• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

So.... is MDT the only option for a 457 chassis currently?

Call rigid alloy. They told me on IG that they were close on the 457.

Maybe call them to see.

Just picked up a 455 chassis and it looks well made. Maybe a little heavy but I will see once it’s all done

Reactions: garandman
I'd like to see a KRG Bravo option for it, but I haven't seen anything anywhere suggesting that they'll make one. I imagine they will eventually.

Emailed them today. They said " We are working on a design for one, but I don’t have a release date at this time."

That's what I really wanted. Ended up ordering an MPA..... which is sposedly 3-4 weeks till shipped.

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman
Emailed them today. They said " We are working on a design for one, but I don’t have a release date at this time."

That's what I really wanted. Ended up ordering an MPA..... which is sposedly 3-4 weeks till shipped.

Great! Thanks for the info! I'll have to keep my eye out for updates.

Reactions: garandman
If anyone knows where there's an MTR in stock please p.m. me. They've been nonexistent for weeks.

You're not looking very hard, then...

Aside from this one, I was following three last week before I decided I'd rather just jump into the Vudoo pool and sell a few other items I'm not using to make up the difference. They're out there!

Wtf? Literally have been putting CZ 457 varmint mtr in the search bar and coming up with nothing.

Wtf? Literally have been putting CZ 457 varmint mtr in the search bar and coming up with nothing.

Try a bunch of related phrases. When I do a search, I'd search for the following:

-CZ 457MTR
-CZ 457 MTR
-CZ 457 Varmint MTR
-CZ MTR

You get the idea. Sometimes I even try various spellings, as lots of folks either can't spell, don't care if it's misspelled, or make an accidental typo. Gotta cover all your bases if you wanna get the good stuff! ;)

Reactions: gunjunkie45
Try a bunch of related phrases. When I do a search, I'd search for the following:

-CZ 457MTR
-CZ 457 MTR
-CZ 457 Varmint MTR
-CZ MTR

You get the idea. Sometimes I even try various spellings, as lots of folks either can't spell, don't care if it's misspelled, or make an accidental typo. Gotta cover all your bases if you wanna get the good stuff! ;)
Also add the CZ SKU# 02345 for the MTR

Here is the trail you can follow for all your viewing pleasures.

Start out on GB home page and click on...

"Browse Categories" then highlight
"Guns and Firearms" then highlight
"Rifles" then click on
"Bolt Action Rifles"

After this find the Filter Column on the left and come down and under Caliber select

"22 LR" then Personally I select
"No Reserve" because I don't want to be bothered with those. Then, located high and right, in the "Sort By" field I select
"Price: Low to High"

Now you are all set to view any Manufacture by selecting in the left column
"See All" then select
"CZ-USA" and you should be able to see every single CZ offered for sale on GB. Probably with a few BRNO's in there as well.

In the beginning I used to use just the search feature and found I was missing some listings.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
SO i picked up the 457 with the 24" barrel and ordered the OSS RAD muffler. with such a long barrel for the 22LR if i use CCi that flies at 710 FPS. will i have more of a chance of the bullet getting suck in the barrel?

I just got my CZ 457 in a Manners stock from Area 419. Put my spare Bushnell scope on it.

Greg

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 244
SO i picked up the 457 with the 24" barrel and ordered the OSS RAD muffler. with such a long barrel for the 22LR if i use CCi that flies at 710 FPS. will i have more of a chance of the bullet getting suck in the barrel?
You've been on RFC haven't you? Personally, I don't believe the bullet will not get stuck in the barrel. If it did you can always drive it out on the bolt action. That's my thoughts anyway.

Has anyone got in touch with manners? Is there any hope they sell a 457 stock like the 455s they offer

I got that but are they releasing it to us common folk or are we forced to buy the factory configuration
The big brother to that stock is like $1100. So if the cost was the same you buy the VPT and the barreled action and trigger are free. At least that’s how it works out between my ears.

Has anyone got in touch with manners? Is there any hope they sell a 457 stock like the 455s they offer
I think they are available for order if you call. I believe Robert said they could be ordered in any color.

Are you a wood stock guy? Just curious. I believe wood has its place on classics.

