• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Ruckus

So flat out. If you had to pick one. Deviant tactical or ruckus?

Ruckus IMO. It's basically deviant but with tolerance a guarantee for shouldered prefits. For all intensive purposes i would think that it is the new deviant and don't really see a reason to buy a deviant now honestly. I could be wrong in that regard but you can get the ruckus in most configurations as the deviant minus a 3 position safety, claw extractor, and the elite config according to the website.

I was actually dead set on a tenacity LA and getting it DLCd for the 300 PRC build but am now thinking a Ruckus in GA hunter or ultralite is the way to go just because i can have it nitrided from the get go. Rather than spending $400+ to have it DLCd/polished.

Reactions: Patriots1884
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like only the bolt handle is different between the two?

Ruckus. I love my Deviant, but can get all the features I need in the Rukus (including left bolt/right eject) for the shooting I do--PRS/NRL. I save a little money and can now do shouldered prefits..i.e I don't need to send my action in each time I use a new gunsmith. So I ordered a Rukus about a month ago...

ZY

Ruckus. I love my Deviant, but can get all the features I need in the Rukus (including left bolt/right eject) for the shooting I do--PRS/NRL. I save a little money and can now do shouldered prefits..i.e I don't need to send my action in each time I use a new gunsmith. So I ordered a Rukus about a month ago...

ZY
Why do you run lbrp for prs?

Last edited:
Ruckus IMO. It's basically deviant but with tolerance a guarantee for shouldered prefits. For all intensive purposes i would think that it is the new deviant and don't really see a reason to buy a deviant now honestly. I could be wrong in that regard but you can get the ruckus in most configurations as the deviant minus a 3 position safety, claw extractor, and the elite config according to the website.

I was actually dead set on a tenacity LA and getting it DLCd for the 300 PRC build but am now thinking a Ruckus in GA hunter or ultralite is the way to go just because i can have it nitrided from the get go. Rather than spending $400+ to have it DLCd/polished.

Nitrided Ruckus GA Hunter with hollowed out tear drop handle.... talking with Cody I think it will weigh under 28 ounces for a medium action.

Reactions: 5RWill

The Deviant stll has a few more available options than the Ruckus, but for most the Ruckus has everything they want.

I was pretty impressed with ruckus at shot.

It’s on the list for possible future builds. Price is good for the features when compared to competition.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Why do you run lbrp for prs?

Ha ha....without derailing the thread, but another reason I like Defiance.

I shot a right handed rifle left handed for 25 years--long gun is only thing I do left handed. When I started doing long range comps about 4-5 years ago, I switched to a left hand Deviant. As I was talking with Norm during the order, he told me they could do lbrp. With the port visible on a RH rifle, I got so used to being able to see what was going, clear a mag issue, single load, etc, I went with it. I like it a lot.

I do know there is potentially additional risk with the port by my face, but I had been doing that way for 25 years....so I guess I accepted the risk. But I also don't think its a huge advantage...more of a personal preference. Kind of like LSW on a scope....

And I ALWAYS shoot with glasses....
ZY

Last edited:
@Defiance Machine could you elaborate on the differences between the deviant and ruckus bolt handles? It’s visually apparent they differ, I would just like to know how.
thanks

The deviant has a long traditional one piece handle with the bolt knob being threaded on the very end, but the Ruckus has what's really a stem that screws onto the bolt. It's just as strong as the traditional style, but it allows us to machine it all on one machining center, and involves less waste as it uses a smaller piece of bar stock that doesn't have to undergo other steps that are required with the longer traditional handle style.

The deviant has a long traditional one piece handle with the bolt knob being threaded on the very end, but the Ruckus has what's really a stem that screws onto the bolt. It's just as strong as the traditional style, but it allows us to machine it all on one machining center, and involves less waste as it uses a smaller piece of bar stock that doesn't have to undergo other steps that are required with the longer traditional handle style.
Thanks for clearing that up. This whole product line is pretty awesome.

Reactions: Defiance Machine
Are the bolts interchangeable between those two receivers?

Reactions: Earnhardt
Yes, however, at the moment we cannot guarantee the headspace between Deviant and the Ruckus will be the same.
Is it possible that a Defiance Deviant could headspace correctly to a Ruckus pre-fit? Assuming the Deviant fell into the headspace tolerance of a Ruckus just by chance? Or is this just not even a possibility at all? Thanks

Is it possible that a Defiance Deviant could headspace correctly to a Ruckus pre-fit? Assuming the Deviant fell into the headspace tolerance of a Ruckus just by chance? Or is this just not even a possibility at all? Thanks

You can have a smith measure your Deviant action up, then measure a prefit up, and they can best answer that.

all built up and ready. Chambered in 6 dasher.
6FF680E8-9F5C-45FE-BF59-531CD1BA8750.jpeg

Does anybody have any comparisons to running this action compared to the Impact 737? I am debating between a nitrated Ruckus and the Impact!

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman
I need some helps with my Ruckus. Do everyone have their Ruckus come with recessed bolt head? Mine comes with a flat bolt head, and it doesn’t work with PVA prefit barrel. Do I need to specify what kind of bolt head I want when I order?
Thanks
9496CC48-705F-45BA-A00A-EB69259D2C92.jpeg
47BB8DB3-0A53-4C3F-8012-AC2BEF628505.jpeg

I need some helps with my Ruckus. Do everyone have their Ruckus come with recessed bolt head? Mine comes with a flat bolt head, and it doesn’t work with PVA prefit barrel. Do I need to specify what kind of bolt head I want when I order?
Thanks
View attachment 7373807View attachment 7373804
Is that a magnum bolt face? I’m sure defiance will answer this question.

Reactions: Zane777
Thanks
View attachment 7373807View attachment 7373804

When you order the action, you specify what bolt face you want? so REM (recessed), or flat, cone, etc

Is that a magnum bolt face? I’m sure defiance will answer this question.
It is a magnum bolt face. The bolt face is correct about the shape of bolt nose is not quite right. The one I got (I believe is a flat bolt nose) didn’t work with prefit barrel that I ordered. Defiance is trying to find the best way to help me out.

When you order the action, you specify what bolt face you want? so REM (recessed), or flat, cone, etc
Thanks, that is good to know!
I am in Canada, and this is the first Defiance for me. I didn’t know there are actually different bolt nose choices. I ordered it from one of their retailers in Canada and I had specified that I want it to work with prefit barrel with this action.
The retailer is working with Defiance now to help me.

Thanks, that is good to know!
I am in Canada, and this is the first Defiance for me. I didn’t know there are actually different bolt nose choices. I ordered it from one of their retailers in Canada and I had specified that I want it to work with prefit barrel with this action.
The retailer is working with Defiance now to help me.

No worries Defiance is a "top shelf" company, I'm sure they will make it right, BTW sold you the action in Canada?

No worries Defiance is a "top shelf" company, I'm sure they will make it right, BTW sold you the action in Canada?
Defiance’s customer service is good! They sent me PM to offer the help right away. However I can’t simply ship it to them to make a swap.
I got it from Go Big Tactical in Canada. Tom is really good to work with. I told him this morning that I might be get a wrong bolt. He contacted Defiance right away to make it right.

Reactions: Defiance Machine
GBT can be "hit & miss" , but I'm sure Defiance will fix it if they can. Good Luck

Reactions: cutarm
GBT can be "hit & miss" , but I'm sure Defiance will fix it if they can. Good Luck
Just out of curiosity, is this based on personal experience? Haven't bought a whole lot from him personally, but I have noticed he carries a lot of products I'm interested in. Buy all my brass, bullets, dies etc from Brent at Neerlandia Coop but he doesn't carry much for rifle components.

Just out of curiosity, is this based on personal experience? Haven't bought a whole lot from him personally, but I have noticed he carries a lot of products I'm interested in. Buy all my brass, bullets, dies etc from Brent at Neerlandia Coop but he doesn't carry much for rifle components.

For me it was a "miss".

Reactions: cutarm
Good to know. Might have to see who else carries MPA parts
Go Big Tactical is pretty good to my experience. The customer service is very good. You definitely can give Tom a call. He would love to help you with MPA chassis.

Anyone else spun a Proof Prefit on a Ruckus yet? Just got a 300wm Proof prefit and Ruckus in and measuring long on the headspace. Closes on go gauge (.220), nogo gauge (.223) and go gauge with masking tape (~.2248). Does not close on Field (.226). All Forster and measured accurate with mitutoyo caliper. Torqued to 85ftlbs. Was hoping this was going to be spin on and go but guess I might have to drop it off to get the shoulder bumped just a hair. Emailed proof to see what they expect to measure.

She's a pretty one at least.

Defiance%20Ruckus%20300WM%20-1.jpg

edit: Proof's Response - " SAAMI spec is .220-.227 ... .226 gage does not go so should be fine."
I usually don't like a brand new barrel closing on a nogo.

Last edited:
‘My Proof barrels say do not exceed 65 foot pounds.

This could be a factor.

My proof barrel didn't come with any torque values in the manual or on the barrel. Can't imagine a magnum only being torqued 65 or how a higher torque value could cause additional headspace. I have seen a maximum on AR pin indexed Proof barrels. Proof didn't say there was any issue with 85ftlbs.
Photo Aug 13, 12 54 53 AM.jpg

Last edited:
@Defiance Machine A bit of a thread necro, but asking the same question for the AntiX:

@Defiance Machine

Do the new Ruckus and Tenacity (2.0) share the same dimensions regarding headspace?
Basically, will a Ruckus prefit barrel work with a Tenacity (2.0) action?

Looking at a couple Proof prefit barrels but want to use the AntiX vs. the Ruckus advertised on Proof’s site. Happy to send it out to an actual gun smith if required, but really want to assemble this one myself.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Reactions: TACC
Anyone else spun a Proof Prefit on a Ruckus yet? Just got a 300wm Proof prefit and Ruckus in and measuring long on the headspace. Closes on go gauge (.220), nogo gauge (.223) and go gauge with masking tape (~.2248). Does not close on Field (.226). All Forster and measured accurate with mitutoyo caliper. Torqued to 85ftlbs. Was hoping this was going to be spin on and go but guess I might have to drop it off to get the shoulder bumped just a hair. Emailed proof to see what they expect to measure.

She's a pretty one at least.

Defiance%20Ruckus%20300WM%20-1.jpg

edit: Proof's Response - " SAAMI spec is .220-.227 ... .226 gage does not go so should be fine."
I usually don't like a brand new barrel closing on a nogo.

That’s beautiful…. What stock?

@Defiance Machine A bit of a thread necro, but asking the same question for the AntiX:

Looking at a couple Proof prefit barrels but want to use the AntiX vs. the Ruckus advertised on Proof’s site. Happy to send it out to an actual gun smith if required, but really want to assemble this one myself.

The answer is yes.

Foundation stock.

Reactions: 91Eunozs

Yes, the Ruckus prefit should also work with the anTi X.

Reactions: 91Eunozs