• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DMR SPR Optic

RonBurgundyy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2022
Cincinnati
I am currently in the process of building a DMR/SPR rifle chambered in 6mm Arc. Current set up pictured below..
I am uncertain of what optic to go with. I am looking at either the ACTAR 4-16x42 Tremor 3 reticle and the Kahles 3-18x50 SKMR3 reticle with a SPUHR/ Badger condition one mount. I have ruled out the Leupold 3.6-18 because most people have told me it is not on the level of ACTAR and does not track as well.. I have read that Kahles are a bit more fragile and have a narrower FOV which concerns me, as this is the optics I am leaning towards. Obviously, ACTAR has the resume but it doesn't have the magnification of Kahles or Leupold. THoughts?

Specs
Geissele super duty upper/lower
Mk18 Arca handguard
JP VMOS bcg
JP silent cap spring
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Proof 18" carbon barrel with surefire socom break
IMG_4962.jpg

Reactions: Buck Lawman
With 4-16's and 3-18's in consideration, we're beyond sort of optics that most would consider canonically DMR (ACOG) or SPR (3.5-10 Leupold was the original), and just into a regular LR scope.

I haven't had any mechanical problems with the Leupold Mark5HD, but the optics are not as clear as the better scopes.

Anyway, two others I'd consider would be the ZCO 4-20 and the S&B 3-12.

If you have ZCO 420 or Schmidt 3-12 (though there are some sweet sales on these from euro right now) money you’re near the Tangent 315M area of spend and should just do that.

I am currently in the process of building a DMR/SPR rifle chambered in 6mm Arc. Current set up pictured below..
I am uncertain of what optic to go with. I am looking at either the ACTAR 4-16x42 Tremor 3 reticle and the Kahles 3-18x50 SKMR3 reticle with a SPUHR/ Badger condition one mount. I have ruled out the Leupold 3.6-18 because most people have told me it is not on the level of ACTAR and does not track as well.. I have read that Kahles are a bit more fragile and have a narrower FOV which concerns me, as this is the optics I am leaning towards. Obviously, ACTAR has the resume but it doesn't have the magnification of Kahles or Leupold. THoughts?

Specs
Geissele super duty upper/lower
Mk18 Arca handguard
JP VMOS bcg
JP silent cap spring
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Proof 18" carbon barrel with surefire socom break

I think your snippets about the Kahles, ATACR and Leupold are spot on. Take a look at the reticles. the SKMR3 is a love it or hate it reticle. Same with T3. If you have not been trained with Tremor, you might opt for Nightforce Mil-XT which is similar, but not quite so technical. Big difference is Tremor works better for a moving target.