• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does +/- .1 grain matter?

Not trying to hijack this post. But when looking for the best nodes, what criteria do you use to discriminate the best node out of the possibilities?
That is not a question easily answered if you do not already have some basis. Here is a link to one method used by some to determine what a node is and how to recognize it when developing a load:

Reactions: spife7980
I agree. I use paper, chrony, vertical spread at distance, different powders/brass/primer combos and a lot of seating depth tuning.

I hate trying to work up a new load 😂

If your really doing all this your wasting barrel life...good brass primers and bullets with the right powder for caliber will shoot without a lot of tuning.

If you just like to tinker then I get it personally I do not because I do not like reloading.

Not trying to hijack this post. But when looking for the best nodes, what criteria do you use to discriminate the best node out of the possibilities?

This is what I’m looking for when I do my initial load development....

ED956D4F-534C-4853-B09D-94A144FF45CB.jpeg

I want to see 3 tight groups over a .6g difference in charge weight...this is an exceptional barrel but I’m looking for 1/2” or so that the POI remains the same or real close I then chose center load and shoot it at 600yds and tune with seating if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMtnSkiier