• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

devcon plastic steel epoxy, putty or liquid ?

craig700sps

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Scotland , UK
Im away to bed my rifle and the stuff i can find locally and in the uk is devcon. Which one is better the putty or liquid ?

Ive been looking at a lot of videos on how to do this and the compound seems to be slighty runny and settles nicely before placing the action in the stock.

Does the putty stuff do the same or does it have to be moulded into the stock before the action goes in ?

Craig

Re: devcon plastic steel epoxy, putty or liquid ?

The liquid is used only for filling voids. You need the putty to bed a rifle. It is very good stuff, and is easy to work with. Hope this helps.

The European SKU is a little different (10112 instead of 10110) but it's the same thing and is what you want. And, yes, that's plenty.

perfect !!!!!

Just called the company back and it should be here on wednesday or thursday .

Pics will follow on my progress on all my upgrades in one thread rather than make loads with different projects.

Craig

Love this forum !!!!

When you ask a question you get a proper quick answer and no BS .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craig700sps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you ask a question you get a proper quick answer and no BS .</div></div>

When you ask the right/proper question, you most certainly do!

But once in a while... it's game on!

Good luck with the bedding and look forward to the pictures.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just an FYI...

Any epoxy can be thickened to just the consistency you want by using fillers.

For bedding an action, powdered aluminum is often used. Any "high density" filler will work. Avoid "low density" fillers as they lack structural properties- usually used in fairing applications for easy sanding.