• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dillon 750XL FL/RS Help.

Atxlongrange

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Texas
    See attached video, im FL RS & DP 6Creedmoor Hornady brass with a redding die.

Using a jofer toolhead & forester lock ring.

Everytime i resize the brass looks ever so slightly tilted.

Im using the FL/RS in station 1 with a universal deprime in station 4 both putting the same amount of force oj the shell plate.

Why am i still getting the brass ‘tilted’ or not fully in the shellplate.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6D64EE0F-D661-41CA-925A-797E0C90A45D.png
      6D64EE0F-D661-41CA-925A-797E0C90A45D.png
      1.4 MB · Views: 43
    • 66BD93FE-221F-4EA2-9EBC-38B966110728.png
      66BD93FE-221F-4EA2-9EBC-38B966110728.png
      1.3 MB · Views: 44
    • 9D1FE743-D2B5-4899-903B-3C9A26B07F6A.png
      9D1FE743-D2B5-4899-903B-3C9A26B07F6A.png
      1.7 MB · Views: 51
    • 65A20909-3019-411C-A806-0DF9CAFD69CC.png
      65A20909-3019-411C-A806-0DF9CAFD69CC.png
      1.6 MB · Views: 55
    See attached video, im FL RS & DP 6Creedmoor Hornady brass with a redding die.

Using a jofer toolhead & forester lock ring.

Everytime i resize the brass looks ever so slightly tilted.

Im using the FL/RS in station 1 with a universal deprime in station 4 both putting the same amount of force oj the shell plate.

Why am i still getting the brass ‘tilted’ or not fully in the shellplate.

Thoughts?

I can't confirm this, but I have a Jofer toolhead for my .357 mag loads and I swear it does the same thing.

I'm wondering if those Jofer toolheads aren't just a tad wide on the hole placement. I need to switch my dies to a Dillon toolhead I have and see if the problem goes away.

It looks like the die hole in the toolhead is not aligned/centered with the shellplate. The brass is as far towards center as it can go on the shellplate, but the die is just a tad further. It has to lean.
    I think you need a new toolhead.

Did your 750 come with a Dillon toolhead? If so, put the dies in the Dillon and see if the tilt goes away.

So i solved this issue, ill take some pics and do a write up if anyone else has the problem, essentially i greased the underside of the brass tray that holds the brass from the fill tube to the shell plate (less wobble), also tightened shell plate ever so slightly. As well i adjusted the rod that sets how much pressure is pushing against the case as its being set in the shell plate, all of these adjustments in secession have made it to where the brass is center aligned on the deprime pin.

So i solved this issue, ill take some pics and do a write up if anyone else has the problem, essentially i greased the underside of the brass tray that holds the brass from the fill tube to the shell plate (less wobble), also tightened shell plate ever so slightly. As well i adjusted the rod that sets how much pressure is pushing against the case as its being set in the shell plate, all of these adjustments in secession have made it to where the brass is center aligned on the deprime pin.

Interested to see how that fixed it. I guess if the shell plate wasn't adjusted right I could see some wobble there or something.