• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS MK12 barrel/ spr build (update w/pics)

Re: DPMS MK12 barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bcp,

Overall, i really like them, quality, fit, function and price theyre hard to beat. Free floating and lock up is tight. Unless youre trying to build a spec mod 0 or just want the looks of the cf rail, you cant beat the midwest gen2 rail </div></div>

Yeah I just ordered one thanks. So happy I got one of those AR15performance 18" barrels before they ran out of stock, no telling when anyone will have barrels now...

They all shot great, with the hottest load being 24 gr of varget under a 77smk. That was the first group pic in my previous post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All finished up. Time to hit the range.

2EF16E1E-3456-4228-AE6E-D2D3965C9C38-23324-00000441650FEDBE.jpg

3A1F626C-A9AC-4BB2-8607-5FF031B0A213-23433-00000443667ECE87.jpg
</div></div>

Geeeeeeeze Man there is Nothing "Budget" about this rifle other than the Barrel probably...LOL

Very Nice Rifle sir!

Lol! That scope was mounted so i could test it out. Im still undecided what will permanently sit on top of it.

Just ordered an MK12, should be here in 5 days. I was looking at Brownell's AR builder, and it tells me that this barrel won't work with a rifle length free float tube. It has a rifle length gas system, so should I assume this is just because of the single rail gas block that is installed? If that is the case, I believe milling it down should be easy enough right? I wanted to go with the Hogue overmold and one of their extensions to hide as much of the pipe as possible.

Just ordered an MK12, should be here in 5 days. I was looking at Brownell's AR builder, and it tells me that this barrel won't work with a rifle length free float tube. It has a rifle length gas system, so should I assume this is just because of the single rail gas block that is installed? If that is the case, I believe milling it down should be easy enough right? I wanted to go with the Hogue overmold and one of their extensions to hide as much of the pipe as possible.

If it is rifle gas a rifle length tube (12.5") will work however if you want a 15" you will require a low-pro gas block as the DPMS one is large.

I have a set of those midwest handguards like JerseyMike has on his rifle sitting in front of me, I highly recommend them. They are beautiful.

Has anyone tried milling down the stock gas block? I can do some pretty amazing things with a milling machine and some carbide. Not really looking for a rifle with rails BCP. I wont mount anything to them anyway, so I would rather keep the clean look.

Got one of these barrels. MI g2-t rail on the way, A1 stock, all the other necessary parts, besides a BCG. Will post pics when it's put together. What do ya'll think for optics? I'm thinking a SWFA 3-9 or the new PST 2.5-10 FFP.

E4nate, if you plan on milling down the front sight/gas block then you can use whatever handguard you want. Rifle length of longer fit no prob. Shit you can put a FF carbine rail on it but itll look like shit.

E4nate, if you plan on milling down the front sight/gas block then you can use whatever handguard you want. Rifle length of longer fit no prob. Shit you can put a FF carbine rail on it but itll look like shit.

Thanks for the info Mike. I did find a diagram showing the required clearance. Working with a 100% home made recievers. We will have a thread when its done. Pics start to finish, all that stuff.