• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon will finance your purchase for only a "small" fee

Say I don't care about my credit score. Is Dillon going to repossess the press when I default on the lease?

(honestly, ruining my credit score would probably be the smartest thing I could do. After 30 years of being in debt and finally clawing my way out, having the ability to get back in it might not be the best thing)

This is suuuuuuper annoying that they're so scummy and low like that. Really makes me want to not buy another Dillon. I suppose it bothers some people more than others. Maybe I just have a distaste for crude and corporate style hustling, call me crazy lol.
Or, not be poor by overextending yourself and living within your means.

Or, not be poor by overextending yourself and living within your means.

Those two aren't mutually exclusive. I've financed things before even though I had cash to buy them. I used to manage all of my money on a monthly basis, and monthly payments made that easy. I'm sure there were better ways, but it was successful for me. Not everyone who does monthly payments is broke lol.

I understand what you're saying but I'm arguing a different point, which is:

Any company can do what they want, I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this, I'm saying its "snake in the grass", take advantage of your loyal customers hustling. ESPECIALLY when Dillon touts to be "about the customer" and how they make the best products for the best customers. Its sleezy corporate hack "read the 120 pages of T&C" moves.

I think people confuse my distaste for this type of shit with me being butthurt over not having money, or thinking they should be cancelled or not legally allowed to do this. Which of course, is false. That doesn't change that I think its low. To me, if Dillon actually cared about their customers, they would offer a reasonable interest rate for financing their products, which allows more units to be sold, more money for Dillon off of interest, and more happy customers.

IMO, this is worse than offering no financing at all. It only hurts the customer they're supposedly trying to help.

Reactions: Part Timer