• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys CZ 455/457 Keystone GM&Bartlein Custom 22LR Barrel Group Buy #2

I got my barrel glued up last night.
I hope to get to shoot it this weekend.

Reactions: JKW70
Did you contact keystone?? Why did you glue it in if the barrel wouldn't go all the way in???

Last edited:
Did you twist left and right to make sure you center extractors in grooves?
Yes, I twisted left and right and used a good bit of downward force to seat it. I glued it because you guys said it was an easy process and not to overthink the whole thing. I guess I didn’t think enough. Also no, I have not contacted Keystone yet

Got mine together and out on the range this weekend SK Flatnose match is shooting good
E0DBAA0E-65B7-49ED-BBD4-CD6F4041A501.jpeg

Here’s a couple of groups
A9B56504-B66A-4ECD-9150-64CB40F05B55.png

A241DF08-514E-478D-A153-F30A220CD015.png

10 rnds on the left and 5 on the right of SK flat nose basic with a cpl of “flyers” in between

E23C27B1-DCA3-485E-BDDA-FE0AC5FF1A78.jpeg

Reactions: Greg0326 and padom
I got my 455 together this morning.
Hope to shoot it tomorrow after church.

Attachments

• 15908423194082265416825875704917.jpg
    15908423194082265416825875704917.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 80
Just a follow up on mine not extracting sk ammo. I had pulled the barrel off to check the extractor slots but it looked fine so then I glued it back up making sure to twist the barrel where I could feel the extractors and centered it between them and so far my problem went away. I had a KYL match today and took first place hitting the 1/4 inch 5 times without a single FTE.

Reactions: JKW70 and padom
Just a follow up on mine not extracting sk ammo. I had pulled the barrel off to check the extractor slots but it looked fine so then I glued it back up making sure to twist the barrel where I could feel the extractors and centered it between them and so far my problem went away. I had a KYL match today and took first place hitting the 1/4 inch 5 times without a single FTE.

That's awesome!

10 X 10 shot with SK pistol match. 50 yds

Attachments

• ECA05CE2-4F22-4C4B-B363-BC87AD62B9D0.jpeg
    ECA05CE2-4F22-4C4B-B363-BC87AD62B9D0.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: Greg0326
First of all, thanks @padom for making this GB happened. After getting my rifle back i wanted to try it out but did not get a chance to due to corona situation. Finally got to shoot it the other day at 100 yds and holy sht, i feels like cheating. The ammo i used was Sk standard. I am pretty sure most if not all my 5 shots group at 100 yd was sub 1" with many go for half. I'll include picture when i get a chance too. Thinking about going back out there with Center-X to see if i can get even better group. Just want to thanks padom for making this happen and see the potential of a 22lr cartridges.

Edit: Since it's my first time with this type of chamber. Is it suppose to be hard to close the bolt? I need to put a lot of force to close my bolt in order to shoot. I don't think i can use CCI standard for the rifle.

Reactions: padom
Sad I missed this 😢
Pretty sure if you go on Keystone accuracy website under gunsmith service, they have options for GM and Kreiger barrel for your CZ still. The price look similar, i would suggest give them a call.

Question on ammo for all of you. I had an eye injury when the barrel came in so I haven't had a chance to test it out at all. I'm finally able to now.

I haven't shot it yet but just wanted to see what ammo it would chamber. I can't get the bolt to close on SK standard plus or SK rifle match. It will close on center-x and R50 but it's so tight in there that it won't extract a loaded round after closing the bolt.

Anyone else have a similar experience with their barrel? I don't mind limiting this gun to center-x and r50 but I would like to be able to extract a loaded round without firing. I don't know yet if I'll have extraction issues after firing. Hopefully going to the range this Friday. Do I need to just try some other brands of ammo it is this something maybe I should call Keystone and ask about?

Question on ammo for all of you. I had an eye injury when the barrel came in so I haven't had a chance to test it out at all. I'm finally able to now.

I haven't shot it yet but just wanted to see what ammo it would chamber. I can't get the bolt to close on SK standard plus or SK rifle match. It will close on center-x and R50 but it's so tight in there that it won't extract a loaded round after closing the bolt.

Anyone else have a similar experience with their barrel? I don't mind limiting this gun to center-x and r50 but I would like to be able to extract a loaded round without firing. I don't know yet if I'll have extraction issues after firing. Hopefully going to the range this Friday. Do I need to just try some other brands of ammo it is this something maybe I should call Keystone and ask about?

You have it installed and timed correctly with the extractors centered in the extractor grooves? If you can chamber CenterX you should have no problems chambering SK....The reamer is designed around CX and SK and many from the group buy are shooting both no problem and winning matches.... Its a match chamber, it should have some resistance closing the bolt as the bullet is being pushed into the lands... But I never had any problems extracting live rounds on mine.

Last edited:
You have it installed and timed correctly with the extractors centered in the extractor grooves? If you can chamber CenterX you should have no problems chambering SK....The reamer is designed around CX and SK and many from the group buy are shooting both no problem and winning matches.... Its a match chamber, it should have some resistance closing the bolt as the bullet is being pushed into the lands... But I never had any problems extracting live rounds on mine.

I was pretty careful to follow your instructions on centering the extractor grooves before gluing. I could always try removing it and reinstalling, but I don't think that's the issue. It's definitely tight. I tried chambering more ammo. R50 will extract loaded one out of every 4-5 or so, but center-x gets stuck every time. And with SK I definitely cannot get the bolt to close. I've tried multiple mags to rule that out.

Maybe I should try and reinstall the barrel? What would be the best way to do that? I assume I'd need some sort of heat source for the loctite? I sent John an email to see if he has any ideas on what may be going on. Thanks.

Last edited: