• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daily Distraction

1687357944803.jpeg

Some great photos in this thread! It'd really be nice if details were provided- the where, what, when, etc.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
These are the Desaturating Seven
With the grandeur of the world, they abuse and defile it
These are the Desaturating Seven
They fill their mouths with greed and take way more then they need
Ha ho, the Desaturating Seven
They're going to prowl and prey 'til the world is dark and grey
Because they are the Desaturating Seven

IMG_1356.HEIC.jpeg

Sordid lines come snapping backwards
Clashing with their hopes
Dumbfounded wretched writhing
As they tangle in their ropes
And came a mighty flood
Of the colors they desired
For the rainbows and the flowers
Of the valley had conspired

Revelations often come
When struggling not to sink
That when the meek unite
They aren't helpless a one may think

Drowning in the colors they had come to steal
The valiant persecuted served a devastating meal

No one in the valley wept for them

Reactions: IronSkillet
Mount made by my dear friend's (and last boss, I'm retired now) daughter who was 15 at the time. Her dad took her to a local WA state DNR office (don't really know what they call it in WA) to see if they had a road kill beaver or similar for her to work with. Fella said "no, but we have this mountain lion that was hit by a car but not badly damaged....would you like that?".

And below is the incredibly outstanding result. I couldn't be more proud of this young lady (she's 18...er, maybe 19 by now).

1687366525129.jpeg

Went to Kansas to visit B&T, home of the Atlas bipod,

IMG_0759.JPG

great eclectic building over there at B&T
IMG_0761.JPG

Then we spent Saturday at the Range with all the workers and Kasey,

SHD_9092.jpg

my shutter on my ancient Nikon D800 broke and so many of images were ruined with blur spots but we managed to grab a few

Dirty Fire started
SHD_9113.jpg

We were at Twin Peaks Range, home of the 2023 PRS Finale, wonder if I should attend the event as I was invited :)
SHD_9095.jpg

SHD_9099.jpg

You moved the spotter….

We all know you too old to see any further than the end of yer outstretched arm. 🤣

Nice pic. Love that area.
Hopefully get a tag while I can still walk!
Lol, didn't have the spotter, I went in with the intention of of killing him on that one.
Little did I know it would 21 more days.🥱

Reactions: powdahound76
Grand daughter and buddy on a trip from years ago. We took the picture after returning to the parking area from a nice long walk on the trail we came so far to see. We sure miss that dobbie, he was 15 years old at the time we took this picture.

Attachments

• 194.JPG
    194.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 72
Wolf track.

Wolf/dog you can draw an X through their track without crossing the pad.
63B3FD6E-2E65-449C-9B72-D573D94F9EF7.jpeg

smaller pad, longer toes, more of an elongated overall shape.

34408CC4-B48C-49A7-AE24-89FCB3C63543.jpeg

mountain lion has a bigger pad, toes are closer to the pad, more of a round shape.
can not draw the X through it without crossing the pad.

Very much reminds me of my favorite place in North America: Elk River in BC. 21 straight years until wuflu hope to be back next summer for the best dry fly action I've ever experienced.
I have heard Elk River is amazing, I need to jump through the hoops of crossing the border and back to check it out. My pic was on the middle fork of the Flathead. Decent cutthroat fishing, amazing float.

DC568D20-A981-4DC7-A027-33271E643103.jpeg

Edit-required pic

Last edited:
I have heard Elk River is amazing, I need to jump through the hoops of crossing the border and back to check it out. My pic was on the middle fork of the Flathead. Decent cutthroat fishing, amazing float.

View attachment 8175021

Edit-required pic
You will not be disappointed with a trip to The Elk. The Cuttys are simply insane. 90% dry fly action and you really can't miss as far as where you put in. We'd been happy for years to have a 20 fish day for the boat on various rivers out west until we hit Fernie. The worst day ever on The Elk for us would have been a 20 per person day and that's with no hatches. When you hit solid hatch you will lose count and fall down laughing. It's a treat!