• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did you know about Erik Cortina's other YouTube Channel?

I enjoyed the video it was informative and thought provoking. I'll probably order one of these someday if I get sick of hand priming. I actually thought about borrowing my father's RCBS bench primer but not sure how accurate those are.

Reactions: orkan
Been really interested in this tool. I would like to think I load pretty good ammo, don't we all?. I don't mind paying good money for good equipment. But as with everything, is the squeeze worth the juice? lol

3 so far in this thread... and we are just getting warmed up folks. Closer we get to Christmas, the more the holy spirit takes hold of me!

...to be honest, even if I was so vastly fortunate to have been extended such a gracious offer of a free CPS, in all humility I would respectfully request instead that the dollar value of the tool be instead donated to a veterans support group like Wounded Warrior or such. I would be "poor" in tools, but "rich" in knowing I somehow helped those more in need and deserving. May you continue to be blessed, Mr. Greg Dykstra(y)

Reactions: 308pirate
I'm not rich but if I lost my CPS I'd buy another tomorrow. Wouldn't think 5 seconds.

I'm not even a long range guy. Just an impatient fella that loves fine tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cynical
Do not know if contributing to the CPS Santa Fund gets you in a random drawing or not but I made a donation anyway, Greg is a real asset to the Hide and if he is in the giving sprit, it gets me in the sprit as well. Hope the people who are the beneficiaries see the improvement in their groups and will pass the goodwill forward. We all can make a difference for the better by following his lead and helping our fellow man in whatever way we can.. The Sprit can make all things possible.

If dthomas approves, then I think I'll have to give you a call. I just got into reloading over this summer but there can't be that many people who swear by it for nothing. Might have to go through the safe and have a garage sale ad here 😂

Good stuff, keep up the work!

3 so far in this thread... and we are just getting warmed up folks. Closer we get to Christmas, the more the holy spirit takes hold of me!
Very fortunate people! Hope they continue it on and pay it forward. What you do around these times is pretty awesome. Not many in your position would do that. Happy holidays!

Have not been able to watch the whole video but I have watched some. If I understood correctly neither of you are a fan of pocket uniformers because they actually damage the pocket. So my question is do you use a pocket cleaner or just leave them be. I myself have been wondering if these tools actually hasten pocket loosening……Thanks!

Have not been able to watch the whole video but I have watched some. If I understood correctly neither of you are a fan of pocket uniformers because they actually damage the pocket. So my question is do you use a pocket cleaner or just leave them be. I myself have been wondering if these tools actually hasten pocket loosening……Thanks!
Yup I like to clean the pockets.

Reactions: Holliday
When will your seat measuring tool be available? I don't see it on the website. If you buy the seater you might as well double up and get the measurement tool too.

Last edited:
Been on my list of things to buy for a few years but haven't shot enough centerfire ammo to justify buying one yet. 22lr has kept me entertained ever since I went down that rabbit hole.

This is one of those products like a Giraud and Henderson trimmer. How many of us have pissed away money on inferior products to avoid dropping the money on a high end trimmer only to end up with one a year or two later? Then, you wonder why you waited so long.

I really don't understand why some want to start some shit with a guy who posts info and contributes here, supports this place, and also makes what is widely considered the best priming tool available??? It just blows my mind.

I don't have one, but I probably will get one just so my son can load with me, and his younger brother soon too. (5 yrs old and 11 months). There isn't another primer out there where that's a possibility. I don't know if it helps accuracy or not, but with all the trouble we all go to in order to get the most out of our rounds, this doesn't seem like it's out of line.

I enjoyed the video and I still have a lot to learn, so videos like that are helpful for me and I'm sure many others. Even if you think it's complete bs , why would you shit in this thread???? Dude seems like a really nice guy and his machine obviously works, so what's the problem? It's embarrassing to see this.

I really don't understand why some want to start some shit with a guy who posts info and contributes here, supports this place, and also makes what is widely considered the best priming tool available??? It just blows my mind.

