• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Did u know - Howa 1500

ctharv117

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Oakland MD
www.rwbinnovations.com
For those of you that don't know about this i though i would tell ya.

I don"t know how many of u use a Howa for your action of choice. i spoke with the company today and thy are bringing out new bottom metal for the 1500's for 308s, 223, and 22-250 to convert them to polymer magazine feed rifles in 5 and 10rd mags. these are due to be available in late spring to early summer for the 308 and 223s. the 22-250s will come out soon after.

prices---and don't hold me to these exact numbers

for the kit $150 to $200
and mags
5rd $35
10rd $45

hope this is good info for ya.

Re: Did u know - Howa 1500

That would be nice! I have a couple of custom howas and that would be a nice way to finish them up. Thanks for the info!

Nice, I will have to give howa a call. I want a DBM for my 1500, but i will wait to see how the factory compares to CDI's BDM

Did they mention anything about a bottom metal for the long actions???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they mention anything about a bottom metal for the long actions??? </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they mention anything about a bottom metal for the long actions??? </div></div>

+1</div></div>

sorry he never said about long actions and i never asked so couldn't tell ya. just give them a call and see k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.weatherby.com/product/rifles/vanguard/synthetic_dbm

A buddy has this. IIRC the bottom metal isn't metal. </div></div>

damn, this is really disappointing.

Tikka has the same shitty mag setup.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.weatherby.com/product/rifles/vanguard/synthetic_dbm

A buddy has this. IIRC the bottom metal isn't metal.</div></div>

well not really sure but the bottom metal i seen in the pic isn't like the one on the link your showing. the one im talking about is new out so there is a good chance it is metal but i dont know for sure so lets keep our hopes up

I just saw the webpage, it does look like they have one for the long action, but the mag capacity is 3 + 1 in the chamber.

current mag I can get 5 in the magazine without any problems...

I wonder what it will cost either way. I might call up legacysports tomorrow to see what the bottom metal and magazie will cost.

Just spoke with the Howa rep and he said that the bottom metal and mag will be polymer. SA only and msrp will be under 100 dollars. He claims that there is no plans to do a LA setup because of Weatherby's setup that will drop in. They have not released an actual date, But he sounded optimistic in saying (early summer) Hopefully Howa will maintain some sort of quality standard and reinforce the polymer with some sort of aluminum plate or similar

I'm glad you got some answers. I called sportsworld today and literally got no where. The gentleman that answered the phone told me howa stopped making a dbm 10-15 years agO!

Anyway, if I understand correctly the weatherby dbm will drop into a howa long action? Is the weatherby bottom metal also polymer like the howa?

Sorry for the questions and I understand if you don't have all the answers.

Yes the bottom metal of the weatherby will drop right in. As far as I know the whole units SA/LA will be completely polymer. There is also no cost difference between the 5 and 10 round mags.

That's good news. I just wonder how well the bottom metal being polymer will stand up to being torqued up to 65 in/lbs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the info.

I got a CDI DBM and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. The Weatherby DBM has been on sale on Midway but being polymer I didn't want to take a chance.

Now I hope USPS didn't "accidentally" lose my inletted stock and CDI DBM coming back from Jeff at CDI... They supposedly delivered it to my house today but it is nowhere in sight.

I looked into the cdi dbm but I don't think they make one for a long action az of yet...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked into the cdi dbm but I don't think they make one for a long action az of yet... </div></div>

He is supposed to be working on it.

I think it will hold up . some Savages use this setup and it seems to do it's job. I would be more concered about how sloppy the mag fit will be and how well the polymer fairs in cold weather. CDIs botom metal is far better than most anything I have used (perfect fit and function). But on the other hand if your not use to a high quality piece like Jeff makes,It may be well worth it's investment. I will be buying one as soon as I can get a hold of one and will give it a review