• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does the cherry bomb mitigate recoil?

abalducci94

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2019
Upstate NY
Ive been on sort of a deep dive into the Fix and have seen a few accounts of the cherry bomb being not so good at anything other than being a suppressor mount. From what I saw the ports actually are biased forward.

Anyone know of any objective tests on how well if at all it mitigates recoil. I know for a fact it blows out massive fireballs, but any reason other than to attach a Q can to put this on a gun?

Great suppressor attachment, in fact, one of the better ones...that's sorta where it ends, sadly...
The blast mitigation device helps a little.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
It's a sacrificial baffle to help the suppressor wear, and a solid attachment point. That's it in my experience. I have a converted AAC SDN6.

Reactions: Gentleman4561
Ive been on sort of a deep dive into the Fix and have seen a few accounts of the cherry bomb being not so good at anything other than being a suppressor mount. From what I saw the ports actually are biased forward.

Anyone know of any objective tests on how well if at all it mitigates recoil. I know for a fact it blows out massive fireballs, but any reason other than to attach a Q can to put this on a gun?
My buddy runs it, IMHO it does not mitigate recoil. The bronze color is dope though. :LOL:

Reactions: camocorvette
It doesn't really mitigate any recoil that I can perceive. But they do have the bottle rocket attachment which is a 2 chamber brake/thread protector. That I hear is quite effective

No, not really.

It's far from optimal on a bolt gun. Makes a great suppressor host, it's a very elegant mounting system, but I wouldn't recommend it for a bolt gun that's going to be shot much unsuppressed.

I wish that there was better muzzle device options that use the Q Plan B system, or at least could attach to the Q Plan B system. I'm trying to get one company that makes excellent self timing brakes to make a self timing muzzle brake that will mount to the Plan B thread.

I would take a look at Rearden MFG: https://www.reardenmfg.com/product-category/muzzle-devices/muzzle-brakes/

I have a 300 Win Mag that is fairly lightweight so recoil mitigation is really needed. My first suppressor won't get out of Form 4 jail until later in the season. So I've been looking at lightweight muzzle device solutions. Would the Q Cherry Bomb be the worst choice for it? Huge fireballs aren't a problem. It just seems easier and lightweight (one of the lightest muzzle devices short of a Rearden Minimalist). Goal is to reduce POI shift/reduce dispersion as much as possible before adding a can.

Any recoil reduction is more than compensated for by the increased concussion. The Cherry Bomb is appropriately named, if nothing else.

I agree that it is a good suppressor mounting option. But, I wouldn’t expect it to be substantially less effective than any other radial brake.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I have a 300 Win Mag that is fairly lightweight so recoil mitigation is really needed. My first suppressor won't get out of Form 4 jail until later in the season. So I've been looking at lightweight muzzle device solutions. Would the Q Cherry Bomb be the worst choice for it? Huge fireballs aren't a problem. It just seems easier and lightweight (one of the lightest muzzle devices short of a Rearden Minimalist). Goal is to reduce POI shift/reduce dispersion as much as possible before adding a can.
not helpful for can mounting but TS Customs Ghost (1oz) and SRS brakes (also very light) will actually do something.

the Cherry Bomb will never perform anywhere near a true brake

Fired my lightweight hunter with just the cherry bomb to get my initial 100-yd zero, and it did nothing to mitigate recoil that I could perceive…. Nice fireballs though, LoL!

i-rjTdqj3.jpg

As pointed out above, it makes for a great lightweight suppressor host though.

i-mfKR8Lz.jpg

I wouldn't mind blasting out some fireballs at the range with my 300 Win Mag. But going down this rabbit hole, I discovered the Q Bottle Rocket. It's a 2-chamber brake that screws onto the Cherry Bomb using the Plan B threads. I realize it might be dumb to put a brake onto a "brake", but this is until the Form 4 approval comes through for my rifle cans and I still need to shoot the rifle this year. Watching some demo's of someone shooting their Q The Fix with the Cherry Bomb, Bottle Rocket, Whistle Tip, and you can see the Bottle Rocket noticeably reduced recoil. I just haven't seen any other testing for 300 Win Mag or much testing at all with the Bottle Rocket
Action begins 5:38 for the comparison

Last edited: