• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

The standard height 25 moa rail or the extra height moa rail? See what I mean? The stand height BSCAR rail sets 1/4” off the top of your barrel and the extra height rail adds 5/64” to that for a total of 21/64” off.

As an educational assist, I’m going to refer you to this sticky thread in the Optics forum:

Teach a man to fish...😉
So if I am doing this right...my rail is 1/4" or 6.35mm. Bell objective is 56mm.

(6.35mm+28mm ring height (ARC M10 medium rings)) - 28mm = 6.35 mm or 1/4".

Looks like medium height rings will allow 1/4" clearance

Reactions: nikonNUT
So if I am doing this right...my rail is 1/4" or 6.35mm. Bell objective is 56mm.

So this is the Midas TAC with low rings on a 25MOA BScar rail. Scope caps are not an option (I run a scope coat). I might have 1/8" clearance...
scope clearance.jpeg

Reactions: lash
Thanks I'll probably go with medium to allow caps
Yeah, I may do the same. BTW... The Monstrum caps are fantastic for 20.00 for the set. They give the Vortex defenders a run for their money...

Well as you see below (above) you are forgetting the the outside bell on a 56mm objective lens is larger than 56mm. This is to allow some amount of tube to hold the lens. 😉

But you’re getting there. It takes time to absorb all this stuff.

Well as you see below (above) you are forgetting the the outside bell on a 56mm objective lens is larger than 56mm. This is to allow some amount of tube to hold the lens. 😉

But you’re getting there. It takes time to absorb all this stuff.
The Midas TAC is a 50MM objective with an approx. 56MM (give or take .2MM. I have CRS :LOL: ) bell per my calipers.

Anyone running a 50mm objective with a CZ 457 VPT (Manners stock) ?

I’m wondering how tough it is to get a good cheek weld and still be able to see through the scope, being that these stocks are not adjustable.

I bought the same exact rifle and Area 419 rail. I’m just waiting on the rifle to get shipped. I’ve had trouble finding 10 round mags for it actually in stock anywhere and have to yet order an atlas bipod rail for it. I’ve been admiring these for quite a while and then got to shoot one during a match in March. That sealed the deal for me.
I just picked up the same rifle also but ordered a Manners stock. I will be running the 419 rail and 30MOA base using a Bushnell DMR scope. It will almost be the same setup with my Defiance 6.5 and DMR pro in manners/419 combo.

What a difference .100" makes. With a good cheek weld the scope is just black. The lows are going back on... Scope caps be damned! :)

I have the original Boyd’s stock. I just installed the Victor Company cheekrisers. Wow the really helped.

Next, I need to change LOP. I’m looking at the KRG Rimfire Bravo LOP extension and fitting it to my stock.

I’m doing this and still trying to stay in NRL 22 Base class.

Will someone help a guy out, I need some opinions

CZ 457 in the Manners stock, and adding some form of cheek riser

or...

CZ 457 in the Pro Varmint or At-One stock....selling the Boyd’s stock....and dropping the barreled action into a KRG Bravo. I’m just not a fan of Boyd’s

Use will be a just for fun range toy, both close range and long distance...may have some just for fun matches with friends/family, but no actual competition like NRL22 or PRS

Help me spend my money lol
Manners makes a cheek riser kit you can buy. Looks and feels great.

Well, it depends a bit on which rail you are using. For example, the Area 419 rail is almost 1/2” tall. That means that you can typically get by with low rings.
.... yeah.

So anyway.

How do you guys find the stock as delivered from CZ?
I recently bought a 457 VPT with 16.5 inch barrel as a host for my incarcerated DA Mask.

My property only allows about 150 yards max so I installed the 0 MOA DIP scope rail and then an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50.

Just got the scope mounted this morning and haven't shot. But mounting the rifle, I have no issues with cheek weld. I thought maybe I'd need a riser but that's not the case.

Attachments

• 20210508_082332.jpg
    20210508_082332.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 186
Anyone running a 50mm objective with a CZ 457 VPT (Manners stock) ?

I’m wondering how tough it is to get a good cheek weld and still be able to see through the scope, being that these stocks are not adjustable.
I used a TBScar original 25 MOA scope rail on my VPT, with an Athlon Ares 6-24x50 in TPS TSR low rings. As you can see in the photo, there's about 3/16" clearance between the objective bell and the Shilen .854" straight cylinder bbl I put on it, which is slightly larger than the OEM 24" bbl it replaced. I'm pretty comfortable with the height of the scope with this set-up, though a thin stick-on pad wouldn't hurt anything...

Attachments

• DSC_0304.JPG
    DSC_0304.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 522
CZ 457 MTR, Area 419 Arca rail, scope base, bolt knop, Manners PRS Stock Reverse GAP Color, and adjustable cheek rest, trigger job

Attachments

• received_231325582088533.jpeg
    received_231325582088533.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 175
Sweet! Are you sponsored by SK ammo? Photo from the SK team room?
Wish I was! No, its my gun room. I painted it on the wall, same with the CZ logo on another wall and Jack Daniels on the safe. in time I’m gonna place some cabinets abive the sk logo with some lights under it.

Attachments

• 692A285B-5CCE-4049-B462-0E5F6DCF835D.jpeg
    692A285B-5CCE-4049-B462-0E5F6DCF835D.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 142A5CEC-C5FE-4AEF-B7FD-5874E0871ECA.jpeg
    142A5CEC-C5FE-4AEF-B7FD-5874E0871ECA.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 125
I have a CZ 457 on the way with an Area419 30MOA rail. These rails look kinda high, can I get away with a low ring with a 50mm objective? Thinking Burris XTR signature in 1" height (they call low) with my Athlon Midas Tac.

I have a CZ 457 on the way with an Area419 30MOA rail. These rails look kinda high, can I get away with a low ring with a 50mm objective? Thinking Burris XTR signature in 1" height (they call low) with my Athlon Midas Tac.
I have a 457 with the Area419 30 MOA rail. I have the Midas Tac 6-24 with the lowest rings I could find and there is still plenty of clearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and nikonNUT
Well, I had some DIP parts land today. I got them installed and... swapped right back to the factory parts. Maybe it's my gun but the mag release action wasn't as positive and the magazine doesn't go in with a nice positive click. Maybe there are some slight differences between the 455 and the 457 (same part for both) but they just don't play nice. Ah well, lesson learned.

Here is mine get up like my Defiance and Surgeon

Attachments

• received_314519116826332~2.jpeg
    received_314519116826332~2.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: 300rem7
Well, I had some DIP parts land today. I got them installed and... swapped right back to the factory parts. Maybe it's my gun but the mag release action wasn't as positive and the magazine doesn't go in with a nice positive click. Maybe there are some slight differences between the 455 and the 457 (same part for both) but they just don't play nice. Ah well, lesson learned.
The magwell is loose fitting. I found this to be advantageous as you can shim ( I use tape) the mags to tune the feed angle (reducing bullet deformation during feeding, which reduces fliers)

WTF?!?I picked mine up from Black Market Arms for $27.95. They’ve had them off and on for the last couple weeks.

Reactions: dpb1776
If you haven’t bought rings yet go lower that 1” here’s mine below with same 30moa 419 rail same scope as you and I wish I would’ve went .90 or closer to that height. I do like having a little more finger clearance between scope body and bolt. But lower rings still would’ve been a better deal. These are vortex pro 1” height rings

Attachments

• AA45418A-47D4-4AD7-9DAF-2F0A949CDFBE.jpeg
    AA45418A-47D4-4AD7-9DAF-2F0A949CDFBE.jpeg
    593.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 026BA0A5-9E07-4B2C-BA4D-E525F8E6CEA6.jpeg
    026BA0A5-9E07-4B2C-BA4D-E525F8E6CEA6.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 150
I got the rifle and am all setup for now.
Ended up using the Midas Tac and MDT High rings that I pulled off my Bergara. I have just enough clearance for the sunshade over the enclosed forend when I need it.
Anyway, here she is.
20210610_210154.jpg

-MDT XRS w/ ARCA Forend
-Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50
-IBI 22"
-Anarchy Outdoors Bolt Knob, Mag Release and +3rnd Mag
-Yo Dave Spring,

Ha, I have one on my B14R as well, though I am selling the rifle.
I really like these XRS', this one is no different. I think they could have flared the magwell a little more but it is still pretty easy to find. I also have the AO Extended Mag Release so having that as a reference probably helps.

Ha, I have one on my B14R as well, though I am selling the rifle.
I really like these XRS', this one is no different. I think they could have flared the magwell a little more but it is still pretty easy to find. I also have the AO Extended Mag Release so having that as a reference probably helps.
Out of curiosity, why are you selling it? I ask because if I were to sell one, it would definitely be the Bergara as well.

For me is kind of special circumstance. I am a C6 Quadriplegic so have little hand function.
As such I don't have much grip and the CZ being a full 2lbs lighter it makes life easier. Also, I find it easier loading the CZ mags over the B14R's. For me at least.
I do really like the Bergara but only so much room in the safe and not currently in a position to purchase another optic.