• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dog crate deals

FWoo45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2020
NorKal
I've always just used the cheapo plastic crates for my dogs. Let a buddy borrow the one I had and he fucked up the latch so I just gave it to him. Looking to get something higher quality for my wire haired pointer. I see Gunner crates are $100 off right now. I'm a poor so $600 still seems high, are they worth it? Obviously if they can actually save my buddy in a wreck, I'd gladly drop the coin, I'm just not convinced that they would be much better than a cheapo. Any other brands that I should be looking at?

Same experience with Pet Smart throw-aways. Our Aussie would eventually chew through the side vents, busted latches, etc.
Got the Dakota 283 "G3 Large" probably 5-6 yrs ago and still solid, easy to clean.

G3-Large
Looks like may have a 25% off sale.

Reactions: FWoo45
Gunners are worth every penny. I run up and down the road a run chasing ducks and know multiple guys who’s dogs have been alright after wrecks. It’s a buy once cry once deal

Reactions: Leftie and FWoo45
I had a full metal one good quality....well guess my German Shepard got mad that she was in it and literally bent the shit out of the door to get out of it. There goes 350 bucks.....

I came home and thought my son forgot to put her in it that morning, but nope, she fucked up that one for sure.

Doc

ETA:

I wish I had a camera going to watch that fuckery.

Ordered an Intermediate Gunner this evening. Disappointed that the BF/CM $100 off didn't apply to open box models but whatever. May be on the smallish size but my understanding is that the crash resistance is based on a more compact space so I errored on that side. Our hunting commuttes are all 30 min or less so he wont live in it. God forbid, it has to be better than the inside or bed of a silverado. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: NFAJohn
Ordered an Intermediate Gunner this evening. Disappointed that the BF/CM $100 off didn't apply to open box models but whatever. May be on the smallish size but my understanding is that the crash resistance is based on a more compact space so I errored on that side. Our hunting commuttes are all 30 min or less so he wont live in it. God forbid, it has to be better than the inside or bed of a silverado. Thanks for all the help.
You wont be disappointed in it. I'd put a little blue Loctite on the threads as you assemble the two halves, I was cleaning one of our up one evening and I had a stud backing out, hasn't been an issue since.

Reactions: FWoo45