• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Don't bother odering from Brownells....

bachelorjack

Retired Pirate of Leisure
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    www.snipershide.com
    SO I placed an order last Monday, the 3rd. Never got a confirmation that it shipped with tracking. Did get an email that my order had been processed and would ship shortly.

So a few days past and I check their website and it shows as "has shipped" and I think all is well.

NOPE.

I call today to obtain an actual tracking number since it still hasn't arrived. And they tell me their system has been down since Tusedays the 4th and haven't shipped an order since. Nor have the pulled stock and reconciled orders vs what they actually have.

I'm pissed. And the lady didn't seem to think it was a big deal. It's been a week and they couldn't be bothered to notify their customers of the delay or potential back orders.

Re: Don't bother odering from Brownells....

That sux. Seems they could send out a mass email and let folks know about the problem. Wonder if some kid/hacker screwed their computer system .

I am in the same position, ordered a scope Tuesday, called Thursday to see why my order was in "being Picked status" and the item page is now showing "out of stock" they said their system was down and should be up by last Friday. Called this morning and the lady said they did manually ship out stuff this weekend but couldn't confirm if mine was.

I've been using Brownell's since the 70s and I've never had a problem. All I got was excellent service.

I'm sure of the millions of orders they filled some glitch popped up, but I wont stop using them.

We did send a mass e-mail last week to let our customers know we were experiencing issues. It's possible that it went to your junk folder. As of now we are shipping some orders, but our system is not up to 100% capacity at this time. For orders placed with us from 10/4 to 10/7, the easiest way to check if your order was shipped is to check with your bank or credit card to see if your card was charged. If you were charged, then your order was shipped and you will be receiving tracking information soon. If you have not yet been billed, then we are still working through your order. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this has caused.

Screw Brownell's. You can get the same stuff from Midway and the prices aren't that much higher. Also, Midway has never screwed up one of my orders in more than 20 years (except that time they shipped the wrong items).

I've never had a problem with Brownells but I like Midway's website better and the discount codes have saved me thousands so...

Brownell's has never let me down!

The last order I made through them was put in on a Wednesday afternoon... Confirmed later that night... and arrived that Friday!

I feel sorry for whomever is willing to write a dependable source off, just because of a RARE glitch!

*Shakes head, with a facepalm*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownell's has never let me down!

The last order I made through them was put in on a Wednesday afternoon... Confirmed later that night... and arrived that Friday!

I feel sorry for whomever is willing to write a dependable source off, just because of a RARE glitch!

*Shakes head, with a facepalm* </div></div>
    So you're a customer for like because you got your order in 3 days, and I'm a fool because 7 days later it has not even been shipped.

I also did not get an email saying the order would be delayed until XX date or whatever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brownells Inc.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My time would be better spent processing orders by hand or fixing the system than trying to do damage control on the internet.</div></div>The lady I spoke with on the phone seemed to think it wasn't a big deal. She also assured me the system would be back up by the COB today. So is it?......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw Brownell's. You can get the same stuff from Midway and the prices aren't that much higher. Also, Midway has never screwed up one of my orders in more than 20 years (except that time they shipped the wrong items). </div></div>

So they have screwed up before....

Shit, this is just silly.

When I was a kid, like a lot of you are now, we mailed ordered stuff from Mongtomery-Wards, or Sears, and yeah, even Brownell's.

Translated, that meant you hand wrote on an order form, MAILED that and a check or MO to them, they cleared the check/MO, processed the order, and then MAILED the goods to you. The whole thing took WEEKS......not days.

Try being 12 years old and waiting three weeks for a Williams rear sight to come in the mail, that you already spent weeks on mowing grass and busting firewood to raise the money for.

At least we live in a place where it's possible to trade firearm related items via the web, and mail....and actually get the stuff light years ahead of the old days.

Life could be a damn sight worse than waiting a few extra days for some gadget or gizmo from Brownell's to show up on the doorstep, because, ironically, that computer system we hail as Almighty God failed a little bit.

Gotta love this instant gratification society we've so eagerly evolved ourselves into..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, this is just silly.

When I was a kid, like a lot of you are now, we mailed ordered stuff from Mongtomery-Wards, or Sears, and yeah, even Brownell's.

Translated, that meant you hand wrote on an order form, MAILED that and a check or MO to them, they cleared the check/MO, processed the order, and then MAILED the goods to you. The whole thing took WEEKS......not days.

Try being 12 years old and waiting three weeks for a Williams rear sight to come in the mail, that you already spent weeks on mowing grass and busting firewood to raise the money for.

At least we live in a place where it's possible to trade firearm related items via the web, and mail....and actually get the stuff light years ahead of the old days.

Life could be a damn sight worse than waiting a few extra days for some gadget or gizmo from Brownell's to show up on the doorstep, because, ironically, that computer system we hail as Almighty God failed a little bit.

Gotta love this instant gratification society we've so eagerly evolved ourselves into.......... </div></div>

but you paid much less for it as well.

Im just saying, no disrespect intended but this is why they charge dubble for shipping than it cost, this is why what was 10.00 is now 50.00

Respectly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, this is just silly.

Gotta love this instant gratification society we've so eagerly evolved ourselves into.......... </div></div>

Im just saying, no disrespect intended but this is why they charge dubble for shipping than it cost, this is why what was 10.00 is now 50.00

Respectly </div></div>

Gas was 60 cent a gallon back then too, and mowing the neighbor's yard netted a whopping 50 cent....so what's your point?

This isn't an economics 101 lesson about the rate of inflation, it's all about growing accustomed to expecting things to come instantly.....and then crying the blues when it doesn't for some rare reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, this is just silly.

Respectly </div></div>

Gas was 60 cent a gallon back then too, and mowing the neighbor's yard netted a whopping 50 cent....so what's your point?

This isn't an economics 101 lesson about the rate of inflation, it's all about growing accustomed to expecting things to come instantly.....and then crying the blues when it doesn't for some rare reason. </div></div>

point taken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownell's has never let me down!

So you're a customer for like because you got your order in 3 days, and I'm a fool because 7 days later it has not even been shipped.

I also did not get an email saying the order would be delayed until XX date or whatever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brownells Inc.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My time would be better spent processing orders by hand or fixing the system than trying to do damage control on the internet.</div></div>The lady I spoke with on the phone seemed to think it wasn't a big deal. She also assured me the system would be back up by the COB today. So is it?...... </div></div>

I hope Midway never messes up your order, you won't have anywhere to order parts from!
    shocked.gif

What Tripwire said.

Hell, if my parts showed up on time I might feel like I had to go to work on time.

Calm down folks. It'll be all right tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownell's has never let me down!

</div></div>

Well if you're trying to come on here trying to dissuade members on here from ordering, or doing business with this company... You're a fool!

Like many others, I've spent thousands with Brownells and Miday as well as others. Sometimes stuff is back ordered and sometimes shit happens. Give it a rest. It's not worth getting all bent for a mistake. It's sure not fair to a vendor to get blasted when they have supported the people of this site for years. Your complaint doesn't hold water and blasting a quality vendor Like that won't get you far with honest people either.

Is it just me or are there tons of threads lately with people bitching about service from big name companies? What the hell is going on?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, this is just silly.

Awesome. They world had changed dramatically since then. Just like we no longer grow our own food, nor need daylight savings time because we don't all live on family farms, your point has no bearing. We now use a compass to backup our gps in oceanic voyages, instead of relying on the stars...just thought you would like to know. I hear at one point it was common practice to bleed people out to reduce fevers.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 671RTO9513</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, if my parts showed up on time I might feel like I had to go to work on time.

Calm down folks. It'll be all right tomorrow. </div></div>
    Some of us are ordering on commercial accounts for business reasons. The failure of a supplier to notify us of a delay in shipment is a big deal. Further, it usually has less impact on us than it does on our customers. That means you....

