• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Does the cherry bomb mitigate recoil?

abalducci94

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2019
Upstate NY
Ive been on sort of a deep dive into the Fix and have seen a few accounts of the cherry bomb being not so good at anything other than being a suppressor mount. From what I saw the ports actually are biased forward.

Anyone know of any objective tests on how well if at all it mitigates recoil. I know for a fact it blows out massive fireballs, but any reason other than to attach a Q can to put this on a gun?

Great suppressor attachment, in fact, one of the better ones...that's sorta where it ends, sadly...
The blast mitigation device helps a little.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
It's a sacrificial baffle to help the suppressor wear, and a solid attachment point. That's it in my experience. I have a converted AAC SDN6.

Reactions: Gentleman4561
Ive been on sort of a deep dive into the Fix and have seen a few accounts of the cherry bomb being not so good at anything other than being a suppressor mount. From what I saw the ports actually are biased forward.

Anyone know of any objective tests on how well if at all it mitigates recoil. I know for a fact it blows out massive fireballs, but any reason other than to attach a Q can to put this on a gun?
My buddy runs it, IMHO it does not mitigate recoil. The bronze color is dope though. :LOL:

Reactions: camocorvette
It doesn't really mitigate any recoil that I can perceive. But they do have the bottle rocket attachment which is a 2 chamber brake/thread protector. That I hear is quite effective

No, not really.

It's far from optimal on a bolt gun. Makes a great suppressor host, it's a very elegant mounting system, but I wouldn't recommend it for a bolt gun that's going to be shot much unsuppressed.

I wish that there was better muzzle device options that use the Q Plan B system, or at least could attach to the Q Plan B system. I'm trying to get one company that makes excellent self timing brakes to make a self timing muzzle brake that will mount to the Plan B thread.

I would take a look at Rearden MFG: https://www.reardenmfg.com/product-category/muzzle-devices/muzzle-brakes/

I have a 300 Win Mag that is fairly lightweight so recoil mitigation is really needed. My first suppressor won't get out of Form 4 jail until later in the season. So I've been looking at lightweight muzzle device solutions. Would the Q Cherry Bomb be the worst choice for it? Huge fireballs aren't a problem. It just seems easier and lightweight (one of the lightest muzzle devices short of a Rearden Minimalist). Goal is to reduce POI shift/reduce dispersion as much as possible before adding a can.

Any recoil reduction is more than compensated for by the increased concussion. The Cherry Bomb is appropriately named, if nothing else.

I agree that it is a good suppressor mounting option. But, I wouldn’t expect it to be substantially less effective than any other radial brake.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I have a 300 Win Mag that is fairly lightweight so recoil mitigation is really needed. My first suppressor won't get out of Form 4 jail until later in the season. So I've been looking at lightweight muzzle device solutions. Would the Q Cherry Bomb be the worst choice for it? Huge fireballs aren't a problem. It just seems easier and lightweight (one of the lightest muzzle devices short of a Rearden Minimalist). Goal is to reduce POI shift/reduce dispersion as much as possible before adding a can.
not helpful for can mounting but TS Customs Ghost (1oz) and SRS brakes (also very light) will actually do something.

the Cherry Bomb will never perform anywhere near a true brake

Fired my lightweight hunter with just the cherry bomb to get my initial 100-yd zero, and it did nothing to mitigate recoil that I could perceive…. Nice fireballs though, LoL!

i-rjTdqj3.jpg

As pointed out above, it makes for a great lightweight suppressor host though.

i-mfKR8Lz.jpg

I wouldn't mind blasting out some fireballs at the range with my 300 Win Mag. But going down this rabbit hole, I discovered the Q Bottle Rocket. It's a 2-chamber brake that screws onto the Cherry Bomb using the Plan B threads. I realize it might be dumb to put a brake onto a "brake", but this is until the Form 4 approval comes through for my rifle cans and I still need to shoot the rifle this year. Watching some demo's of someone shooting their Q The Fix with the Cherry Bomb, Bottle Rocket, Whistle Tip, and you can see the Bottle Rocket noticeably reduced recoil. I just haven't seen any other testing for 300 Win Mag or much testing at all with the Bottle Rocket
Action begins 5:38 for the comparison

Last edited: