• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Don't watch movies thread

kcbird

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2009
TX
I don't know if we have a thread for this. In this day and age of shitty acting and shitty story lines we need it.
Maybe this will save people a lot of wasted time and maybe some rental money. I'll start with 2 movies I recently got from the red box.

Catch the bullet: Western with fucking horrible acting, same old mind numbing story line. I was stupid enough to sit through the whole thing

Survive the game: Cop movie with Bruce Willis. Turned it off after 10-15 minutes. I couldn't tell you much about it, just fucking shitty.

john-wayne-gif-8.gif

Well, in the spirit of the thread, I submit Without Remorse. Just. Don’t.

By today’s standards, the acting of the John Wayne era was stilted and unrealistic. The stories were simplistic. And special effects, while used more sparingly, were unremarkable. But, the movies are still classics and required viewing in our family.

"American Assassin" is one of the worst movies ever. Great premise, big-ish budget, absolute garbage.

"Gemini Man" was completely ruined by too much CGI
I don't remember American Assassin, but Gemini Man was hot garbage.

Reactions: BLEE
Anal backwash lol

The Adams family 2 movie is horrible. Even my kids thought it sucked

Reactions: BLEE
I have an ever growing list of celebs I refuse to support. It started at a young age when I was old enough to grasp what a POS Jane Fonda was as a human being, I had already seen fun with Dick & Jane, I started watching a Jennifer Lopez movie and Fonda poped up, I stopped watching. I won't bore you w/my list but I'll watch a bad movie over one with an actor I hate.

I enjoyed some of the Jigsaw movies but Spiral was awful. For the entire movie Chris Rock looked like he had crapped his pants.

Zardoz. Cain't bleeve this ain't the first mentioned.

And I hate to admit I fall in with Maser. Shit.

But I was never a fan of John Twang... a box office draw and well-known movie star since what, 1935, but avoided service with a hardship deferment? "Sands of Iwo Jima", "Flying Tigers", and "Back to Bataan" are three I can come up with off the cuff where this "football injury" impersonated servicemen. He sure was able to ride horses well enough, knee problem and all. "The Duke"?!? NO. thank you.

Yeah, I know; all those guys out there claiming he "woulda" served "if he'da known" about the papers served on him. Woulda coulda shoulda. Even John Ford couldn't convince him to do his duty on his own, without a summons. NO. thank you.

Hell, even his wife, Pilar, said he became a "super-patriot" out of guilt and tried to buy his conscience back by funding "The Green Berets" and converting that minesweeper into a yacht attempting to prove to the movie fan base that he was as gung-ho as his reputation. NO. thank you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Knowing.

All Is Lost.

We watched “Transylvania 6-5000” yesterday, just because. Wow, what an awful movie, LOL. Ol’ Jeff Goldbloom probably looks back on that one and cringes. 🤣

S.W.A.T.

Any of the Fast and Furios franchise, IMO.

Gravity.

I could probably list dozens more if I really sat and thought about it.

I thought " No Country for Old Men" sucked. I watched it 3 x, and still found it slow, and boring! Totally overrated by the Hollywood snobs.

Shut your filthy mouth! 🤣 It’s definitely a slow burn movie, but I just enjoy the way it was shot, and loved Javier Bardem’s portrayal of Anton Chigurh as one crazy-ass mf’er, and I like my villans that way. The plot (while slow) seemed plausible, which makes the film feel more intense. But it’s a polarizing film for sure.

Zombie ass, toilet of the dead.
Really didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Just your typical diarrhea-spawned feces-covered zombie thriller. . From Wikipedia:

Screenshot_20211019-090805_Samsung Internet~01.jpg

Screenshot_20211019-090812_Samsung Internet~01.jpg

Edit:
Just watched this on YouTube, as expected, didn't understand a word, but this is one of the better movies I've seen recently. Imagine a Japanese version of a Gwar concert without the good music and much less gore.

Last edited:
they are all in there 60's now still in short skirts at least they were sorority sisters lol .

No Country for Old Men. Went no where. Then, just ended. Yeah, it sucked.

Open Range is another critically acclaimed movie that was slow and just sucked.

The Quick and the Dead. How did they pack so much fail into one movie? Hot garbage.

This one is going to piss off a lot of people. All of the Rocky movies sucked ass, hard.

The original True Grit is hard to watch.

I actually walked out of the theater before the last one ended. Rise of skywalker. Garbage.

Last Man Down - A post-apocalyptic action film about a soldier seeking revenge for his wife’s death during a pandemic.

On the Dud scale, ms gamboolgal and I give this a high 8 to 9 out of 10.

Do not recommend. It was beyond bad in our opinion.

Apple Movies - got us good on this one
:annoyed

However, ms gamboolgal and I hung in there and endeavored to persevere until mercifully the end came....

Link to Review follows:
Cliff Notes of Review = This is a BAD Movie
https://moviesandmania.com/2021/10/01/l ... -overview/

Trailer follows: