• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delta 9x45 laser rangefinders

Biscuits

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2020
In the market for a laser rangefinder, preferably without spending $$$$$$$$$$ on one of the Alpha brands.

The main critieria is that is should be able to ping steel targets at 2000+ metres and ping non-reflective targets such as rocks/trees/deer at about 1500 metres. If it can do that in light rain or light mist, even better.

From what I've read, the Delta Titanium 9x45 will do this. There are limited reviews for it, but the reviews there are say it has great glass. I already have a Delta Javelin scope which I am happy with.

Any users/owners on here?

It's supposed to be made in Japan and competitive with the big boys - hoping to see one in person soon. At that price point it should be a no brainer

I have one. I like it. I am working on an LRF bino test and this is one of the designs I am looking at.

I'll have it largely wrapped up by the end of this month.

ILya

We brought in some for T&E.

My specific set’s display was relatively dim (bright Arizona mid-day sun is the ultimate test for any illumination!) even on full brightness.

Optical performance was pretty great relative to size and weight.

I haven’t had a chance to max out the LRF capabilities but it seemed to nail distances that my Kilo 2200 would somewhat struggle with.

It's supposed to be made in Japan and competitive with the big boys - hoping to see one in person soon. At that price point it should be a no brainer

I think it’s made in China, I’ll verify with Delta.

Not doubting you at all , more so our rep in Australia specifically said made in Japan in email. For some it's an issue with country of origin , it's more just to confirm

Not doubting you at all , more so our rep in Australia specifically said made in Japan in email. For some it's an issue with country of origin , it's more just to confirm

Titanium riflescopes are all made in Japan. That's probably why the rep thought the LRF bino is also Japan.

ILya

I am Australian as well and very interested in a set of these myself. Information/reviews are pretty limited on them so am definitely keen to see what Ilya has to say.

I was thinking of adding the RRS Cinch for tripod mounting but it looks like the tabs for the lens covers are in the way which isn't ideal. Might have to resort to an Outdoorsman type setup instead.

Who were you looking at buying from in Australia?

Just got mine and sent it back for service immediately. It turns on and displays the angle when measuring but it won't display the distance. Delta said that it's the first time they have heard about that kind of problem.

That's unfortunate. Most of what I have read about them in the last couple of days has been from the UK and they are getting a good reputation over there.
Hopefully yours gets sorted out

friend got his from US , initial thoughts are very positive. hopefully get to test it out soon

Had my Delta 9x45s for about a week. Don't put too much weight on my opinion as this is my first pair of rangefinders and the most expensive pair of binoculars I've purchased by a factor of 8. So limited experience in things to compare it to.

I like them. The optical quality seems good. I've ranged out to 2300m on trees with them and I'm taking them ELR shooting over the weekend so will get some idea of how they go on distant steel targets rather than trees. I have tried pointed them at buildings roughly 2km away and failed to get a reading, which surprised me as I would have thought windows/window frames would be reflective.

The lens caps are a bit fiddly to use. The display readout isn't straight either.

Reactions: Jknox1030
I’ve had them for about a year now, I beat the crap out of them and they never seem to let me down. Used a lot in cold weather around -5 or so F. They just work. The glass quality blows me away. They stay crazy sharp. Pretty much alpha teir glass. Low light they are Also excellent. They have that 3 in a half grand ziess pop to them. Not sure how they have achieved this for the price but I love them. Best 1000 bucks I ever spent upgrading from a sig monocular laser.