• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Do I really need a 20 Moa base for a 7mm rm pushing 180 vld's at 2800 fps, I have 36 mils

if its any consultation...the 20moa base's make your rifle atleast LOOK more badass ;) plus, who DOESNT need more adjustment?!

How far are you shooting? You theoretically have 18 mils of up which is quite a bit. Should get you to about 1575 yards per JBM. If you want to go farther then you will need more. MOA bases are usually about the same price as 0 MOA bases so why not?

Thanks, a new 20 Moa base on the way. Savage drives me nuts with all the changes to their rifles, needed a round base ordered a flat, think I had about 40 Moa with the flat and bottomed out several inches high of zero before I figured it out.

No matter how much adjustment you have you will find the windage adjustment lessens as you get out of mechanical center. You hardly need any windage at the zero point. Save all the windage adjustment for the longer distances by keeping the scope closer to mechanical center at you are spun up for longer distance. I always use a 20 moa at least if I plan to shoot any long range.
YMMV-Rob