• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deck is infested with bees, I need help.

The right thing to do - because bees are kind of necessary to nature, after all - is have a professional physically remove the bees first. If you are in a populated area (or even not) often you can track down a bee conservatory/charity/bee handler that'll do it for free or cheap (to take/save the bees).

Then you just spray the thing with a chemical that removes the "scent" and kills any remaining stragglers.

I had a problem with bees in a wall of home I bought in the past and had to remove the siding and outer wall, someone from a local bee charity came and collected all the bees for free, and then I foam insulated that area and all around it. Never had a problem ever since.
Carpenter bees, dude. Not honey bees.

Napalm is the answer….to pretty much everything that you can’t use CBUs on.

1651636370628.jpeg

And yes, gasoline turns wasps to stone immediately but think I’d use a sprayer rather than the shot glass technique.

I use a product called Tempo SC. I get it online or at my local tractor supply. I mix and spray all of my pole barn wood and overhangs and house. The number of paper wasps, mud daubers, and wood boring bees has drastically dropped.

Its about $75 per bottle but that lasts the entire year spraying every few months during the summer.

not a big fan of chemicals and pesticides. that carpenter bee trap posted earlier looks slick.

My father has the best method for getting rid of a bees nest. He takes a shop vac and puts it next to nest placing the hose near the opening. Fire it up and they fly out to attack it.
You suck up all the workers and all that's left is the nest with the queen and a few stragglers.
Have a bucket of soapy water handy, suck that up and leave it outside for the night. Make sure you remove your filter so you don't clog it up.
Repeat if needed.

My father has the best method for getting rid of a bees nest. He takes a shop vac and puts it next to nest placing the hose near the opening. Fire it up and they fly out to attack it.
You suck up all the workers and all that's left is the nest with the queen and a few stragglers.
Have a bucket of soapy water handy, suck that up and leave it outside for the night. Make sure you remove your filter so you don't clog it up.
Repeat if needed.
Or find a local beekeeper who would be more then happy to come trap, remove and relocate them to there bee yard. Pretty much a sin these days to kill wild honey bee hives imo. If near southern wv pm me and I’ll come get them.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
carpenter bees...ive done battle and won after several attempts and lots of money and finally a education about carpenter bees

have since passed this along dozens of times...always works

topically spraying the wood/material does nothing, they dont ingest the material they just chew it and make that nice pretty hole

putting dry poison in the whole may or may not work for limited time

spraying a liquid and hoping for the wood to absorb it so the eat it and die..nope

dust type products while they will kill them depending if they return will get washed away in the rain and after its exposed to moisture or sun the chemicals become less effective over time

they burrow in and then make a left and right hand turn, usually about 1" deep on the "warm side" of the wood

if you look around you will see holes straight through some boards...bees dont measure before the burrow so it the board was too thin they pop out before the "turn"

so, they keep going in and out of the same hole bringing nutrients to the new hive/unborn

when the new bees hatch they burrow out and now you have what looks like a 3" scrape about the size of your pinky finger

putting caulk, stones, wood dowels does absolutely noting because they are apparnetly like elephants

they remember where they were born so you have to kill several generations (several seasons) for them to finally vanish

the males do not sting only the females do, but the males will bump into you so they still scare the shit out people..im one lol

physically killing them with a racket (like i had) doesnt make a dent on the population

spraying them while on the flower bed doesnt make a dent in the population

during my battle after repainting, replacing, changing the type of wood, spraying, coating, calling exterminators...no money was spared as it was a very large expensive redwood swing set, the kids loved.

personally i was more afraid of the little kids running away from the big bastards and getting hurt falling off the set than the actual sting

so, after all that i bumped into a product called "bee grease" which is now off the market, pulled by the FDA because he was selling a product with out a license

but i make it myself and it truthfully life changing... no BS

permethrin and petroleum jelly in a big syringe

some of the dust products do work as they get between the hard shell joints and act like sand paper "ripping the bug apart"

permethrin is a poison..child safe which is what the wife was yelling about as i was poisoning the earth like Carthage at one point

and it stay where ou put it so just tell them not to touch the "slime" if you are paranoid

its what is used as lice treatment for kids and pets, it gets absorbed through the skin/shell of the bug

it gets mixed in the petroleum jelly and the jelly not only makes the poison stay put it also protects it from the weather

give a squeeze of the jelly about 1" not much is needed in the entrance

as they have to push through the jelly they have to get the material on their bodies, while pure surface dust may not always touch

walk outside a little while later and there will be a big buzzing bee on the ground...guaranteed

no shit...i had about 5 holes on both sides of the slide and i filled the holes on the way to work one day

i come back and there is a big dead or buzzing bee on the ground exactly below the hole

fill the holes before bed, next morning 4-5 more dead bees

i keep doing the cycle and every day there are more dead bees...it was insane the amount of bees i was killing

did that religiously for a few seasons .. literally there are no more carpenter bees...none

this guy used to sell it before it got pulled, hes a little strange but the results are what really happens

think im lying about how many other ideas i tried.. just think of how much searching i did to finally bump into to this video lol

since i told my exterminator, and they saw the results (actually 2) they now use it when there are carpenter bee problems for customers

carpenter bees...ive done battle and won after several attempts and lots of money and finally a education about carpenter bees

have since passed this along dozens of times...always works

topically spraying the wood/material does nothing, they dont ingest the material they just chew it and make that nice pretty hole

putting dry poison in the whole may or may not work for limited time

spraying a liquid and hoping for the wood to absorb it so the eat it and die..nope

dust type products while they will kill them depending if they return will get washed away in the rain and after its exposed to moisture or sun the chemicals become less effective over time

