• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dont update Kestrel 5700 to firmware 1.17!!!!

I’m also on build 121 now- the build that fixed my issue.

I’d still suggest updating the app. Even if it doesn’t solve the problem, there was clearly some kind of glitch in the older app- who knows what could activate it, then you’re frustrated with two problems.

Even though FW 1.17 seemed to be the problem on my new 5700 Elite Balistics (as above) I figured that I had nothing to lose by taking your advice to upgrade to Build 121 of the app. I deleted Build 118, rebooted the iPhone, deleted all gun profiles on the Kestrel, rebooted it, confirmed no gun profiles remained and downloaded Build 121to the iPhone. Lo and behold, problem resolved - profiles transferred in overwrite mode with no problem and BCs on Kestrel displayed correctly! So I would also encourage anyone having problems with FW 1.17 to try it with app Build 121.

Reactions: DP425 and Holliday
FYI: There is a Set Latitude button now in the latest Kestrel LiNK Ballistics program however this button was intended to work with the latest firmware, so if you have fw 1.15 or earlier, it will not populate that field. Updating to firmware 1.18 which we hope to have out later this week will resolve that issue and allow you to automatically transfer the Latitude from your phone to the Kestrel.

Reactions: Holliday and M289
FYI: There is a Set Latitude button now in the latest Kestrel LiNK Ballistics program however this button was intended to work with the latest firmware, so if you have fw 1.15 or earlier, it will not populate that field. Updating to firmware 1.18 which we hope to have out later this week will resolve that issue and allow you to automatically transfer the Latitude from your phone to the Kestrel.
Thank you for the information....Question will that 1.18 FW also include the "Easy Button" option. Just wanted to verify. I have the lastest software on my Android but my Kestrel is still on the 1.15.

Thank you.

Thank you for the information....Question will that 1.18 FW also include the "Easy Button" option. Just wanted to verify. I have the lastest software on my Android but my Kestrel is still on the 1.15.

Thank you.
Yes, Easy mode will be included on the 1.18 update which is now available through the app.

Quick start guide on Easy Mode:
https://kestrelinstruments.com/mwdownloads/download/link/id/254/

Firmware changes for 1.18: https://kestrelinstruments.com/mwdownloads/download/link/id/40/

Reactions: Holliday and M289
Just got an email from doc beach of Kestrel FW 1.18 being available through Kestrel Link ballistics app. Got build 121 of app but not showing any update being available, not showing an available update on windows Kestrel Link software as well. Anyone else having the same problem?

Reactions: mobius38
Same here. My Android updated the other day. I was thinking that maybe after the update it would prompt on the Kestrel for a FW update.

Just got an email from doc beach of Kestrel FW 1.18 being available through Kestrel Link ballistics app. Got build 121 of app but not showing any update being available, not showing an available update on windows Kestrel Link software as well. Anyone else having the same problem?

Updated mine this afternoon everything seems to be working properly. Would not update till I linked the phone with the Kestrel

Transfer your guns to the Kestrel first. Then delete the app on your phone. Re-install the app on your phone and transfer the guns from the Kestrel back to your phone app. It will alert you of an update, if you hit cancel to do it later it won't show up again until you delete the app and re-install. Kind of goofy but did this exercise a few times.

Reactions: ohaley
On, Off, deleted all entries, added new entries.......no worky.

Yep, its not updating the MV but the elevation is correct for the temp changes. Thanks! I feel better (kind of) now.

Yep, its not updating the MV but the elevation is correct for the temp changes. Thanks! I feel better (kind of) now.
Oops you were too fast. I deleted that post. I think that is just the environmentals changing the come-ups not the MV. I tried it with the MV temp switch on and off and got the same results.

Same here after you clarified it. MV On or Off same E and W changes.

Transfer your guns to the Kestrel first. Then delete the app on your phone. Re-install the app on your phone and transfer the guns from the Kestrel back to your phone app. It will alert you of an update, if you hit cancel to do it later it won't show up again until you delete the app and re-install. Kind of goofy but did this exercise a few times.
Just got done doing as you suggested and everything works fine! Thanks for the tip!(y)

1.17 and 1.18 seem to have same MV issue to me too. Perhaps it works but the MV is only changed behind the scene or is it purely environmentals?

1.17 and 1.18 seem to have same MV issue to me too. Perhaps it works but the MV is only changed behind the scene or is it purely environmentals?
I don’t think it’s working. If you try changing temp with MV Temp “ON” then “OFF”, are you seeing the same come-ups?

YES

I upgraded yesterday from the beta test version. Installed perfectly once I deleted the app and reinstalled. Even kept my settings and guns. So far seems to be working great.

I upgraded yesterday from the beta test version. Installed perfectly once I deleted the app and reinstalled. Even kept my settings and guns. So far seems to be working great.
I did the same thing last night. I don't know why we have to delete the APP and reinstall. That does not make sense!

I did the same thing last night. I don't know why we have to delete the APP and reinstall. That does not make sense!

I didn't do that. My app was at the latest build (121) though. I just turned on the app; turned on the Kestrel with BT and all was good

I didn't do that. My app was at the latest build (121) though. I just turned on the app; turned on the Kestrel with BT and all was good
Mine was also the latest build.

I reported it. I’m sure it’s an easy fix.
Any update on the MV temp bug? With temp swings from 20 to 60 degrees in the same day this update is useless to me. Anyway I can get back to V 1.15?

Any update on the MV temp bug? With temp swings from 20 to 60 degrees in the same day this update is useless to me. Anyway I can get back to V 1.15?

Have you added the adjustments and saw no change to the output? I haven't tried it yet but read elsewhere that the DROPS are different

We are investigating any reports of a MV Temp bug at this time.

The device does not look for new FW files constantly, this would be a nice drain on your mobile devices battery. Which is why users don't always see it right away.

Reactions: Monk Medic
Does anyone know why it’s not even showing a update on my app?

One thing on the AB updates, spoke with Doc about this right after it came out, is that the updates don't get "pushed out" right away.
He suggested restarting my iPhone, which I did, and still no joy.
With him still on the phone, he also mentioned deleting the app from the iPhone and reinstalling it.
That did the trick, as soon as it reinstalled it the firmware check and let me know of the update, but as other mentioned, I did lose my rifle data.
Fortunately I keep that in a notes file, and was quickly able to recreate the rifles and the ammo data, then ran it against my data books to confirm.

There are 2 methods for making this work, and have worked for users. This data usually gets pushed out around the time we put up notifications, but sometimes it is within hours and not immediate.

The first thing I would try is shutting the app down in memory, then placing the device in airplane mode, bringing it out of airplane mode and restarting the app. This brings it up for some users. If this doesn't work there is a more extreme method.

You can uninstall and reinstall the app if you want. If you do this method, transfer all profiles to the Kestrel, then transfer them back to the app once re-installed so you don't lose anything.

Reactions: Monk Medic
has anyone had issues of not being able to send profiles from their phone to theirs?

1.18 was up then pulled and new update coming next week.