• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Decent optics replacement suggestions for M-76?

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Title explains it all. I'm looking for a good suggestion other than the Yugo issue optics, but keeping the mount. Recommend 1" tube decent quality optics with mildots for medium to long range, and yes, I recognize the shortcomings of the platform itself.

Re: Decent optics replacement suggestions for M-76?

I hate you. I want one of those rifles so bad. if it were me, and money weren't an issue I'd do the 2-12x IOR. looks a little like the regular 4x/6x scopes you get with them AND it goes all the way up to 12x with better class, better repeatability AND you get the best reticle in the world(IMO).

As for shortcomings of the rifle, I really don't think there are any. They do overheat, but so does the m110. Regardless of being semi-automatic, if you run some premier match grade ammo in 8mm through that rifle you should push 800 yards just as easily as the m110.

It's kind of like the dragunov, everyone keeps saying shortcomings, but we're beginning to find out the only shortcoming was the ammo available. The Wolf Super match or the Winchester 150gr rounds are yielding some VERY impressive groups.

Re: Decent optics replacement suggestions for M-76?

That's a great idea, but how do we overcome the mount issue? I wasn't under the impression that the mounting plate on M-76s would work with anything appropriate from the selection of over-the-bore mounts from outfits like Kalinka, etc., designed for the various Russian/Chinese/ex-COMBLOC DMRs.

(And yes, feel free to hate me, she's a beauty.)