• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead on case trimmer - FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!!

I follow Trim-It on facebook and they just posted something saying they're coming out with a version this fall that does all three for $185. I don't see it on their website though.

I spoke with Dustin the other day about this very issue. He said that he would have to pay a die/tool maker to grind this profile on each cutter, and that each 3 way cutter would have to be case specific. Cost would be around $100 just for each cutter that would then fit inside his housing. So you would be looking at $185 or so for the first unit, and then another 100 bucks for each separate cutter for different cases as well as a collet. He said he does not see a market at that price point. He also said that the Giraud trimmer uses this type cutter requiring a separate one for each case as well. I'm no machinist, so this is what he said to the best of my memory.

I spoke with Dustin the other day about this very issue. He said that he would have to pay a die/tool maker to grind this profile on each cutter, and that each 3 way cutter would have to be case specific. Cost would be around $100 just for each cutter that would then fit inside his housing. So you would be looking at $185 or so for the first unit, and then another 100 bucks for each separate cutter for different cases as well as a collet. He said he does not see a market at that price point. He also said that the Giraud trimmer uses this type cutter requiring a separate one for each case as well. I'm no machinist, so this is what he said to the best of my memory.

I don't believe that's how Giraud's trimmer works. I'm pretty sure you can trim, chamfer, and deburr multiple calibers with just the one trimmer and it locates off the datum line of the case, hence the $440 price tag.

I just ordered one, and would like to thank the OP for starting this thread. Can't wait to try it out.

I ordered the carbide cutter v.s. the stainless steel one. What are the pros and cons of carbide v.s. ss?