• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIP Savage Rimfire Base

kindred_spirits

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
Jamison, PA
I placed an order for a DIP Savage Rimfire base on November 29th. I was initially quoted a backorder of 2 weeks. It's been almost a 2 month wait so far. The last update I heard was that the latest batch was rejected from the anodizing shop, and they were to receive the fixed batch in 2 days. That was on 1/3. I haven't heard anything since.

Anybody else order one recently? Has their customer service updated you at all?

I have had a Savage MK II TR, TPS rings, and a WOTAC 4-14x50 sitting around waiting for a base for too long.

I have been tempted to just cancel it and get an EGW base, but the DIP base seems to be engineered much better.

Re: DIP Savage Rimfire Base

I dont know if I would say the DIP is engineered better. I mean EGW makes some good products. Honestly I just feel like the DIP is thicker. I dont know. I do know a guy on RimfireCentral called them up since they were back-ordered and they said no we have some. He received it from them in like three days... If you've been waiting 2 months I would contact them cause it sure seems like they are still shipping them places....

The owner was saying about 2 weeks out or less, a bunch just went to be anadized.
I have one a think they are the best mounts made,
It would be worth the wait. Everyone wants one because they fit so nice, are solid and look great.

John K

I've got one of these and also a EGW but prefer the DIP.

thats clean. i liked my EGW except i didnt like the lower center. i like the rails flat like that one is. call me nuts, i know the EGW gives enough contact to the cross pins or cross bar or however whatever base or rings you are using locks in with, but this style with solid level "lugs" just has more contact and looks cleaner to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats clean. i liked my EGW except i didnt like the lower center. i like the rails flat like that one is. call me nuts, i know the EGW gives enough contact to the cross pins or cross bar or however whatever base or rings you are using locks in with, but this style with solid level "lugs" just has more contact and looks cleaner to me. </div></div> The newer or current style EGW is solid across the width of the rail and does not have the dip in the middle. The design seems to have been changed from the pics that show up in the older SH review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gachrid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know if I would say the DIP is engineered better. I mean EGW makes some good products. Honestly I just feel like the DIP is thicker. I dont know. I do know a guy on RimfireCentral called them up since they were back-ordered and they said no we have some. He received it from them in like three days... If you've been waiting 2 months I would contact them cause it sure seems like they are still shipping them places.... </div></div>

Wow, this makes me mad. I saw this thread on RF central.

They don't seem to be answering e-mails anymore...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: two4spooky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The newer or current style EGW is solid across the width of the rail and does not have the dip in the middle. The design seems to have been changed from the pics that show up in the older SH review. </div></div>

Any pictures? I thought that all EGW rails had the dip in the middle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kindred_spirits</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: two4spooky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The newer or current style EGW is solid across the width of the rail and does not have the dip in the middle. The design seems to have been changed from the pics that show up in the older SH review. </div></div>

Any pictures? I thought that all EGW rails had the dip in the middle. </div></div>The rails I am refering to are the HD under "Scope Mounts" > "HD Mounts". The mount I picked up is for a CZ rimfire in HD style "... newest addition to the EGW mount line". The HD is flat across the middle and clamps from the sides. Now looking back at the other rails I see they do not make the HD style for the Savage rimfires, only the Savage centerfire. I am mistaken in claiming they were available for Savage rimfires also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kindred_spirits</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gachrid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know if I would say the DIP is engineered better. I mean EGW makes some good products. Honestly I just feel like the DIP is thicker. I dont know. I do know a guy on RimfireCentral called them up since they were back-ordered and they said no we have some. He received it from them in like three days... If you've been waiting 2 months I would contact them cause it sure seems like they are still shipping them places.... </div></div>

Wow, this makes me mad. I saw this thread on RF central.

They don't seem to be answering e-mails anymore... </div></div>

Yeah Email isn't the best way if there is a problem. At least IMO. I would get on the horn with them and get some answers. You should be getting yours way before somebody else who just placed an order. Seems like the order was lost or something.

I had to wait about a mounth for mine. Same old shit I was told a couple of weeks. I called Bob @ DIP and he made it right in the long run, never had a problem getting him on the phone.

Well after alerting DIP about the thread in Rimfire Central, Bob called me personally and everything has been resolved. Great guy, you can tell he really cares about his customers. I should have the base in a couple of days.

Funny,

Three phone calls (no answer) and two e-mails, and in two months or so not one single contact from them.

I have an EGW 20 MOA 10/22 rail, which I haven't mounted (sort of in stock, if needed), it seems very well made.

I have had personal help from with Robert (DIP) while has was still with R/T and very responsive , (to the extend to lending a tool).
He's a stand up guy.

If he's so stand up tell him to answer his phone/respond to e-mails.

try PMing HotRod9mm, one and the same person.

company number 509-993-8112

from the website:
*We do NOT answer "Blocked" or "Restricted" calls.
is your phone blocked or restricted?

For internet sales contact: [email protected]

For order status contact: [email protected]

For general questions contact: [email protected]

Not sure who to ask contact: [email protected]

Techincal support contact: [email protected]

i think he had some health issues last year, perhaps they resurfaced and is tending to them, i don't know.