• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Does any body make a 6.8 Suppressors

yoteman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2013
piedmont nc
looking for a 6.8 suppressor
I no longer shoot any thing bigger then a 260. ( because of neck problems)
I have a few 6.8 AR`s, a 260 match bolt rig, an may build a 6.5 AR/LR soon.
I know a lot of gents, run a 30cal can.
light weight, an thread on type is what I would prefer

thanks all
YO

I know Surefire and Wilson Combat make 6.8/.277 cal. cans. Both require a brake or other can specific adapter. I have the Wilson Combat model and run it on a 16" 6.8 SPC II AR. I really like it. The short fat can works great on an AR. I've got a 15" rail on it so everything lines/matches up. I haven't tried one of my 30 cal cans on the 6.8 to see just how much louder it would be over the dedicated 6.8 can.

Oh, and the Wilson Combat brake uses a coarse thread on model similar to what Thunder Beast offers on their BA models. Threads on easily, is solid and very consistent. POI shift with and with out the can is less than 1 MOA on my particular rifle. Brake by itself is very effective... also very not quiet ;)

Last edited:
I run a 30PSS on my 12.5" 6.8, a little louder than the 30P-1 but won't ring your ears without ear pro.

As mentioned, the only dedicated 6.8 cans I know of are from SF and Wilson Combat.

If you are close to Pittsboro, contact Dave at BBshooting.com for a can, great guy to deal with.

Yote, just get a .30cal suppressor. Seriously don't waste the money on a 6.8. Although you may not shoot anything .30cal currently considering the expense of the suppressor and tax stamp it will give you the greatest versatility long term. Who doesn't have a .308Win? Put it on a Trust and your kids can also enjoy it.

I have a TBAC 30P-1 and use it for: 22 WMR, .300 Blackout (subsonic), 6.5 Creedmoor, .260Remington, .308Win, .223 Rem, 6.5 SAUM, and .300 Win Mag. The suppressor sounds great whether it is a .30 cal or less. It only weights ~17oz and in my experience does not affect accuracy. You will likely see a slight impact shift dependent on barrel contour and length (overall barrel stiffness). Tag along with the Conover crew to Woody's next weekend and you can test drive mine.

I have a 6.8 AAC M4-2000 that works well. I can't tell a difference between that and my Surefire 762ss. They do serve separate purposes.

Like others have said... Get a 30 cal can.

yote, just get a .30cal suppressor. Seriously don't waste the money on a 6.8. Although you may not shoot anything .30cal currently considering the expense of the suppressor and tax stamp it will give you the greatest versatility long term. Who doesn't have a .308win? Put it on a trust and your kids can also enjoy it.

I have a tbac 30p-1 and use it for: 22 wmr, .300 blackout (subsonic), 6.5 creedmoor, .260remington, .308win, .223 rem, 6.5 saum, and .300 win mag. The suppressor sounds great whether it is a .30 cal or less. It only weights ~17oz and in my experience does not affect accuracy. You will likely see a slight impact shift dependent on barrel contour and length (overall barrel stiffness). Tag along with the conover crew to woody's next weekend and you can test drive mine.

this

A suppressed 308 kicks less than unsuppressed. You may be able to up your calibers of choice by adding a suppressor? Just a thought? I'd go with a Surefire Socom 7.62 RC

Yote, just get a .30cal suppressor. Seriously don't waste the money on a 6.8. Although you may not shoot anything .30cal currently considering the expense of the suppressor and tax stamp it will give you the greatest versatility long term. Who doesn't have a .308Win? Put it on a Trust and your kids can also enjoy it.

I have a TBAC 30P-1 and use it for: 22 WMR, .300 Blackout (subsonic), 6.5 Creedmoor, .260Remington, .308Win, .223 Rem, 6.5 SAUM, and .300 Win Mag. The suppressor sounds great whether it is a .30 cal or less. It only weights ~17oz and in my experience does not affect accuracy. You will likely see a slight impact shift dependent on barrel contour and length (overall barrel stiffness). Tag along with the Conover crew to Woody's next weekend and you can test drive mine.

thanks Tom, that is what iam going to do.
after alot here on the hide, an some time surfing the web, i am looking hard a TBAC.
every one speaks highly of them

now that's behind me.
apache is building me a farm walking rig, in a light weight, short barrel 221FB
need a light weight but accu, can any thought's, i also like TBAC for this but being a newbe, always open to learn.
by the way stamp got back on the sparrow bad ass having a ball with it.
thanks all
YO

thanks all ya have been knid

Last edited:
Yoteman, I as well recently got a Sparrow and got my MKIII and 10/22 barrels threaded. It's much nicer with the standard ammo, I've never heard rounds ripping through the grass before, and the plates sound great! It appears there's several of us around here in NC.
Enjoy!

