you got a degree that could have gotten him into any agency and you’re an expert on them and what they do.

I’ve hung out with them in the hotel bar where they all stay when they come from all over the country to train their K9’s on multiple occasions and had conversations with them. Every one of them I met were cool and many were gun guys. They’re normal people like anyone else doing a job. I’m not saying I’m an expert on CBP’s operations but I’ve met and talked to a hell of a lot more than 4 about their job.
He wast in college, he was banging my gfs sorrority sister. No degree pot head drug dealer who now is a customs agent. I find that pretty funny.

I'll leave the rest of my opinions about CBT and their lack of effectiveness for a pit discussion.

I want to find out more about this trigger requirement. Maybe they are talking about the AI comp trigger?

If you want it done precisely yes

SMH.........if all you want is a hack job, do it that way

You clearly did not understand what I said

Which tell you nothing about the datum the measurements are taken from nor anything about the permissible accumulation of errors. Again, hacks do what you suggest.

Where did the machinist touch you?

The ones I've worked with were capable of making far more complex things accurately. Figuring out how to move a bridge and shorten a forearm is simple.

Did you miss the guy in this very thread that did that very thing?

Reactions: Jmkjr87
It's all starting to make sense now. They're not actually anywhere NEAR the border are they? :D

The ones I've worked with were capable of making far more complex things accurately. Figuring out how to move a bridge and shorten a forearm is simple.

You can't say anything about machine work with out that guy jumping down your throat and telling you, you have no idea what your talking about

The Chinese can reverse engineer anything on the planet and sometimes do a better job than the original.

But apparently US machinists can't cut 2" of a block of aluminum with the full drawing package, and OEM specifications.

Reactions: Jmkjr87
The trigger requirement makes it a 1 MOA rifle in most hands.

Yeah that was a head scratcher for me too.

Kind of like buying a high performance car and insisting that all season tires are installed that have a 90,000 mile tread life.

. One out of 20 of the guys issued this will be able to shoot up to its level and it won't be useful in the majority of scenarios as a semi-auto would.
Pretty convinced that you have no idea what guys this would be issued to.

The RFP and RFQs were drafted by and for BORTAC.
BORTAC arguably has the best sniper schools/programs in the country. Ditto on their tracking school. Their PT standards and selection process are top shelf.

You will not see these rifles outside of BORTAC for quite some time if ever.

I am a huge Seekins fan.
That being said, you are FOS. . and seemingly have not seen many guys struggle with large frame gas guns when trying to use them as their primary PMO gun.

Also, i am now 100% convinced that you have no idea what their scenarios are.

Last edited:
Man, if they would only give them ammo too, they could start solving that problem.

An AI rifle and a prison sentence for using it.
Have to admit I can`t claim to know all the circumstances that CBP agents might encounter, but I also have to admit that my first thought was, " Now who on God`s green earth are these guys going to be authorized to shoot these things at? "

Have to admit I can`t claim to know all the circumstances that CBP agents might encounter, but I also have to admit that my first thought was, " Now who on God`s green earth are these guys going to be authorized to shoot these things at? "
They should be shooting the barrels out 4 times a year, but I'd be willing ti bet they will get 100 rounds of training ammo a year, and therebwill be cobwebs in the barrels by the time they get back to the range.

Funny nobody has realized there is more than one border .