• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Did some work on a glock today

it does look good, it would make my glocks appeal to me more to the point i would shoot them again.
nicely done .
not to hijack but how bright is that dot? is it visible in sun light?

the dot is very bright really easy to see. also have had a couple of people ask about doing this to theirs as well. i can do this for others just pm me for details

Looks nice and well done.
I would use a smaller diameter endmill.

That's beautiful work, after drilling the barrel, how did you de-burr the holes in the tube? I'm just curious. Also, I thought that Glocks were Melonite treated, or something similar, so hard in fact a diamond couldn't scratch em, I guess based on this beautiful workmanship, that myth has been shot to hell!

the way I ported the barrel I used a very small endmill and interpolated the hole so the spiral of the endmill pulls what burr there would be into the cut leaving an almost burr free surface

Does it help muzzle rise, affect accuracy, and how much?

Good question. It would have been cool to see a before & after video of muzzle rise/recoil. I wouldn't think accuracy would be effected but that is pure S.W.A.G.

OP- That work does look bad ass.

t

That turned out pretty slick. Would like to have seen a shot with it on the frame as well. Curious about reliability and recoil spring after shaving that much material off.

god that looks badness and then some,
makes me want to go buy a glock lol

OK here is the scoop. $100 gets you the slide cuts and the ports in the barrel. Add $50 for the scallops and another $50 for the c-more cut. If you want refinishing there are two options first is parkerize for $50 and Duracoat for $75. I never shot it before the work so I honestly can't say if it helped but it does feel light on recoil for a .40 and accuracy is still there. Hope this answers all the questions. Also I will try and get some pics on the frame. This thing has so much crap bolted on it is the reason I just put a pic of the slide

It looks as though you have about one inch of barrel before the first port. While it may look interesting, the amount of velocity lost on porting more than half of the barrel length may have great impact on the effectiveness of the round. It may have gone to an instant 9mm or less in performance and many may want to see some chrono numbers between the ported and regular stock barrel to see just how bad the reduction might be.

It looks as though you have about one inch of barrel before the first port. While it may look interesting, the amount of velocity lost on porting more than half of the barrel length may have great impact on the effectiveness of the round. It may have gone to an instant 9mm or less in performance and many may want to see some chrono numbers between the ported and regular stock barrel to see just how bad the reduction might be.

I am wondering the same thing about the energy lost. It still looks cool. I am guessing with all that crap on the gun it is nothing more than a show off gun, I doubt it is used for CCW. I guess worst case scenario if the bullet does not have any energy to penetrate he can blind him with the laser and light.

dont think this thing has ever seen a holster and i know the customer does not care the slightest about lost velocity if there is any it is purely for looks with this guy. he just wanted something other than a factory glock.

range report came in good. felt recoil was reduced and functioned flawlessly.

as far as mounting an rmr i can go pretty deep without risking integrity its hard to tell by the picture but i went to the bottom of the radius cut on the top of the slide cant go much past that

range report came in good. felt recoil was reduced and functioned flawlessly.

as far as mounting an rmr i can go pretty deep without risking integrity its hard to tell by the picture but i went to the bottom of the radius cut on the top of the slide cant go much past that