• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Del-ton uppers ?

cjmac1988

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2013
so im looking at a few del-ton uppers , the 20 inch . Thay are only 1 in 9 twist and some of them up can get crome lined barrels. ... so , are the crome lined barrels any less accurate than a standard barrel? Also this will be a target gun with iron sights and what i gather that a F marked front sight is long range . I can get it with a standard A2 sight . It will only be used out to 300 yards. Im thinking a 1 in 9 will only handle a 69 grain bullet and no more. Any info helpfully. .

chrome lined might not be the best idea if accuracy only was in mind, for an ar thought you wont notice anything much. probably will be a 1moa upper at 100 yards. lee

Their barrels are better than average. I have heard mixed reviews on their complete uppers, but they are nothing special from what I have seen. I have shot 77s out of the CL 16" with good accuracy out to 300, better with the 69s, right at 1MOA. Their 16" LW barrel is the only one I use as there are better options in the 18" and 20" for my needs, so that is all I have for you.

I currently have a colt 16 in , 1 in 7 twist. Was thinking of using national match sights front and rear. I can find a .62 front post but not a .62 rear aperture. Only .52 dont thay need to be the same size?

I currently have a colt 16 in , 1 in 7 twist. Was thinking of using national match sights front and rear. I can find a .62 front post but not a .62 rear aperture. Only .52 dont thay need to be the same size?