• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Do you sound like a fool?

Re: Do you sound like a fool?

Come down here to centeral Teaxs, We talk guns and no one care about the pronouncetion as long as it goes Bang!

Come down here to centeral Teaxs, We talk guns and no one care about the pronouncetion as long as it goes Bang!

Amen wkelcy! Cracks me up though, when a shop owner or worker starts correcting me on pronunciation or brand choice. If he can't agree with my dumb country butt long enough to take my money, he won't see my money.
I went there to buy something, not for a language lesson.

I was taught that it is rude and pretentious to correct someone else's pronunciation/mispronunciation in a word or name. If there is an honest inability to understand what someone is trying to communicate to you, then seeking clarification is acceptable. The reason(so I was taught) that some folks like to correct another persons way of saying things is in an erroneous attempt to make themselves sound superior, or to put down or otherwise insult the other person.

If someone enjoys correcting others, I probably would never say anything to them. However, I would think that the corrector comes off as pretentious, haughty, unnecessarily rude, and basically the lesser of the two people. It is their right to make that impression though.

After I bought my TRG22, I noted that all the customer service people on the phone all answered the phone pronouncing the product name the same way. I figure they must know the proper way to pronounce the manufacturer's name. So,I say it the way they do. If someone wants to pronounce it like a watch company, I know what they are talking about, and feel no need to correct them. We both know we are talking about a nice Finnish rifle, and not a watch.

Last edited:
There's a video on YouTube where a LAWpoo-a rep was talking about the new scenar L bullets and pronouncing them SKAN-are...I always pronounced them sen-ar, . . I know how they choose to pronounce shit, but laPOO-a sen-AR flows off the tongue easier.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1. I can't believe this post and that so many of Us including yourt truly have replied
2. it is about communication not pronunciation..WTFD?
3. Geissele in German perhaps would be Geis-sa-leh
4. FWIW in Latin the accent is never on the last ( the ultima) syllable...again WTF cares ?

made my day :)

1. I can't believe this post and that so many of Us including yourt truly have replied
2. it is about communication not pronunciation..WTFD?
3. Geissele in German perhaps would be Geis-sa-leh
4. FWIW in Latin the accent is never on the last ( the ultima) syllable...again WTF cares ?

made my day :)

+100000000