• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

I started some ammo testing and to my surprise SK Semi Auto has been best at both 50 and 100yrd.
Both 10 round groups.
target_image.jpg
target_image (2).jpg

Ha, I have one on my B14R as well, though I am selling the rifle.
I really like these XRS', this one is no different. I think they could have flared the magwell a little more but it is still pretty easy to find. I also have the AO Extended Mag Release so having that as a reference probably helps.
Could you post a picture of the magwell area? Is it a full size cut out or cut for the small CZ mags?

CZ 457 Pro Varmint 22lr
Bushnell Match Pro scope
Area 419 30moa rail
Area 419 bolt knob
Pete's Pillars installed with Devcon
Victor cheekrest

Shot my first NRL22 match the other day with this rifle and loved it.

The rifle really likes SK Match at 50 yards, but prefers Eley Target at 100 and Eley Club not far behind that. I've had good luck with some other ammo as well, but the SK and Eley I currently have more inventory of.

Older picture of the rifle below. Currently has Warne horizontal split rings, MKM throw lever and I'm waiting on a B&T pic rail and an Atlas BT65 bipod.

20210521_221245.jpg

20210510_170737.jpg

20210510_173617.jpg

20210510_181340.jpg

Played around at 200 the other day until the wind came along on the last few shots.

20210619_152447.jpg

A good day ay the Range with my new 457 VPT. I have about 300rds down now and getting better. I shot a match Monday and had a 4385 total on 2 ARA factory targets, getting a second out of 9 shooters. Today I went to practice and shot a 4850 on 2 ARA factory targets. Here's the the 2450 target only had one touch the 100 ring. I was shooting SK Pistol match, but it shoots Std. Plus and Rifle Match about the same.

IMG_2684 (Medium).JPG

Looking for ideas on how to add some "girth" to the grip of the 457 Pro Varmint stock.

The KRG Bravo seems about perfect for me with a width of 1 7/8". The Pro Varmint measures 1 9/16".

I'd like to add some bulk to the grip without making it look horrible at the same time.

20210625_092703.jpg

Looking for ideas on how to add some "girth" to the grip of the 457 Pro Varmint stock.

The KRG Bravo seems about perfect for me with a width of 1 7/8". The Pro Varmint measures 1 9/16".

I'd like to add some bulk to the grip without making it look horrible at the same time.

View attachment 7654711
Search some apoxie sculpt moldong paste. I believe it’s also black.

You might be able to build up the area by wrapping self adhesive medical tape (Coban / Vet tape). It can be found in a multitude of colors. Its inexpensive so you can experiment. It's easily removed without leaving any residue.

You might be able to build up the area by wrapping self adhesive medical tape (Coban / Vet tape). It can be found in a multitude of colors. Its inexpensive so you can experiment. It's easily removed without leaving any residue.
Ordered a roll of the 3M vetrap in black. I wanted to put some of that around the front area of my scope anyways, so 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reactions: kmckinnon
I only have about 200 rounds though it yet but so far, I’m enjoying my LRP. The accuracy seems good but I’ve only shot CCI SV and SK Standard Plus so far. I don’t have a rear bag or anything particularly stable so there’s probably a lot of room for improvement with a rear bag, more rounds down the pipe and better ammo.

Attachments

• B87251BB-336F-48D5-9CFD-208B754B90AA.jpeg
    B87251BB-336F-48D5-9CFD-208B754B90AA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
WTF?!?I picked mine up from Black Market Arms for $27.95. They’ve had them off and on for the last couple weeks.
Thank you for the heads up on them ordered a couple 10 rounders and got them in three days, got another in stock notification and have two more arriving today along with a couple 20 round Okay AR mags. Impressed by them so far

Reactions: nikonNUT
Anyone know any place that sells 457 small parts? Shopczusa dot com has been out of stock on everything 457 for a long time and there’s nothing on eBay.
I’m looking for an extractor and extractor spring.

I contacted CZ a month ago and asked to buy an extractor and spring because of extraction issues. They are sending them as warranty items. I got the spring yesterday, the extractor is still out of stock.

I only have about 200 rounds though it yet but so far, I’m enjoying my LRP. The accuracy seems good but I’ve only shot CCI SV and SK Standard Plus so far. I don’t have a rear bag or anything particularly stable so there’s probably a lot of room for improvement with a rear bag, more rounds down the pipe and better ammo.
Do you have yellowish spots on your stock? I hope yours is fine.
I just went back with mine it has some yellow comming thru the gray coat.
I think it’s because of the berk stock being not dry (yet), and when you touch it your grip pushes out the moisture. Im looking into getting an MDT acc chassis for mine.

Attachments

• 89824BBE-C14E-46B4-9E7B-65706E13DDAB.jpeg
    89824BBE-C14E-46B4-9E7B-65706E13DDAB.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 77
Will someone help a guy out, I need some opinions

CZ 457 in the Manners stock, and adding some form of cheek riser

or...

CZ 457 in the Pro Varmint or At-One stock....selling the Boyd’s stock....and dropping the barreled action into a KRG Bravo. I’m just not a fan of Boyd’s

Use will be a just for fun range toy, both close range and long distance...may have some just for fun matches with friends/family, but no actual competition like NRL22 or PRS

Help me spend my money lol
I have the ProVarmint stock and I've never liked it b/c of the difficulties with cheek weld. Looked at a KRG, but not enough cheek riser height. I bought one of the kydex adjustable cheek risers which arrives this week and I *think* this should do it b/c I can choose exactly where I want to drill the screws with respect to top of comb plus it's up to 1.5" of rise so way more than I need, but enough to get what I want. Only thing I'd like different after that would be a truly vertical palm swell like the MTR stock, but I can live w/o it until I chance onto a smoking deal....it's a want not a need at that point. I'll update once the adjustable riser is in place:

Reactions: lash
Do you have yellowish spots on your stock? I hope yours is fine.
I just went back with mine it has some yellow comming thru the gray coat.
I think it’s because of the berk stock being not dry (yet), and when you touch it your grip pushes out the moisture. Im looking into getting an MDT acc chassis for mine.
I don't "yet". I say "yet" because I've heard that oils, greases and other chemicals on your hands stain the rubberized coating. This can even be from the lubricant on the bullets.

Guys I'm really wanting to put my 457 in an MTR stock. Looks like there isn't quite the radical drop in comb like my ProVarmint....if you would care to comment on your fit with it I'd be grateful please b/f I begin my search. Buddy has an old Anschutz with a similar style stock and the palm swell/vertical grip and cutout are so comfy. I'd be pumped to find one, but not being able to put hands on an exact MTR to try I'd be grateful for your opinion. Thanks

1626725288184.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fullsemiauto556
I find the MTR stock to be very comfortable for me. I like the palm swell on the grip and how the grip is vertical to the trigger. It's all very comfortable and just has a solid feel. The problem I had was when I added the Picatinny rail so as to mount my scope; I didn't have a good cheek weld to the stock, as the eyepiece of the scope was now too high. I solved this by taking the rail off and replacing it with 11 mm rings which mount directly to the receiver rail. That dropped my scope just the right amount. Now my eyes are in perfect alignment with the scope and I have a good cheek weld. For the type of shooting I do with the rifle (ARA factory bench rest), I don't need any cant in the scope mountings.

I could do without the writing on the stock engraving, but that's a minor thing

Great thanks for the input.....cheek weld argh! The ProVarmint is a struggle I have an adjustable kydex kit coming, but still doesn't get the palm swell like the MTR

Reactions: DaveCo
For any of you who participate in ARA Factory Rifle Class Matches, which version of the CZ 457 are you using? Also, can you describe the modifications you've made, if any?

Thanks very much!

RFS99

Guys I'm really wanting to put my 457 in an MTR stock. Looks like there isn't quite the radical drop in comb like my ProVarmint....if you would care to comment on your fit with it I'd be grateful please b/f I begin my search. Buddy has an old Anschutz with a similar style stock and the palm swell/vertical grip and cutout are so comfy. I'd be pumped to find one, but not being able to put hands on an exact MTR to try I'd be grateful for your opinion. Thanks

View attachment 7670849
I have one that you can try out Wednesday if you like. I’m also having a cheek rider issue since I added a rail to it, but otherwise really like the stock.

While on the subject, does anyone here use a slip-on or strap-on cheek riser for the MTR stock? Maybe even one that has an additional bit of butt pad length?

Reactions: atepointer
I have one that you can try out Wednesday if you like. I’m also having a cheek rider issue since I added a rail to it, but otherwise really like the stock.

While on the subject, does anyone here use a slip-on or strap-on cheek riser for the MTR stock? Maybe even one that has an additional bit of butt pad length?
Wow thanks can't wait! My 2 bolt kydex shipped out today so it won't be here to look at, but sounds like you are looking at one that doesn't require drilling. See ya Wednesday

Yeah, the kydex ones are the quickest and easiest way to do it, but that is such nice walnut that I hate to screw it up right away.

Yeah, the kydex ones are the quickest and easiest way to do it, but that is such nice walnut that I hate to screw it up right away.
If I end up getting an MTR stock you can let me mess it up first then try it;)

• Haha
There is a guy on YouTube that runs a titan universal cheek riser on his. Still looks pretty good. May try one on mine. My main issue with my MTR stock is the length of pull... it's fine for positional shooting but too short for prone. I could use another 1/2"-1". Pretty much the same on all CZ stocks though.

There is a guy on YouTube that runs a titan universal cheek riser on his. Still looks pretty good. May try one on mine. My main issue with my MTR stock is the length of pull... it's fine for positional shooting but too short for prone. I could use another 1/2"-1". Pretty much the same on all CZ stocks though.
Exactly. I find myself shooting prone with the stock short of my shoulder. It’s not ideal, but maybe I’ll just have to get used to it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: gunjunkie45
I’m going to check that out. If it doesn’t work, I’ll just add it to the pile of things gun related that set about unused. I know that I’m not the only one. 😎

Gents,

Please forgive the naive but sincere questions:
Is the 457 really a huge step up fro the Ruger American I am currently shooting? Because for $500 (varmint model at Bud's) that's a step I could make.

I shoot CCI standard velocity mainly, but run some golden bullets when hunting. Any issues here?

@Booner1334, are you able to run a normal-sized (30mm or 1" body and 40 ish mm obj) scope with the 11mm rings? Good source of supply?

Does the rifle ship with a rail?

Thanks and God bless America.

Gents,

Please forgive the naive but sincere questions:
Is the 457 really a huge step up fro the Ruger American I am currently shooting? Because for $500 (varmint model at Bud's) that's a step I could make.

I shoot CCI standard velocity mainly, but run some golden bullets when hunting. Any issues here?

@Booner1334, are you able to run a normal-sized (30mm or 1" body and 40 ish mm obj) scope with the 11mm rings? Good source of supply?

I think it is a good step up for you. I was shooting a pretty accurate Savage MkII and then shot the CZ457. Bought one that next week. You can still use the CCI SV with great results, but maybe will get even better results with better ammo.

The rifle does not ship with a rail. You will want to get a rail.

Reactions: Scarface26
For any of you who participate in ARA Factory Rifle Class Matches, which version of the CZ 457 are you using? Also, can you describe the modifications you've made, if any?

Thanks very much!

RFS99
I have the CZ 457 MTR which I use to shoot ARA Factory Class.
Modifications per the rules are minimal.
I did a bedding job per Richard Franklin's video (so I now know how one of the pros does it), and this was probably the biggest improvement.
I used a crown lapping tool from Brownell's to lightly touch up the crown/remove the machining marks in the crown area.
I added a "YoDave" spring to the trigger to lighten it.
From Amazon, I purchased 11mm dovetail air rifle scope rings; Miszugiwa 30mm medium height (14mm). cost was $9.99. To these rings I mounted a Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x52 which I shoot at 50 power. I do not change my scope settings once I zero my scope to the lot of ammo I shoot. when conditions change I hold off in my scope.
From Grizzly Industries, I purchased a Bald Eagle front rest, and I use a Protector rear bag. I shoot "free recoil" and I put SPG lube on the leather of the front rest and rear bag. This lube uses bee's wax and lanolin and is kind of sticky, I also rub some of the lube on my stock where it contacts the bags and I tighten down the "ears" of the front bag so it holds the rifle tight to the front rest. With all of this, there is no recoil.
I normally use a single shot magazine which allows me to hand feed the round into the chamber, and it also slows me down, as I tend to shoot too fast. I used a 10 round mag in my last match because the place where I was shooting at has a reputation for real twitchy winds, and I wanted to get as many shots in as possible before the conditions changed. That strategy worked well until the conditions changed real fast and I missed it, so I think I'll go back to single loading.
I think I got lucky in purchasing a couple of bricks of Eley tenex that seem to be vary accurate. I've shot in 4 matches so far this, my first year of shooting in the ARA. and my ag's are in the 2300's. I think my equipment is good enough for me to be competitive; where I need to improve in order to get into the top tier of shooters is in my shooting fundamentals which include wind calls. I've got some wind flags from Midway USA that seem to be helping me in my wind reading abilities

Gents,

The rifle I shoot with in ARA factory bench rest is a CZ457 MTR.
There is a 11 mm rail machined into the top of the receiver. I tried a 11 mm rail to picatinny adapter on the rail but found that the combination of rail adaptor and rings put the scope up too high for a good cheek weld on the stock. So I decided to experiment and from Amazon, I purchased a set of Mizugiwa 30mm medium rings to mount my Vortex Golden Eagle scope. I -think- the objective lens of this scope is 52 mm and I have at least a 1/8 inch of clearance with my sun shade attached. The cost of the rings was $9.99, so I felt I didn't have much to loose if they didn't work out. I also load each round into the chamber and the picatinny adapter made this more difficult. I only shoot at 50 yards, if I were to use this rifle to shoot out to longer distances I would probably have to look for rings that had some cant built into them, or shim the ones I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimfireshooter99

View attachment 7670849
CZ has the MTR stock available to buy for $289.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/5083294021.html

Except, maybe you like the MPT and the wood, so…
Nothing wrong with it but for $289 you could get a lot more for the money. You will probably have to spend more to get pillars and bedding just to get to the same level a chassis is already at.

I’d offer to sell you my mtr stock but I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules. Very good price though.

Nothing wrong with it but for $289 you could get a lot more for the money. You will probably have to spend more to get pillars and bedding just to get to the same level a chassis is already at.

I’d offer to sell you my mtr stock but I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules. Very good price though.
You can’t list it in the PX.
Say I wanted to buy it (I don’t), what would that very good price be? Between friends of course.

Hahaha, no. I already own a CZ457 in an MTR stock and it does not need pillars and bedding to shoot lights out. Plus I generally don’t like chassis anyway. You can keep them.

Here’s a picture from Tuesday when I was zeroing a new scope at 50 yards. The first two shots are in the upper part of target, then I adjusted once and put the next three in the eight o’clock spot in the bull. Next I adjusted once more and put five rounds in that ragged cloverleaf in the lower right corner of the target. It shoots the same level of accuracy at 100-200-300 yards too. Oh yeah, I zeroed the scope and shot that while standing at a bench behind the rifle with bipod and bag, not bench rest. I think that will work fine.

A38CF712-C7B7-4072-8944-0F457621301C.jpeg