I don't have one, but I probably will get one just so my son can load with me, and his younger brother soon too. (5 yrs old and 11 months). There isn't another primer out there where that's a possibility. I don't know if it helps accuracy or not, but with all the trouble we all go to in order to get the most out of our rounds, this doesn't seem like it's out of line.

I enjoyed the video and I still have a lot to learn, so videos like that are helpful for me and I'm sure many others. Even if you think it's complete bs , why would you shit in this thread???? Dude seems like a really nice guy and his machine obviously works, so what's the problem? It's embarrassing to see this.
Agreed, i know sometimes peoples personalities don’t jive. I think that’s it more then anything. They have a bone to pick so his product/him gets attacked. I don’t own one either. Would love to and hopefully will some day. It’s funny how people rip on it for being 600 bucks but back the auto trickler, 419 press, giraud or Henderson trimmer and like 5k + rifles. Good quality costs $. Most of the time is worth it. Whether or not you see eye to eye with “orkan” you should respect his knowledge and effort to help others. I sure do.

Very good video. Erik seems a little skeptical but you did a great job explaining it and it looks like the best tool on the market. I need to get my hands on one at some point. Manual labor and hand priming is for the birds... or for all the carpal tunnel...

Yea a hand primer is good for about 100 rounds them my hands swell, 2-300 rnds of sorted range brass is a challenge.

Wonder if I could get my doctor to write a prescription for a quality of life support device?

What are a couple of the preferred pocket reamers?

Last edited:
Yea a hand primer is good for about 100 rounds them my hands swell, 2-300 rnds of sorted range brass is a challenge.

Wonder if I could get my doctor to write a prescription for a quality of life support device?
I like your angle. Maybe pay with my hsa card

Reactions: Snuby642
I watched the video today and I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge you have on primers and the amount of testing, measuring and engineering that goes into priming a case. It's seems like a trivial act but there is so much more that goes into it. I learned a ton from the video and I do appreciate guys like you for getting that good info out there to people. I just finished my custom build for PRS, or I would be ordering a priming tool from you orkan.

If primer seating can really can shrink groups like that then this would be a $600 well spent when you think of every barrel you can tune and every bullet sent down range. Now it's just convincing my wife of that!

Once you choose your depth for a load, is it easy to swap from one load to another? I'm guessing there is a micrometer?

Also, are you using a mandrel? Do most people lube when they use carbide? I haven't been...

I Have always seated primers on the press or with a hand primer. I didn't know that such a tool existed. I enjoyed the info on your interview with Cortina and I definitely need to save up and get one of these CPS priming tools

So, after R&D and other associated costs how many units do you need to sell before you start making a profit.

I had to quit watching at if Lapua doesn't make the brass don't shoot it. Same guy, "DON'T NECK SIZE!'.

This $10 part lasted me 10,000 times 22-250 to .300 H&H. Just saying.

View attachment 7759362
You cant adjust your primer seating debth with your system. By hand priming or on your press. ..004 to .005 is the Goldie locks zone. One of the many methods to obtaining the lowest standard deviation . Only bolt beaters neck size. Show up at the berger nations you can pick them out on the line.

Why? You wouldn't believe me anyway. lol Show me YOUR test! lol

Go look on youtube. Lots of others posted tests. Maybe you'll believe them?

Maybe you'll believe Jason Wolf?

Jason Wolf
2020 IBS 600YD National Champion
2 years in a row!
2 gun overall 1st place
light gun group 1st
light gun score 1st
light gun overall 1st
heavy gun score 1st
heavy gun group 2nd
heavy gun overall 1st

2019 IBS 600yd National Champion
HG Overall winner
HG score winner
LG overall winner
LG score winner

meaningless data.

ask yourself if peope are winning competitions without your priming tool. -> yes.
ask yourself if there are old records still valid, priming withouth your tool. -> yes.

and this is all truth about your tool. not saying that it is bad, but it is NOT necessarily for winning.

Reactions: tngambler
there are also ppl who win and they dont anneal their brass. more and more ppl dont neck turn anymore.

did you know that? how can you explain that?

you cant, because you are totaly brainwashed and everybody tell you that you need those fancy machines to even start to reload...:poop:

there are also ppl who win and they dont anneal their brass. more and more ppl dont neck turn anymore.

you cant, because you are totaly brainwashed and everybody tell you that you need those fancy machines to even start to reload...:poop:

I told you to stop before you started.

Haaaa there’s been so many tools that come out that these YouTube ppl push and then get away from. Just because they get free stuff they’ll give ir a good review. Then you won’t see them using it a few months later.if your source of info is YouTube your a complete fool.

For the love of God, don't go away mad just go away

• Haha
Reactions: Tokay444

Whoever banned this moron, thank you.

Same idiot who was arguing with the people from ZCO telling them they were lying about having a manufacturing facility in Austria.

What in the world?

The only better primer tool I've seen is the Pavlik Pal, or was. Together with the CPS, you save so much time without sacrificing any performance that it is a joke. That you actually increase performance is, for me, incidental. The benefit to my shooting is that I get to do more of it because of less time priming.

Now, if you could produce the Pal for those who don't have one, or for those of us who would like to hoard a few more, you would be a true gentleman. The DAA primer filler is garbage, and I had such high hopes for it. Seriously look into it, the build quality, speed and precision are right up your alley, and with them being Italian and out of production, I can't imagine there would be any issues doing it.

We'll be getting them up on the website this week hopefully. You can call an order in and we'll get your order in the hopper.

I need to test this new product. You briefly showed it in the Cortina video. Also, come over and join the Shoot Small Groups forum. We would love to have you there. A great group.

My son and I shoot various rifles to a mile and beyond. To get that far we had to start reloading. The futher you shoot, the more you start to upgrade your reloading equipment. Reloading for me seems like a never ending pursuit of perfection I know I'll never achieve, but will continue to strive towards. Trying to keep my extreme spread under 10 keeps me awake some nights.

Thanks for the video Greg. There was so much information in it. I never new about the ignition system before and the whole timing aspect. I'm going to watch the video again to pick up info I didn't catch the first time. I'll start saving after Christmas for a CPS. I know that's the next step to conquer in my reloading process.

Blessings

@orkan, thanks for the video and for all the contributions you make to this forum. I am fairly new to precision shooting and reloading and have a lot more to learn, but videos like this help flatten the learning curve for me.

As soon as funds allow I will order one of these fine pieces of equipment and stop priming with my Forster Coax press.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Durwin

What are a couple of the preferred pocket reamers?
Let me know what you find out. I have psoriatic arthritis and will need to move to a CPS in 2023 most likely. Thankfully, the product exists as an option.

Reactions: Snuby642
with them being Italian and out of production, I can't imagine there would be any issues doing it.
Respectfully, I would not be so sure.

Just because something is out of production doesn't mean IP rights are abandoned.

Reactions: owyheerat
Respectfully, I would not be so sure.

Just because something is out of production doesn't mean IP rights are abandoned.
You are no doubt right. I just hope that somebody could bring the Pal back. I literally keep my spare motor in a safe in case the original one finally gives out. I have no clue as to why every other primer filler sucks.

The Prima Fill and primer tubes are perfect additions to the CPS. Maybe @orkan can come up with a package deal.
No, they suck. They are marginal with large primers and shitty with small primers. It's not a comment on Orkan, DAA is just really hit or miss with their gear. And if yours is good an my two suck, it just shows that QC on them is garbage. Bring back PAL.

No, they suck. They are marginal with large primers and shitty with small primers. It's not a comment on Orkan, DAA is just really hit or miss with their gear. And if yours is good an my two suck, it just shows that QC on them is garbage. Bring back PAL.
I guess I don't know any better. Hands down its been better than filling tubes one primer at a time. I have not had any inverted primers. The single direction ridges to flip the primers is not as effective as radial as on a Dillon primer flip tray. It does take a little technique (very little) to keep them from bunching up. At a fraction of the cost of a Dillon RF100. The only other option I've seen is Frankford Arsenal Vibra Prime.

Your PAL is no longer available but did look like a decent option.

The problem with the DAA ones is that with large primers about 3/100 flip with the cover on while vibrating them in, and with small it is closer to 20/100. Maybe they have changed the dimensions, but they didn't get it right at first. The RF100 is also hot steaming garbage.

But you are correct that it is better than loading by hand. And in the CPS it is ok because you can get eyes on a primer to see if it is flipped, but in a 1050 or something, that flipped primer in there is a bad day.

There are very few "perfect" reloading products. The CPS is one, the Pal is one, the Mr. Bulletfeeder Optimization Kit is one. I can't think of many others. Maybe the SAC seating die.

Last edited:
@Halfnutz, I have no experience with the Pal but I use the Frankford Arsenal Vibra Prime and it works well. I've considered multiple times buying the Dillon one but, for the cost, the Frankford works great.

Reactions: Halfnutz
The Dillon primer flip tray will be handed down for generations.

As a bonus it didn't miss a lick in the great Texas blizzard of 2021.

I expect the primal rights seater will be the same.

Very good video. Erik seems a little skeptical but you did a great job explaining it and it looks like the best tool on the market. I need to get my hands on one at some point. Manual labor and hand priming is for the birds... or for all the carpal tunnel...
If he's "skeptical"... why has he been doing exactly what I described since he and I first talked years ago? That doesn't seem like skeptical behavior. :) It also doesn't make much sense why he'd have me on to share it with his audience, if he didn't agree.

They are marginal with large primers and shitty with small primers. It's not a comment on Orkan, DAA is just really hit or miss with their gear. And if yours is good an my two suck, it just shows that QC on them is garbage.
We have sold hundreds of them... and have only had one come back for a faulty motor, which DAA immediately replaced, no questions asked. I've not heard a negative report from anyone except that one with the dead-on-arrival motor, and another one with a broken motor mount. Two out of hundreds, is a pretty good track record. The only product we sell that carries a better track record, is the CPS itself! ;) We have sold thousands of the DAA/Primal Rights primer tubes they custom make for us, and have not had one single issue to date. Sorry you've had such bad luck, but I think you just got super unlucky! The PrimaFill is by far our most popular accessory to the CPS, and rightfully so. I absolutely love using mine.

Oh, and they did change the design a couple times, to my knowledge. The easiest way to identify the new ones is the circular pattern of the ridges in the tray. The older ones have straight lines.

MJEwN5Vm.jpg

Once you choose your depth for a load, is it easy to swap from one load to another? I'm guessing there is a micrometer?
Yes, you can either count clicks on the CPS, or you can run it out shallow and sneak back in on it using the linear measurement with our PrimeWhere gauge.

Also, are you using a mandrel? Do most people lube when they use carbide? I haven't been...
I use mandrels on specific occasions. Most often, virgin brass. Otherwise, I use custom honed full length sizers with a forster-style high expander that enters the bottom of the neck on the reverse press stroke before the top of the neck leaves the neck portion of the die.

I watched the video today and I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge you have on primers and the amount of testing, measuring and engineering that goes into priming a case.
Thanks! ...but we didn't even really get into it. That was as high level of a flyby as I could come up with so the program didn't run for 8hrs. lol

Let me know what you find out. I have psoriatic arthritis and will need to move to a CPS in 2023 most likely.
Haha... YOU thought. PM me your name, address, phone number, and email address and the worlds best priming tool with our new billet aluminum 5" knob will arrive. Merry Christmas!

@orkan do you prep/uniform the primer pockets on new brass before you seat your first primer? The other question: did you ever do a test on the primer pockets that had a reduced charge of powder for the first firing vs. a full charge? If so, what was the results of the test? Did the reduced charge pocket hold up better than the full charge pocket in the long run? I will save up my pennies for one of your priming tools as part of improving down-range results. Keep up the good vibes and information!

I've been watching Cortina's channel for awhile now and have really learned a lot even though I have been reloading for 35 years. I've employed many of his suggestions and they've worked for me so I have no reason to doubt the outcome here. I watched the video recently and just came across this thread.
This seating tool is definitely something that I want (along with some of the other folks here, nerve damage from my neck prevents me from hand priming). Seating on my Lyman or Dillon doesn't really get it done properly.

Reactions: orkan and Snuby642
@orkan do you prep/uniform the primer pockets on new brass before you seat your first primer?
Nope! I run Lapua and Alpha OCD cases almost exclusively these days... and those pockets don't need to be touched. I will gently glide a dull uniforming tool in there in between firings to "clean" them... but I don't take any brass.

did you ever do a test on the primer pockets that had a reduced charge of powder for the first firing vs. a full charge?
I have. A reduced charge will usually result in the pocket moving less. However, it will move more across multiple firings then. I'd much rather it move where its going to move, and then not move much. So on normal loads, the pocket will move quite a bit during the 1st to 3rd firing... but after that it tends to stabilize quite a bit, if the brass is good. If it's bad, (soft case heads) then pockets will change quite a bit across the life of the brass. That's why Alpha's new OCD is so amazing. The most stable cases I've ever worked with. That's really the key: To run quality brass, which moves predictably and flows uniformly. A couple companies have thought it through... others clearly have not.

You asked about "test results," but you have to understand that in order to land on conclusions for a lot of this stuff takes 10's of thousands of rounds over years of time. So some of this isn't as simple as providing a chart or spreadsheet. ;)

If he's "skeptical"... why has he been doing exactly what I described since he and I first talked years ago? That doesn't seem like skeptical behavior. :) It also doesn't make much sense why he'd have me on to share it with his audience, if he didn't agree.

We have sold hundreds of them... and have only had one come back for a faulty motor, which DAA immediately replaced, no questions asked. I've not heard a negative report from anyone except that one with the dead-on-arrival motor, and another one with a broken motor mount. Two out of hundreds, is a pretty good track record. The only product we sell that carries a better track record, is the CPS itself! ;) We have sold thousands of the DAA/Primal Rights primer tubes they custom make for us, and have not had one single issue to date. Sorry you've had such bad luck, but I think you just got super unlucky! The PrimaFill is by far our most popular accessory to the CPS, and rightfully so. I absolutely love using mine.

Oh, and they did change the design a couple times, to my knowledge. The easiest way to identify the new ones is the circular pattern of the ridges in the tray. The older ones have straight lines.

MJEwN5Vm.jpg

Yes, you can either count clicks on the CPS, or you can run it out shallow and sneak back in on it using the linear measurement with our PrimeWhere gauge.

I use mandrels on specific occasions. Most often, virgin brass. Otherwise, I use custom honed full length sizers with a forster-style high expander that enters the bottom of the neck on the reverse press stroke before the top of the neck leaves the neck portion of the die.

Thanks! ...but we didn't even really get into it. That was as high level of a flyby as I could come up with so the program didn't run for 8hrs. lol

Haha... YOU thought. PM me your name, address, phone number, and email address and the worlds best priming tool with our new billet aluminum 5" knob will arrive. Merry Christmas!
OK, I will trust you. Going to place my order now from you, as I know you'll make it right if it is bad. Mine were among the first dozen or so sold, so maybe a beta issue.

Reactions: kthomas
OK, I will trust you. Going to place my order now from you, as I know you'll make it right if it is bad. Mine were among the first dozen or so sold, so maybe a beta issue.

We're out of stock on the primafill presently!:mad:

I hope to have more within a couple weeks... but holiday shipping... grrrr. Who knows. lol