That's the big deal. The items I ordered, aren't for me. I'm standing here, championing those people's cause. Does that change things for any of you?
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like many others, I've spent thousands with Brownells and Miday as well as others. Sometimes stuff is back ordered and sometimes shit happens. Give it a rest. It's not worth getting all bent for a mistake. It's sure not fair to a vendor to get blasted when they have supported the people of this site for years. Your complaint doesn't hold water and blasting a quality vendor Like that won't get you far with honest people either. </div></div>
    No one seemed to care today when I called. So I posted this so other members, especially industry folks, wouldn't also be put into a bind with their customers. As has been stated--there are other options. And until Brownells get's their problems fixed they are not a viable option.

I didn't have their attention today. No big deal. I can assure you I have their attention now.

I bet you do have their attention. Kind of like the guy that pissed down the back of TAB Gear and look where that got him!

Careful what bridges you burn, never know when you might need to cross them again.

wink.gif

Brownells prices are a rip-off,the only time I ever use them is when Midway doesnt have what I need.I sure wish Midway would start carring Cerakote!

i have never had a problem with brownells i order 1/3 of my stuff from them 1/3 from midway and 1/3 from cabelas and i have only ever had problems with cabelas

I've been doing business with Brownell's since 1982. Always got excellent service.
    Sometimes in this age of computers, shit happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Awesome. They world had changed dramatically since then. Just like we no longer grow our own food, nor need daylight savings time because we don't all live on family farms, your point has no bearing. We now use a compass to backup our gps in oceanic voyages, instead of relying on the stars...just thought you would like to know. I hear at one point it was common practice to bleed people out to reduce fevers.
    </div></div>

The point I made is the point you obviously missed......

Brownell's came on this very thread, YOUR thread, explained the situation to YOU and apologized to YOU, and told the whole damn world they were dealing with the problem.

You could try growing the hell up..........

Batchelor Jack

I don't order stuff from Brownells for shits and giggles. It's for other people. I've been in this business for 25 years and have learned it's a lot easier to plan ahead a little. Doin everything right up to the wire will get you in jams all the time.

Do you honestly think Brownells wants this to happen? This is how they make their money. Notice they are not charging anyone's accounts until the items can be shipped.

Oh, and what Kinsman said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should have have ordered a bottle of water too, then you could have washed the sand out of your pussy.

Being Air Force you probably bitched when the ice cream machine and VCR didn't work on your 90 day deployment to the rear. </div></div>

Wanted to save this gem. Looks like not a moment too soon huh?....

I spend 5-10k a year at brownells. Sometimes shit happens but they have taken care of it ASAP. Midway on the other hand can suck it with thief shipping prices and small order fee's. Brownells does have a bit higher prices but getting a discount really helps out with that. Even if it does coat a bit more the customer service is worth every penny.

Brownells has never once let me down, in I don't know how many orders, they've always taken care of any mix up ASAP. Shit happens I guess, but you are free to shop wherever you want. What did you buy?

I've placed a couple dozen orders through them the last couple years and never had a problem. They've always been spot-on. Oh wait.....one item was back-ordered 2 weeks once. Damn them....damn them to hell!!!
    smile.gif

Brownells is still gtg for me.

Too much goood service from Brownells to ditch them over a small incident.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never had a problem with Brownells but I like Midway's website better and the discount codes have saved me thousands so... </div></div>

I have to agree. Even though I have bout some items I could not find on midway. Midway has a cleaner looking site, and it is easier to find items.

Wow! No one has a problem waiting 6 months for a build! But Brownells goes down for a few days and suddenly they are bad guys to deal with? I been dealing with them for 20 some years with no real problems. Somebody give this clown a tampon.

I placed an order on thursday the 6th and when I was checking out there on the top of the page was a large banner stating shipping delays. No big deal, My order has shipped and will be here tomorrow. Will buy from them again.

When you factor computer systems into anything critical.... shit WILL happen eventually.

When you are ready to accept that and move on, your life will become easier.

Ordered from Brownells for the first time about two weeks ago. Order arrived without a hitch.

Call customer service and tell them what your problem is, I'm sure they'll take care of you and set things straight.

Brownells has been nothing but EXCELLENT for me. When I had a problem with a 22 conversion kit, I called and was able to talk to a rep who had quite a bit of experience with them. His advice didn't work, it was a problem with the kit, so I returned it. No questions asked. Sure, their prices are a bit more than Midway, but if you have a dealer account, they are cheaper than Midway, also using a dealer account. Midway can get stuff to me in 3 days, Brownells usually takes 5, but if I don't need something in a hurry and Brownells carries it for a bit cheaper, I'll order from them. They are both great companies.

Brownells has always been my go-to company. Always had great sevice. The fact that Brownells came on here and explained that they did send out a mass e-mail, explaining the problem should end the controversy.

I use both, and with a FFL get dealer pricing; but still find some things available on one site not the other and prices can vary enough it makes the 1-2 minute search at both sites worthwhile. Dozens of orders with both, never a problem, BUT, I do find shipping from Brownell's to be faster and cheaper than Midway so I always take this into account ( like priority mail ordered Sunday arriving Friday from Midway. Brownell's will ship first class and it generally takes 2 days and is far cheaper.)

I ordered form them on Monday afternoon and the tracking number shows it's on the UPS truck getting delivered to my door today.

+100! Just think how much this is costing Brownells! Give them a break!

In the scale of Brownell's orders..... hate to say this but this guys order probably doesnt even come close to what some large stores order. I know gunsmiths that will drop a fair bit of coin with Brownell's to keep their shelves stocked with the necessities. This is really no sweat off their back money wise but it could hurt them in the public relations department.

I for one, have always had good service from them. I do call my orders in though to be able to check stock.

Just checked my account and I have averaged 1-2 orders a month for the last 4 years from Brownell's. I have yet to have a mistake made by them. I have, however made a few mistakes or ordered the wrong item. In each instance they fixed MY mistake with zero hassle whatsoever, even replacing an order I did not receive that was recorded as delivered by UPS with no charge to me.

The recent shipping snafu did affect two of my orders, however, exactly as described I received immediate email notification that shipping would be delayed. The delay wound up being two days longer than normal.

I have nothing but good to say about Brownell's. They are certainly GTG.

Midway on the other hand can smell my hole!

Same boat here been almost 2 weeks and every email and call is met with the same non concern attitude and answer. I understand shit happens and I have never had a complaint about Brownells but some idea of when an order will go out would be nice when a persons business relies on parts arriving. I keep getting the "its being processed" answer and yet my account has said "being picked" for a week. I keep asking for a possible time that it can be expected and never get a straight answer. Hey you have a SNAFU no problem but are we gonna get our orders soon or should we temporarily go elsewhere?

I'll add my two cents worth and I am looking at it from a different perspective, from that of the programmer.

My system & programs feed both the NJ State Police and court system. Yes, some of us get that 3 AM call with the main frame operator saying, ah, Maxwell, YOU have a problem. Just wonderful. Those systems have to be up and there are no excuses.

Now I understand the frustration of everyone here & I hope I don't get to experience what some are going thru. However if there is a server or JAVA or what ever else bug, finding it could be like a really bad dream. I don't know if they have their own IT staff or it is out sourced but I'd just say it will get here when it gets here. Stuff happens.

Maxwell

I don't disagree, stuff does happen and I do understand that they are likely doing everything they can to fix it but when a persons order needs to arrive timely in order to keep their own business from being damaged or behind I would think the frustrations are justified. I don't hold a grudge against brownells as they have always been a pleasure to deal with I just wish a little more information would be given on projected time frames of when orders would be filled and if it is going to be awhile then business would have to temporarily go to another vender. The dissapointment and frustration only compunds when every answer is " its being processed soon" and the account remains "being picked" instead of an honest timely assessment of order being sent even if its not in the time frame you want to hear.