Absolutely. I bought a spare MTR stock for a build but I’m getting ate up with the 22 plague and don’t think I’ll be lucky enough to find another MTR stock

Absolutely. I bought a spare MTR stock for a build but I’m getting ate up with the 22 plague and don’t think I’ll be lucky enough to find another MTR stock
Manners list the camo one and the tan one on their website for something a little north of $700.

Reactions: BigRed308
Just bought a Pro Varmint. Excited to get it put together. Build should go something like this:

16.5” Pro Varmint
DIP rail
DIP knob
Texture the stock and repaint GAP Camo
Add flush cups
Triad stock pack
Harris bipod
Low rings
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44
AAC Element 2

Will update with pics this week.

Last edited:
I have a cz457 varmint. I am 3D printing some spacers to make the LOP longer ( way to short for my 6'7 frame.) If they work, I'll share the files for others.

Last edited:
Got everything put together today. You guys have been a big help. I’ve read this thread several times. Went with the 419 knob but not the rail. I didn’t want a rail that tall. So I went with the 25 moa extended rail from triggers by scar. I’m super impressed with the rail, especially since it was 35 bucks and free shipping. Picked up a bunch of different ammo. Going to try to get to the range on Monday. Hopefully find something it likes

Attachments

• DBC04AEA-EA05-4967-B95E-8695A98BB0A7.jpeg
    DBC04AEA-EA05-4967-B95E-8695A98BB0A7.jpeg
    639.1 KB · Views: 184
On the subject of pic rails, looks like the DIP and Scar are very similar.. any reason to choose one over the other?
Scar is out of stock at the moment..

They seem to be identical. I really dig the DIP knob so I bulked on shipping and got the rail from them. My rings were hitting the bolt arm so I Dremel’d them down a tad. Not a big deal since everything will be painted. The set screws line up perfect with the receiver and the rail looks completely flush all the way around I recommend the DIP

Ok, finally got my scope mounted. Without the can, it looks a bit ridiculous with the sunshade on it ?

The AT-ONE stock is decent, especially for the price, but it's sized down a little too much. The LOP is short, so my scope is mounted just about as far forward on the rail and in the rings as possible. I still need to add about a 1/4 inch to the butt pad. The cheek riser is also about 1/4-1/2 inch too short when maxed out, and the scope is about as low as it can go. Fortunately, both of those are easy fixes.

I've got a few types of ammo to test out, but I will likely end up pillar and glass bedding the action in this stock. I'm going to spend some time getting the stock to fit right, then get it bedded, then focus on finding the right ammo. If I cant get the fitment right, I'll get the MPA and call it a day, then find the right ammo.

Rifle: CZ457 Varmint AT-ONE (16.5in barrel)
Scope Base: BScar 25MOA Extended
Scope: Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50
Rings: Vortex PMR Medium Height (.97in)
Scope Caps: Vortex Defender
Scope Level: MKM Lo Pro
Throw Lever: MKM Carbon
Data Card Mount: loudandproud (here on the hide)
Bipod: Harris
Mag Extension: MKM
Can (not pictured): SilencerCo Spectre II

20190714_092154.jpg

20190714_092220.jpg

20190714_092315.jpg

I went and did it. Never thought I would actually build up a .22, but I borrowed a 455 and shot a NRL22 match; now I have the bug. This is the start of something beautiful, or a rabbit hole leading to a Voodoo. Don’t know which yet.

Parts are on the way to finish this out. Has anyone had cheek weld issues with the Tacticool stock, Area 419 base and low rings (.83")? Just wondering if I will need to build up the cheek piece.

Attachments

• 3BABC5C9-F82A-4207-AC31-A6D580A5019E.jpeg
    3BABC5C9-F82A-4207-AC31-A6D580A5019E.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I went and did it. Never thought I would actually build up a .22, but I borrowed a 455 and shot a NRL22 match; now I have the bug. This is the start of something beautiful, or a rabbit hole leading to a Voodoo. Don’t know which yet.

Parts are on the way to finish this out. Has anyone had cheek weld issues with the Tacticool stock, Area 419 base and low rings (.83")? Just wondering if I will need to build up the cheek piece.

I’d get a stock pack for it. My Dip rail with low rings is perfect with a triad pack and all the Velcro risers on a tacticool. That 419 base is much higher. But all depends on your face. Stock pack is a must on a .22. Holds your thread protector, mags, and an extra pack of ammo.