• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a name for a rifle action company. Help me and win.

I would like to see a natural theme;

1) short action- Lightning

2) long action- Thunder

3) cold weather line- Blizzard

and so on, tornado, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, volcano, ...

Here are a few names that came to mind:

How about

1) Action Precision
2) Action Precision Arms
3) Action Precision Tactical Arms
4) Specialized Precision Actions

Heres my suggestions

I like the First ones because of the abbreviation = DEAD

Directed Energy Accuracy Devices
Directed Energy Accelerator Devices

Directed Energy Devices
Directed Energy Instruments
Precision Directed Energy Devices
Precision Directed Energy Instruments

Last edited:
Canton Fly Ordinance (Canton - Top quarter of the flag & Fly - Main body of the flag)
American Allegiance Arms
John Rambo Defense

P.A.R. Precision Action Rifles

PAR Precision Action Receiver short action
Eagle Long action
We do not do sub P.A.R Rifles

Last edited:
You are stealing my idea. =P

Great mind think a like.

I thought it sounded good. To me it sounds American and Patriotic. It also sets the tone for the quality of the product.
It shouldn't be too hard thinking of some rifle names to go with it.
The logo could even have a gold in lay.

Daedalus Arms or something with Daedalus
In Greek mythology, Daedalus /di:dəlɪs/ or /dɛdəlɪs/ (Ancient Greek: Δαίδαλος or Daedalos, meaning "clever worker"; Latin: Daedalus; Etruscan: Taitale) was a skillful craftsman and artisan.

Obama nation

He is the worlds greatest gun salesman

models could be
banned
restricted
assault

Oh! Oh! "Military Only Hollowpoint"- belongs in the hands of soldiers, not criminals ( cuz, ya know, those are the only two options)

Bad Ass Guns!!
Bad Ass Actions
bad Ass Arms

You know you want one.

Last edited:
I've been reading (and occasionally contributing) to this topic for some time now. I finally realized that a key point here is less about making a catchy statement than it is about attracting customers.

We (mostly) are not the customers, rifle builders are. The message they are seeking from the roll stamping (or whatever) that appears on the receiver is one that will help reassure their customers that what they are holding is a prime example of excellence.

QAA (Quality Assured Armaments); Assurance 700 (the flagship offering), Epitome 700, Pinnacle 700, Top Gun 700, etc. make for a good start on the model name hunt.

AAA ( 'triple A') Assured (Assurance?) Armaments Actions, and names starting with 'A' are usually at the top of most lists, and multiple 'A's are at the top of the 'A' List....); similar model names, etc.

QED (Quality Engineering and Development, or quod erat demonstrandum, meaning "which had to be demonstrated". ); same-same.

QfQ (Quality from Quality); self explanatory.

If the name doesn't sell itself to both of the customers (the builder and the shooter), it's not helping.

Also, when a company name includes words like 'Quality' and 'Assurance', it has to meet a higher standard. Buyers will be expecting this, and will know that all involved will have to meet it. Public advertising would do well to acknowledge this, and such acknowledgement can go some ways to bolster the action makers customers' (the builders') reputations. Delivering each action to the builder with a gentle written admonition that the action maker's reputation depends on the builder's diligence as well can help this admonition come true for both parties. They could even pass that written admonition on to the shooter as a sign of their own diligence.

For example "Our customers are building quality from quality, providing the American Shooter with a rifle that does the Constitution and Second Amendment proud. Look for the AAA (or QED, etc.) on the action". Make it a policy that wherever the Company name appears, it is always followed by the phrase "Quality from Quality, crafted with respect for both the Customer and the Second Amendment. Your actions are all we build, and everything we build.".

Greg

Last edited:
CQA - Customer Quality Assurance, Custom Quality Actions
Project Icarus

Last edited:
"AXE RIFLE WORKS"
On the cutting edge of rifle precision!!!
Hitting the "X" is in our actions.
can come up with tons of slogans

action names ;
Hatchet
Tomahawk
broad Axe.......on and on!!!!

Don't know if it was ever copyrighted but,

"Big Johnson Firearms" sounds good, maybe a little juvenile

L/A could be the Big Johnson and the S/A could be,,,, The Little Johnson

Tag line; No matter where you are, range , match, or family gathering, when you pull out your Johnson it's sure to draw a crowd.

Last edited:
Don't know if it was ever copyrighted but,

"Big Johnson Firearms" sounds good, maybe a little juvenile

L/A could be the Big Johnson and the S/A could be,,,, The Little Johnson

Lifestyles, maybe? An African-American friend of mine says they're too tight.;)

Meticulous Action and Rifle - M.A.R.
Meticulous Action Forge - M.A.F.
Exacting Master Actions - E.M.A

Adamantium Actions

OmegaForge

Talon actions - rifles come in raptor names like Hawk, Eagle, Falcon, etc

hmmm, tough thing to come up with, good names are taken. Good luck though.
I'm thinking...
"Global Precision Actions"
"Global Precision Rifles"
"True Precision Actions"
"True Precision Rifles"
"Ultra Precision Actions"
"Ultra Precision Rifles"

I'm hoping you go global so I can get a hold of your actions here in the ass end.. I mean Australia.

Last edited:
How about:

Regal Precision Actions
Regal Precision Arms
Regal Tactical Precision
Thanks for this opportunity

Chris

MOA Factory, (Advanced) Precision Specialties, X Ring Actions, (Advanced) Shooting Solutions, (Advanced) Precision Platforms

Last edited:
New World Rifle Works

You could have several lines "Founder" series of tactical rifles, different designs named after different founders. "Explorer" series named after great American explorers (more of a light weight hunter type rifle), and maybe "Honor Guard" series of super high end customs named after great American heroes.

IMO all the Latin/Mythologial type themes are already taken and/or overdone.

Sorry , I'm a nerd.

GeoLogic Engineering (any number of ways to dress up for marketability, but a geological take on it)

Some interesting Geological German translations of it, too. German names also lend themselves well to engineering firms as German products are assumed to be manufactured to anal standards.

Tüftig Engineering

Action names:

Granite Series - 338, 50 BMG, Cheytacs, etc
Slate Series - Competition bench rest short and long actions
Obsidian Series - Tactical short and long actions/finishes
Sandstone Series - rimfire
Quartz Series - Competition rimfire

Geological spin for a company name works in regards to formation and stability at enormous pressure, durability, etc. IT also nicely transitions to global presence, initial perceived longevity and strength of product when viewed from a marketing perspective.... And who wouldn't want a tactical action in black engraved with "Obsidian" spelled with a stylized O that is also the company's emblem.

It would be helpful to know your price point and target audience (obviously shooters, but which group/sect?) and your projected volume. I am assuming since you are posting this on snipers hide you are after tactical shooters, but I hate to make assumptions. Price point does not translate to affluence regarding customers all the time, but it can alter the perception of your product. A lot of people would look upon someone with a Choate super sniper stock at a competition questioningly, until that person kicks their $2500 chassis ass. Bell and Carlson has that sweet spot of "its cheaper than the manners and Mcmillan and gets the job done role" In the stratification of your market competition, where do you intend to be as it would change my answer from that above. High end, I will stick with my previous answer.

Last edited:
How about Avant Guard

A little twist on the term for innovation, modernism and artistry.

- Rifle Action Company -
- RACO -​

Last edited: