• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dvando20

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Just picked up an older DPMS LR308B target high profile upper with the extra high rail. It came with the original tube hand guard. What is out there for quad rails with steel barrel nuts that will allow me to keep the railed gas block? I can't find any that are tall enough to be monolithic. I will settle for something that sits low in order to run low rings and a big objective lense if need be. The quad rail from DPMS is discontinued.

Also, how durable are these rifles? Just getting into the large frame game. This is mainly going to be a DMR trainer and will be tortured a bit.

Last thing, where can original DPMS parts be found? Trying to keep it all original minus the hand guard. Already found a BCG and charging handle. Still need a DPMS 24" .308win bull barrel, stock, and lower parts kit.

How do I source all this stuff? I can't find much for the extra high rail model. And what do I need to know about this particular rifle? Pictures of upper below.
20200901_191956.jpg
20200903_190049.jpg
20200903_190117.jpg
20200903_190152.jpg
20200901_190939.jpg

Last edited:
Well parts might be tough as there is no more DPMS as a company since the owners of Remington nixed it and Bushmaster a year or so ago. I’ve seen DPMS parts for sale on CDNN and JSE Surplus but I doubt you’re going to final anything related to an extra high receiver.

Well parts might be tough as there is no more DPMS as a company since the owners of Remington nixed it and Bushmaster a year or so ago. I’ve seen DPMS parts for sale on CDNN and JSE Surplus but I doubt you’re going to final anything related to an extra high receiver.
Yeah. I researched them and found they are no longer in production. They still answer the phone, but don't even have a take down pin in stock.