• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing DON'T STRETCH THE TRUTH !!!!!

Re: DON'T STRETCH THE TRUTH !!!!!

.243, took a few rounds to get there. He let me bring it in.

IMG_2131.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centerfire1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Middle of the hunting season. Any new zip code to zip code kills??? Let's hear about it.</div></div>

I'd love to brag about my long distance kill this year, truth is a heavy 8 walked out 75 yards from me.

Longest: Colorado P-Dog, 1230 Laser Verified, 12-18 MPH wind 6.5x284, 139 Scenar, got him with the 3rd shot. 1.8 mils left wind.

Recent: July 2009, B Springbok, 690 yards, 308 Win, Corbon 168 Tripleshock, GAP Non-Typical Hunter.

368503295.jpg

May've had some ghogs longer BUT.
My First buck 4pt...

365 paces (standard full step type), prone off of pack, 6.5-20 leupy

Shot with "Skinner" (Sendero SF 7mm Rem Mag.)
140gr Nosler BT over 66.5 of 4831sc and win
primer.

Shot was a lil off but ended up slamming'm hard enough to have'm on his back with all 4 hooves in the air. Was right around that time that rap about get your damn hands up was out..."he got his damn hooves up." So i have an odd sense of humor.
Oh ...an this was witnessed by good friend who was letting me hunt his family farm we were watching a field at the end of the day. Was about to shoot a doe when bucky stepped out. He confirmed and "ok'd" the shot. Actually was more along the lines of:
Me: "Ok to shoot that one?"
Friend: "Kill that f**ker"
Skinner: "BANG"
Friend: "Holy Shit you got'm"

finally broke the 1000 yard mark on a coyote -- 1075 2 witnesses with leica's. took 5 shots,,, had a helluva time getting consecutive shots since he was on a river bottom with cattle but finally got the last 2 off right after each other and the 180 crumpled him. Got 2 of them this at 730,, well one right at 730 and one ranged 733 (on different days).. witnesses on those as well but it took 2 shots on one..

got a contest tomorrow so hopefully a couple long ones fall down to add to the tally.

Farthest kill, duck at 125 yards head shot, in front of three witnesses.

In Chandler, AZ with friends from Austin who came up for a couple of rounds and a few drinks. Don't remember now what hole, I was the first one up, teed up by the pond, shank the ball with the driver, ball flew straight barely a foot over the water and smacked one of the ducks on the other side. It was a nice head shot. Dead Duck....

Lucks and I took two whitetail does at over 500 last weekend. He was shooting a .308 with 175 Bergers and I was on my .260 Surgeon.

Caribou
300 WSM Browning Abolt
180gr Winchester Supreme Accubond
619 yards per Swarov LRF with crosswind (actually held off animal with mildot for wind)
Leupold Vari X 3 4.5x14x50mm with Premier Gen 2 (when they actually still worked on Leupolds)
Shot from Top of pack in prone position going downhill

Mule deer this year at 644 had a spotter just a great hunt a management deer it was a hoot. Not going to say where I hit him. Nobody would believe it anyway. Used the 308 155 scenars

Deer at 660. 2nd shot. Deer at 575 first round hit. Several at 500 and in first round hit.

Goose at 730 first round hit.

Rem. 700 .308 LTR 20" with Leupold 3.5-10x40 and AWC suppressor.

Just got a GAP Templar .308 20" with NF 3.5-15 and Sandstorm suppressor. Should be a little easier now.

My buddy used my suppressed .223 700 with SuperSniper to shoot a Groundhog at 450 across a valley.

-dan

mine was with a bow we had just set up a 3d big horn ram target when this blow fly landed on the kill area when we reached 47 yards which is the flattest part of the yard i told my friend i was going to shoot the fly and let the arrow fly my 2213 hit it solid enough to splatter it.

Smacked a yote at 523yds with my M40A1 using 168 Federal match. Spun him like a top.

Hit a yote alot further than that on my 5th try with a 223 55grn fmj but I won't disclose how far in fear of the "b**l s**t" flag being thrown.

5X6 bull elk at 855yrds
5X5 bull elk at 825yrds
several bucks 475-525yrds
7.82 Warbird
Rem 700
Lilja 27" fluted
6.5-20 Leupold
180 Accubond