they burrow in and then make a left and right hand turn, usually about 1" deep on the "warm side" of the wood

if you look around you will see holes straight through some boards...bees dont measure before the burrow so it the board was too thin they pop out before the "turn"

so, they keep going in and out of the same hole bringing nutrients to the new hive/unborn

when the new bees hatch they burrow out and now you have what looks like a 3" scrape about the size of your pinky finger

putting caulk, stones, wood dowels does absolutely noting because they are apparnetly like elephants

they remember where they were born so you have to kill several generations (several seasons) for them to finally vanish

the males do not sting only the females do, but the males will bump into you so they still scare the shit out people..im one lol

physically killing them with a racket (like i had) doesnt make a dent on the population

spraying them while on the flower bed doesnt make a dent in the population

during my battle after repainting, replacing, changing the type of wood, spraying, coating, calling exterminators...no money was spared as it was a very large expensive redwood swing set, the kids loved.

personally i was more afraid of the little kids running away from the big bastards and getting hurt falling off the set than the actual sting

so, after all that i bumped into a product called "bee grease" which is now off the market, pulled by the FDA because he was selling a product with out a license

but i make it myself and it truthfully life changing... no BS

permethrin and petroleum jelly in a big syringe

some of the dust products do work as they get between the hard shell joints and act like sand paper "ripping the bug apart"

permethrin is a poison..child safe which is what the wife was yelling about as i was poisoning the earth like Carthage at one point

and it stay where ou put it so just tell them not to touch the "slime" if you are paranoid

its what is used as lice treatment for kids and pets, it gets absorbed through the skin/shell of the bug

it gets mixed in the petroleum jelly and the jelly not only makes the poison stay put it also protects it from the weather

give a squeeze of the jelly about 1" not much is needed in the entrance

as they have to push through the jelly they have to get the material on their bodies, while pure surface dust may not always touch

walk outside a little while later and there will be a big buzzing bee on the ground...guaranteed

no shit...i had about 5 holes on both sides of the slide and i filled the holes on the way to work one day

i come back and there is a big dead or buzzing bee on the ground exactly below the hole

fill the holes before bed, next morning 4-5 more dead bees

i keep doing the cycle and every day there are more dead bees...it was insane the amount of bees i was killing

did that religiously for a few seasons .. literally there are no more carpenter bees...none

this guy used to sell it before it got pulled, hes a little strange but the results are what really happens

think im lying about how many other ideas i tried.. just think of how much searching i did to finally bump into to this video lol

since i told my exterminator, and they saw the results (actually 2) they now use it when there are carpenter bee problems for customers

This sounds very promising, but I only have access to a handful of holes.

Reactions: Sleper
This sounds very promising, but I only have access to a handful of holes.
all joking aside..everything else i tried didnt work for shit lol

maybe pull up a few boards and slather as far as your arm can reach with a brush

the "grease" is cheap so you can just slap it everywhere

as said above , the traps may work for some but it didnt for me

im guessing because they knew the spot they hatched from and bypassed the traps?

all joking aside..everything else i tried didnt work for shit lol

maybe pull up a few boards and slather as far as your arm can reach with a brush

the "grease" is cheap so you can just slap it everywhere

as said above , the traps may work for some but it didnt for me

im guessing because they knew the spot they hatched from and bypassed the traps?
Most likely. I’ve also heard older traps that have been out for a season or so are better because they prefer the weathered wood.

Wait until the woodpeckers start really tearing up your deck going after the bee larvae. And yeah, isn't this your landlord's problem?
Well, if I suggested it was I’d have a bunch jumping down my throat. I’m willing to try to deal with the situation myself if it’s possible.

@Nepa1990, your renting, right? This sounds like you need to get your landlord to hire someone professionally to come fix it.

Reactions: Im2bent
Large shop vac.
We had 1/2 dozen bee infestation in AZ over 20 years.
Shop vac did the best job overall.
Set it up with a 10’ x 2” pipe so we didn’t get too close to the bees.
Took a couple of days but the few left in the hive were easy to wack.

I have some permitherin in a liquid form. So what ratio to vaseline?

Last edited:
What % permitherin are you using and at what ratio to the petroleum jelly?
I’ll triple check but it was slightly stringer then what’s on the market already. I’ll get back to you guys today hopefully early

If I remember the fda said “you are” selling with out a agriculture permit and it was like 1% over limits nothing crazy concentration wise.

It’s not white paste it’s still looks like vasoline.

Personally because the powder is kind of cheap I prob waste a lot lol

@Lawless
not sure about the liquid…in theory it should work but from a chemical standpoint in my business liquid vitamins drop in potency is much faster even when in proper solution.

Sunlight is real hard on chemicals…that’s why the liquid scrips are in still brown bottles

I have some permitherin in a liquid form. So what ratio to vaseline?
permethrin "active ingredient"
EPA laws .5 -2%
so this guy was prob at 4-5 max

just found this for liquid:

"It's really easy to make. Get a big container of vasoline. Slowly melt it on a hot plate (no open flame). Once melted add about 2 Tbsp of liquid permetherin and stir. While still a liquid fill large 60 cc syringes available from Amazon and let them cool. I make a batch every few years for myself and some friends."

Reactions: Lawless
EPA laws .5 -2%

"It's really easy to make. Get a big container of vasoline. Slowly melt it on a hot plate (no open flame). Once melted add about 2 Tbsp of liquid permetherin and stir. While still a liquid fill large 60 cc syringes available from Amazon and let them cool. I make a batch every few years for myself and some friends."
Awesome. Will try and compare to Delta.

EPA laws .5 -2%

If you were using 1% , then here is the napalm version 37%