• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Deer v coyote hunting ethics

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    One cause untold deaths/injuries/disease and millions or billions in property damages. The other eats a few cars and dogs

Why is one treated like a majestical creature due every bit of respect and ethical hunting treatment.

And the other one people laugh about purposely gut shooting or taking shots way out of their capability.

I don't understand that at all. Deer are just long legged rats that carry disease

Never saw a deer eating a baby calf halfway out of the cow during birth.
    Deer you shoot to eat, yotes you shoot because they are like rats.
    Never seen a coyote total a car or eat a couple million in crops either.

In some areas coyotes leave livestock alone.

Deer are much more comparable to a rat than coyotes.

I agree.
    On Long Island we are so overpopulated with deer its a road hazard.
    Hunting laws and population density don’t let us kill them quick enough.
    And every time a committee gets together to do something the hippies come out and screw it up.
    Be a shame for them to catch lymes or Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Or the lone star tick that makes you allergic to beef and pork.
    And have their gardens and cars destroyed

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    When furs were still worth something, coyotes were nowhere near the problem they are these days. Deer are overpopulated in area's where minimal hunting and / or restrictive hunting regulations exist. People against hunting, have no problem with the DNR coming into their neighborhoods to shoot deer that eat their flowers.

It's a mute point because nature is correcting overpopulation with disease.

Last edited:
    I'm an "Equal Opportunity" shooter/hunter. I shoot coyotes, because they kill my deer, and I shoot deer for food. I believe in Herd Management of all species. Sometimes I think we need a little better/more Human Management, you know, keep the herd healthy and thinned out?? Just kid'n!! Mac:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
    I agree.
    On Long Island we are so overpopulated with deer its a road hazard.
    Hunting laws and population density don’t let us kill them quick enough.
    And every time a committee gets together to do something the hippies come out and screw it up.

That is the reason why I fucking hate envirofreaks on the same level as child rapists. These fuckers are the main cause of the devolution of human society.

Staten Island is also suffering from an almost overwhelming population explosion of deer. Instead of allowing hunters to do their thing, coupled with Hunters Feeding the Hungry programs which would be a win-win for everyone, the city has spent millions of taxpayer dollars on spaying and neutering and contraceptive bait cubes which are doing jack shit. Meanwhile hundreds of tons of delicious meat are just wandering about being a tremendous headache for homeowners and drivers.

I'll have a celebratory Coke every time an envirofuckstain "activist" dies or are permanently disfigured/mangled when they are out there hugging trees or wild animals.

That is the reason why I fucking hate envirofreaks on the same level as child rapists. These fuckers are the main cause of the devolution of human society.

Staten Island is also suffering from an almost overwhelming population explosion of deer. Instead of allowing hunters to do their thing, coupled with Hunters Feeding the Hungry programs which would be a win-win for everyone, the city has spent millions of taxpayer dollars on spaying and neutering and contraceptive bait cubes which are doing jack shit. Meanwhile hundreds of tons of delicious meat are just wandering about being a tremendous headache for homeowners and drivers.

I'll have a celebratory Coke every time an envirofuckstain "activist" dies or are permanently disfigured/mangled when they are out there hugging trees or wild animals.
    .gov steals your money and pays people to keep you from shooting deer on your own property. Then they steal more of your money to pay other people to shoot the deer. Or do lol spray and neuter.

Oh I bet they kill mountain lions/coyotes et al with a quickness if they show up.

And when nature try's to fix the overpopulation with blue tongue or CWD, they have mass kills to contain it.

.gov f***s up everything they touch. Everything.

Deer and Coyotes are opposite sides of the food chain. One is a predator and one is not. You cant hold deer accountable for not doing predatory things. You cant hold a coyote accountable for doing things deer do.

Shoot both

Reactions: TACC
    I must say that coyote are way more fun
    20190116_084313 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
    In the SE, deer are native and yotes are an invasive species. That makes a difference to me. I have no problem with taking deer to reduce crop damage and I think it's bullshit that you have to ask the State for permission. Yotes? I'll kill a cub at it's den and gas it just in case there's more in there. If it were legal, I'd do the same to the fox hunters that brought them here.

In the SE, deer are native and yotes are an invasive species. That makes a difference to me. I have no problem with taking deer to reduce crop damage and I think it's bullshit that you have to ask the State for permission. Yotes? I'll kill a cub at it's den and gas it just in case there's more in there. If it were legal, I'd do the same to the fox hunters that brought them here.

giphy (1).gif

Who said a yote won't total a car?

You are just being a gall damn retard now.
    You are purposely trying to stir shit. Bunny huggers are the fucking reason we have rabies, Lyme's, Rocky mt spotted, etc, ad nauseum.
    They are the fucking reason their bushes keep getting eaten, AND their jack Russel's keep getting eaten.
    Fuck a coyote, and all their brutal ways. You do know coyotes have grabbed children right? And will when conditions are right.
    I hate to see any animal suffer, including a coyote. If it's risky, whether I'll get a clean shot on a coyote, the greater evil is to let that son of a bitch live at any cost.

You are purposely trying to stir shit. Bunny huggers are the fucking reason we have rabies, Lyme's, Rocky mt spotted, etc, ad nauseum.
    They are the fucking reason their bushes keep getting eaten, AND their jack Russel's keep getting eaten.
    Fuck a coyote, and all their brutal ways. You do know coyotes have grabbed children right? And will when conditions are right.
    I hate to see any animal suffer, including a coyote. If it's risky, whether I'll get a clean shot on a coyote, the greater evil is to let that son of a bitch live at any cost.
    Some people feel the same way about deer.

And deer cause magnitudes greater economic and health damage v wile coyote

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    So many places with a deer population problems and coyotes. Seems likely coyotes don't eat many deer.

With the somewhat under the radar spread of CWD, we may end up eating coyotes instead of deer.

Invasive species are the savior of the world, something has to repopulate after a cataclysm.

It's amazing the disparity that the rest of the country seems to have on deer compared to our area. I may, or may not know, more than a few people in our area that kill more deer a year than anyone on here kills coyotes. Probably more than a lot of people kill hogs. There's still a massive problem. It's hard for most people who aren't from around here to get a grasp of just how much damage they do and how many there are. To top it off, this state doesn't want any production ag operating within its borders and wants to see it all converted to pleasure ag and ag tourism in the next decade or two. Between the state government, deer and the damn bay we don't stand much of a chance.

Reactions: deersniper
    So many places with a deer population problems and coyotes. Seems likely coyotes don't eat many deer.

With the somewhat under the radar spread of CWD, we may end up eating coyotes instead of deer.

Invasive species are the savior of the world, something has to repopulate after a cataclysm.
    Every little bit helps. They probably kill more than all the worthless hunters that either
    a: only shoot giant bucks or
    b: are lazy idiots that would shoot any dee they see but drive trucks and atvs all over the place and never see any deer.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Reactions: Jgunner
    Well you live in Maryland so.....
    Your ratio of bunny huggers to bunnies is way out of balance.

This is why we shit bricks down here when people head south accross the Mason Dixon with a fargin UHaul.
    I've not seen a carpetbagger yet that would let anyone hunt their land. "Leave the animals alone!"
    Which goes back to my comments about dirty birds who shit their nest.

Every little bit helps. They probably kill more than all the worthless hunters that either
    a: only shoot giant bucks or
    b: are lazy idiots that would shoot any dee they see but drive trucks and atvs all over the place and never see any deer.

View attachment 7119123View attachment 7119124View attachment 7119125View attachment 7119126View attachment 7119127View attachment 7119128

C. Are only allowed 1 deer per season, and can only draw a tag every other year.

High infant mortality rates are normal in wild animals. Its funny coyotes killing fawns is so often brought up as negative and abnormal. Its the Fudds that can't find a deer, that think we need more. :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe coyotes are invasive to the SE. I believe they were slower to repopulate those areas than the deer were. Good comparison of deer to rat. I hear rats are pretty tasty too. :LOL:

People need to be allowed to take way more deer all over the country. The way nature controls over population is very cruel. I hope we are not getting ready to watch how its done, but I am afraid CWD is going school us on it.

.gov steals your money and pays people to keep you from shooting deer on your own property. Then they steal more of your money to pay other people to shoot the deer. Or do lol spray and neuter.

Oh I bet they kill mountain lions/coyotes et al with a quickness if they show up.

And when nature try's to fix the overpopulation with blue tongue or CWD, they have mass kills to contain it.

.gov f***s up everything they touch. Everything.

I have made more than several highly drunken proclamations at my local watering holes that I should just simply bow-shoot some of these tasty mofo's when I am passing through and have my venison regardless. Nobody hears nothin', that means there ain't nothin'.

Leftist parasites are not "saving" the environment. They are creating ecological disasters. May fuck be upon any asswipe that voted them into government too.

I hunt coyotes up here for fur. I try and make a very small (.172) hole that ideally doesn’t exit. I often have chickens and boys running around so if I can’t keep em under control on my property bordering blm land then I will have to get more aggressive and ruin the fur. If possible a coyote deserves a clean kill. Just like a enemy combatant.. unless he specifically asked for it, there’s no reason not to give him a clean kill when conditions permit.
    On the deer, I have to go to islands up here to find deer, but moose are as bad here as deer are other places.. no fun to hit in a car either. If I take one out of season up here I could get in more trouble than if I killed a person. That’s not right. Animals were given to us by God not given to the gov by God. Your obligation to provide for your family comes before mans jaded laws. Be smart, be safe, don’t waste unnecessarily. If your shooting coyotes for fun, try for a harder shot. Go for a headshot. Or use em to try some different bullets on? Anyone can kill a coyote with a gut shot from a 6.5 creedmore, but you want bragging rights? Take one with a air rifle..

Ahhhh. Did a coyote total your rainbow painted Prius? :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

• Haha
    Reactions: 10ring'r
    I used to hear about natives making a blood popsicle over a knife, and sticking the handle in the snow. Wolf would lick, tongue gets numb, knife cuts and they bleed out. Should work for coyotes too? And you’d be left with a nice pelt and less mess..

I used to hear about natives making a blood popsicle over a knife, and sticking the handle in the snow. Wolf would lick, tongue gets numb, knife cuts and they bleed out. Should work for coyotes too? And you’d be left with a nice pelt and less mess..
    Large treble hook tied up high enough they have to stand on their hind legs to get it. Not what most would consider ethical though.

A lot of folks around here cover foam packing peanuts with bacon grease. Stops them up. I won’t do it because it’s not selective enough.

Once you shoot a deer the work starts, shoot a yote and let them lay.

We blister any yote on the leases, much more than what I shoot but a 30/06 will split one open pretty good.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    I've hit them with a 6.8 and 6.5 creedmoor but that 30/06 did a number on him. A light bullet 300wm would be fun.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Large treble hook tied up high enough they have to stand on their hind legs to get it. Not what most would consider ethical though.
    I’ve heard of that one. I tried to find out if that’s even legal up here and got 3 different answers from 3 different wardens, same as air rifles.

When we eradicated the Wolves and other Predators, we failed to comprehend that prey animal hunting is not all just about sport or about the venison.

Largely, it's about maintaining the natural checks and balances that keep our environment productive for both animals and man. We disrupted that, and we are legitimately obligated to provide alternative checks and balances preventing prey animal overpopulation and massive agricultural depredation.

It's our job, and every time the do-gooder ecofreaks impose another SJW-for-the-game-species hunting restriction, they are confounding the balances between nature and man. They are not people, they are not pets; and the less we do to upset the balances, the better.

The Eco-Bozos need to put their bleeding hearts and rose colored glasses up on the shelf, sit back, read a book; and leave the culling to the folks who actually have to do it. What the Eco-Bozos are actually doing is condemning thousands of deer, in NY State alone, to a lingering death from starvation and freezing weather each and every Winter.

They are the true monsters in the Deers' life cycle.

Back when I lived in Central NY, just one local highway alone accounted for roughly four hundred roadkill Deer each year. It ran right in front of my home. That translated into a ton of cash in automotive and property damage, sometimes with human injury, with each and every one. You and I pay for that damage every time we pay our car insurance premium; and that doesn't even begin to deal with crop damage, Deer borne disease, and other species attrition due to habitat destruction by the Deer.

When we cavalierly shoot a predator for (being diplomatic about it), "the spirit of the hunt"; we're not doing anyone, ourselves included, any favors. Shoot them, don't shoot them, it's up to each one of us; but I won't.

On principle; I will not shoot a Predator unless a human or pet's life is at direct risk. We need them. People who let their pets run free without supervision deserve the fate that follows; their pets don't.

We had animals like Red Wolves (Grey Wolf cross w/ Coyote)/Coywolves, and Coydogs (Domestic Dog cross w/Coyote) in Central NY, and they're spreading. They were both big, some bigger than a healthy GSD. They were hazards, abominations, and some (at least the Coydogs) were the direct result of human irresponsibility, letting their dogs run loose.

We had a pack of these "somethings" charge right through us on our deer drive one morning, following a blood trail we were tracking.

Still, abominations that they are, nuisances they may be to us hunters; if they help control the deer, we need them.

Get it straight; the Coyotes aren't the problem, the city-stupid do-gooders are...