Yoteman, I as well recently got a Sparrow and got my MKIII and 10/22 barrels threaded. It's much nicer with the standard ammo, I've never heard rounds ripping through the grass before, and the plates sound great! It appears there's several of us around here in NC.
Enjoy!

pink vapor how close are you to hickory nc.
we have a good little steel tactical match for 22lr
also bunsen27 has 1 up an going near Raleigh
an yes the sparrow is bad ass. fun to play an hunt with

I've shot the surefire 6.8 can at the Badlands in OK. I shot it without ear pro. It's nice. Elite Iron can also make you a 6.8 can for half the cost. It's thread on, and stainless but much quieter. I was shooting my Bravo 7.62 on my 6.8 at Woodys match and the RO was having a hard time getting my shots to register on the shot timer. His exact words were, wow, what can is that? It seems to be working too well. It was stage two of the match IMO.

pink vapor how close are you to hickory nc.
we have a good little steel tactical match for 22lr
also bunsen27 has 1 up an going near Raleigh
an yes the sparrow is bad ass. fun to play an hunt with
I'm in Holly Springs, I'd like to get a chance to throw some lead and see some other builds. I just bought 15K Rem 22lr Subsonics.
I also just completed the build of my 6.5 Grendel AR. Mega billet receiver set, NiB BCG, AA hard use bolt, Magpul PRStock, Seekins 15" guard, McGowen mod_HBAR 18" SS, Geissele NM trigger, and TBAC 30BAS, I've also got a TBAC CB9 in NFA prison, hopefully she'll be let out with good behavior in about six months. ;)
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2090.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2090 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2090 - Copy.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I've shot the surefire 6.8 can at the Badlands in OK. I shot it without ear pro. It's nice. Elite Iron can also make you a 6.8 can for half the cost. It's thread on, and stainless but much quieter. I was shooting my Bravo 7.62 on my 6.8 at Woodys match and the RO was having a hard time getting my shots to register on the shot timer. His exact words were, wow, what can is that? It seems to be working too well. It was stage two of the match IMO.

But how heavy is that elite iron can going to weigh?

Yoteman, your neck....

Good for you for taking it seriously, where as there is some recoil felt from the primary recoil (momentum conservation) it is the secondary recoil (open atmosphere) that you have to be particularly careful of.
Suppressor can help mildly, but that help moderates with an increase in temps within the can, so remain vigilant.....or better yet, stay the course with smaller calibers.
Figure around a third more recoil when you go .30 cal.

Here you go, you are interested in the foot pound number... all host weights are the last number for you and includes a ss can.

22 LR = .16 Foot Pounds (ftlb) 6.3 lbs
.223 Rem = 4.97 ftlb 7.2 lbs
243 Win = 11.9 ftlb 7.1 lbs
260 Rem = 14.3 ftlb 7.0 lbs
270 Win = 19.7 ftlb 6.8 lbs
308 Win = 21.4 ftlb 7.5 lbs
30-06 Win = 24.9 ftlb 7.7 lbs
300 Win = 27.7 ftlb 8.7

To be filed under the "extra weight helps" your condition. This blast from the past, a reflex 6.8 in ss. Not only would the weight help your condition, but the reflex design actually works to your advantage in the recoil department.
No longer in production, but make no mistake a 6.8 can properly designed will always outperform an overbore.

And to be posted under "slow learner" a super light weight Ti billet 6.8 with one extra chamber (XL volume) and single inconel lead in on the primary. Don't know if it is still made, Not sure it ever went retail, super accurate, super quiet, would imagine goofy expensive.

T.H.O.R.

Texas Lawyer, that can, imo, is as you noted, monstrously loud, even on a video.

Last edited:
about 28 oz. Takes recoil down to bb gun levels.

Certainly not too heavy for off hand shooting. There she is helping me find the targets before shooting stage 3.

Last edited: