• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes does this exist? Fixed 6x w/mil-dot&bdc turrets

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
Looked high and low for one of hte old school leupold fixed 6x's with mil-dots and m3 turrets......can't find one

Is there any other optic out there that duplicates it??

Re: does this exist? Fixed 6x w/mil-dot&bdc turrets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looked high and low for one of hte old school leupold fixed 6x's with mil-dots and m3 turrets......can't find one

Is there any other optic out there that duplicates it??
</div></div>

SWFA Has what your looking for on the sample list: http://www.samplelist.com/

9898 Leupold 6X42 Mark 4 Matte finish, duplex reticle, 30mm tube, M3 target knobs, side focus, light ring marks $999.95

I have an M8 6x on my 270WSM and once I get the drops out to 500 yards I am leaning seriously on sending it back to Leupold....either for a std Mil-dot and a drop marked elevation turret or a drop compensating reticle...not sure on which way to go...I belive that Leupold will do whatever you want done if you pay them and it is feasable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an M8 6x on my 270WSM and once I get the drops out to 500 yards I am leaning seriously on sending it back to Leupold....either for a std Mil-dot and a drop marked elevation turret or a drop compensating reticle...not sure on which way to go...I belive that Leupold will do whatever you want done if you pay them and it is feasable. </div></div>

That's the one beauty of a Leupold; modularity after the sale. For my own uses I call them Mark 3's. Take any V-III or FX-III, add turrets, and a mildot or TMR reticle and you have Mark 3. Not quite as good as a real Mark 4, but better IMHO than the Mark 2's Leupold peddles.

I've done just that with a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40mm LR I just bought on closeout, $500. for the scope, plus $280 to Leupold for M1 turrets, and TMR reticle. For a total of $780. I have a Junior Mark 4 (or Mark 3 as I call it), that near equals what Leupold sells for a street price of around $1100. I can buy a lot of ammo or reloading stuff for that $300 difference.

Someone who puts their life on the line or saves the lives of others, really need a real Mark 4 or NightForce, or USO, or S&B. The rest of us paper punchers or hunters can get by with a little less.

Bob

If you watch Ebay, you can find a mk4 m3 6x from time to time, and also the target m8 with AO MD and target turrets Could have one of those converted over to M1 turrets. Quite a bit of elevation in those scopes iirc.

The 6x mk4 is really a gem. A perfect field scope.

Burris also makes/made a 6x HBR scope that is well regarded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Samplelist seems really overpriced to me. </div></div>

Hell yeah! for used scopes yeah, a lil high o, and ya gotta love those "suggested retails"