• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Dark City (1998)

JWV

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Mich State Univ, East Lansing
I just watched this movie for the first time after hearing some of my friends talk about it. It has many big name actors in it and was a terrific movie. Upon watching the movie, it was very evident that the Matrix movies definitely seem to rip it off, the Matrix came out in 1999. They Matrix even used several of Dark City's props. Also, you can see strong relationships with Inception. I can't say I blame the Wachowski brothers or Nolan, Dark City was an incredibly original movie. So if you guys want to see a great sci-fi movie check out Dark City. Unless you already have, in that case, chime in.

Re: Dark City (1998)

That's because both were shot in Australia.

Agreed, great movie. It's on the shelf and worthy of watching again soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great movie. Ahead of it's time. </div></div>

I definitely agree

Hell yeh, light years ahead of its time.

Its amazing at how people seem to understand this movie more the second time around AFTER they had seen all of the matrix movies.

Dark city is worth owning.

Its a timeless classic that mixes sci fi with dark horror

on a side note, I need to start "tuning" myself a new, AI AX Covert and Atlas V8 pod with Hensoldt Ballistic Ranging Optic and their clip on NSV 80 Night Vision, just sayin
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a timeless classic that mixes sci fi with dark horror

on a side note, I need to start "tuning" myself a new, AI AX Covert and Atlas V8 pod with Hensoldt Ballistic Ranging Optic and their clip on NSV 80 Night Vision, just sayin
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Do it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a timeless classic that mixes sci fi with dark horror

whistle.gif
</div></div>

Do it </div></div>

maybe europtic and HDC-Deadly can help "tune" me
blush.gif

I own this movie as well. Really has a unique, creepy vibe. Very atmospheric.

Yep own it. The plot has been beaten to death by other movies but this one was ahead of it's time for sure.

Wow thanks for the tip, I had heard there was a lawsuit against the Matrix producers for supposedly stealing the whole idea from another script but didn't know about this movie... maybe the same one from the lawsuit if it's that close?

Too bad it's not the "Wachowski brothers" anymore... the one turned himself into an ass-ugly attempt at a female...

/pukes.

Now it's the "Wachowski siblings". That's the one right there in the pink... fuckin eye bleach.

281x21131.jpg