Greg

Last edited:
    Not trying to change subject by much, but last year on a two-lane county road, a woman w/kids, hit a doe with her Dodge Journey. So I stopped and offered assistance. The doe was thrashing around and making a god awful racket, I was carrying, so I put it out of it's misery. Mom and kids were not happy with me, even though it was out of view of the kids, the kids knew what was happening. S.O. arrived about 25 minutes later and mom just had to tell her I had shot the deer, and you know what? She was going to write a "Discharging a firearm" ticket! I didn't believe how hard I had to talk to her about putting that deer down, but finally I went on my merry way and was so glad I stopped! It's just freaking amazing how people would rather see something suffer, then to do the right thing.
    Mac:(

Last edited:
    Not trying to change subject by much, but last year on a two-lane county road, a woman w/kids, hit a doe with her Dodge Journey. So I stopped and offered assistance. The doe was thrashing around and making a god awful racket, I was carrying, so I put it out of it's misery. Mom and kids were not happy with me, even though it was out of view of the kids, the kids knew what was happening. S.O. arrived about 25 minutes later and mom just had to tell her I had shot the deer, and you know what? She was going to write a "Discharging a firearm" ticket! I didn't believe how hard I had to talk to her about putting that deer down, but finally I went on my merry way and was so glad I stopped! It's just freaking amazing how people would rather see something suffer, then to do the right thing. Mac:(
    And that’s why we shouldn’t have women Leo...

One cause untold deaths/injuries/disease and millions or billions in property damages. The other eats a few cars and dogs

Why is one treated like a majestical creature due every bit of respect and ethical hunting treatment.

And the other one people laugh about purposely gut shooting or taking shots way out of their capability.

I don't understand that at all. Deer are just long legged rats that carry disease
    -
    there is a difference ( Dear and Coyote ) and it called money-$$$
    here in Oregon Dear population is just a source of state Revenue to ' Over Mismanage ' with Rules , Reg's, Tags., Lic. fee's, agricultural tags, multiple divided units of state controlled land ...etc. , looked over by a huge bureaucratic dept. called fish and wildlife they have to support.
    Oregon State can't make money with Coyote population, they can only project an illusion of control and management by putting rules how and when and where you are allowed to shoot them .

Not trying to change subject by much, but last year on a two-lane county road, a woman w/kids, hit a doe with her Dodge Journey. So I stopped and offered assistance. The doe was thrashing around and making a god awful racket, I was carrying, so I put it out of it's misery. Mom and kids were not happy with me, even though it was out of view of the kids, the kids knew what was happening. S.O. arrived about 25 minutes later and mom just had to tell her I had shot the deer, and you know what? She was going to write a "Discharging a firearm" ticket! I didn't believe how hard I had to talk to her about putting that deer down, but finally I went on my merry way and was so glad I stopped! It's just freaking amazing how people would rather see something suffer, then to do the right thing.
    Mac:(
    Several yrs back a buddy and I were shooting in his pasture. A friend's son (young boy) comes along and tells us about his friend down the Rd that was acting like a dumbass and accidentally hits a horse with a hay spear, then shoots it and it's still alive. Buddy says let's do the right thing and go put it down. I tell him I won't go and right and wrong ain't got a damn thing to do with the law and what they might do. Gov has ruined right/wrong equation.

No. It's the first one I grabbed this morning. Just got back from playing poker and Pallet-o-Shit store, noticed Cornhole was trying to besmirchify my maskerlinear.
    You know, I’d drive a Prius if someone gave it to me... right up to my off grid house and plug it in. I’d call it my mobile battery bank.

I hunt coyotes up here for fur. I try and make a very small (.172) hole that ideally doesn’t exit. I often have chickens and boys running around so if I can’t keep em under control on my property bordering blm land then I will have to get more aggressive and ruin the fur. If possible a coyote deserves a clean kill. Just like a enemy combatant.. unless he specifically asked for it, there’s no reason not to give him a clean kill when conditions permit.
    On the deer, I have to go to islands up here to find deer, but moose are as bad here as deer are other places.. no fun to hit in a car either. If I take one out of season up here I could get in more trouble than if I killed a person. That’s not right. Animals were given to us by God not given to the gov by God. Your obligation to provide for your family comes before mans jaded laws. Be smart, be safe, don’t waste unnecessarily. If your shooting coyotes for fun, try for a harder shot. Go for a headshot. Or use em to try some different bullets on? Anyone can kill a coyote with a gut shot from a 6.5 creedmore, but you want bragging rights? Take one with a air rifle..

A .177 pushing 1200+FPS out of those new model break-barrel Gamo's, right to the head will kill a lot of things dead. At least those are the velocities advertised in the Cabelas catalogs. Diesel that shit with a spritz of WD-40, you can get 1400+FPS. Though I heard that is quite rough on the barrel...