• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DDM4 300S vs Seekins SBR8

107driver

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2013
Portland, OR
I'm looking for a 300 SBR for fun out to 200 yards, the occasional class and match, and possibly home defense. In all cases I would plan on shooting it suppressed, a mix of subs and supers. I currently have a Dead Air Nomad-L and a TBAC Ultra-7, though the flow-through designs are intriguing.

I have had good experience with both Daniel Defense and Seekins, so I've focused on them, though open to others. As I see it the main differences are 10" vs 8", 1:8 vs 1:7, the stock, and of course the extended handguard on the Seekins--looks like the Nomad would just barely squeeze in. I'm not savvy enough to understand the implications of the adjustable gas block on the Seekins.

Considering both are DI guns from established houses, are there any factors that would push you to one over the other?

Thank you in advance.