• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Done lurking but still lots to learn

thelaststraw

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2020
SW Louisiana
Been lurking this forum among many others. After moving from NY to Louisiana, I got into practical shooting (USPSA). Naturally that evolved into the black rifles...and well that is evolving rapidly! After I built a pair of 300 Blks for me and the Mrs (hers was first and her idea, a real keeper), I found how versatile the AR platform is.

It goes without saying but two short barrel/suppressed Blackouts are only good for a few things. I have learned a lot on here and am working on my next "do-all-SPR-type" build. I don't hunt but have had an itch for punching paper and ringing steel much farther out than a 7.5" .300 Blk can. I'm here to scratch that itch.

Not real bad actually, father was born here and spent a month or two every year here my whole childhood. I also lived way upstate in NY, cows and cornfields. Learning just how unbelievably strict gun laws were in NY was eye-opening though. The day I found out I could just go to my LGS and buy a pistol was the day I bought my first pistol! LOL