• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Duluth Police Dept. K9 Luna Killed

Cops shoulda not been in the house without a warrant.

Justice system is so screwed up and Leo have such a bad habit of killing guys like this that I don’t believe anything they or media say. If the media says he is a felon I’m more likely to believe he was a Sunday school teacher that believes in the constitution.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Robots and those that send robots to kill their fellow humans are the kind of things you can destroy and feel righteous about it.
Pretty much picture yourself as the hero of half the science fiction movies...

I hear they have problems with even random laundry or blankets on the ground.

I’d also have to know more, I mean was he holding someone hostage? Was he about to set off a bomb? Did he pose a imminent and real danger to the general public?

I know the police NEED to always “win” but if everyone in that house says “never mind go away”, just go, many times people don’t like government coming into their home to boss them around and or put them in chains, and I’d say good chance the police were called in the heat of the moment, maybe just walk away.

These are your neighbors, this ain’t war.
I agree 100%. Unless there's a nut threatening to kill his family, don't be sending the po-leece to do government sanctioned home invasions.

Back on subject, I wouldn't send my dog into a barricaded, armed suspect situation. Noop, sorry.

A quote directly from the link in the op.

K9 Luna was sent in to apprehend the suspect, at which point the suspect fired shots and hit K9 Luna, according to Ingrid Hornibrook, police information officer. “Officers returned fire, retreated from the residence, and set up a perimeter to contain the scene.”

Maybe you should get better glasses.
Maybe you should. Look at your fucking quote officers returned fire, retreated from the resince.
How the fuck did they get the dog out if they weren't inside the fucking house?

Maybe you should. Look at your fucking quote officers returned fire, retreated from the resince.

Dog ran back to its owner.

I know if mine gets scared he’ll come back to me at warp speed

Yeah, they were in "the residence", not in the room. If they were in the room and they didn't use the distraction to put 2 in the shooter, they suck at the job.

Round 1 ended with a dead police dog. Round 2 should be burning the house to the ground and shooting anything that comes out of it. Simple problems require simpler solutions....
It's a 4 unit apartment building. Not sure the other 3 tenants deserve to have their shit burned down because the landlord rented to a dirtbag (possibly, guy could have been visiting his girl at her place for all we know so far).

It's a 4 unit apartment building. Not sure the other 3 tenants deserve to have their shit burned down because the landlord rented to a dirtbag (possibly, guy could have been visiting his girl at her place for all we know so far).

Having the police called on you makes you a “dirt bag” huh

I’ve known of a “domestic” call being made because someone heard screams from a horror movie that was on too loud.

Show me on the doll where you were hurt or F’ off is my general opinion of these home raids.

Having the police called on you makes you a “dirt bag” huh

I’ve known of a “domestic” call being made because someone heard screams from a horror movie that was on too loud.

Show me on the doll where you were hurt or F’ off is my general opinion of these home raids.
Pretty sure holding your mate hostage for any length of time, makes you a dirt bag. That's a hell of a long reach you're taking to be offended by my statement. We get it, no one ever deserved to have the law called on them in your mind. Leave that sjw snowflake shit on twatter where it belongs.

Pretty sure holding your mate hostage for any length of time, makes you a dirt bag. That's a hell of a long reach you're taking to be offended by my statement. We get it, no one ever deserved to have the law called on them in your mind. Leave that sjw snowflake shit on twatter where it belongs.

I missed that part, so it was a hostage situation?

Reactions: jr81452
After reading it with my blue lens glasses I think there's a difference in opinion. And as far as pissing contests go. You can claim victory and do a happy dance cuz I really don't give a fuck about the dog or the shitbag that got him wasted for no reason. It has zero effect, or is that affect?, On my existence.
Maybe it's a poorly written article for supplying facts and details. Depending on the reader, a difference in scenarios can be seen. Since you have taken the high holy ground I doubt you will concede that. So you can carry on being a condescending bitch it's kinda fun to watch.

Reactions: vh20
After reading it with my blue lens glasses I think there's a difference in opinion. And as far as pissing contests go. You can claim victory and do a happy dance cuz I really don't give a fuck about the dog or the shitbag that got him wasted for no reason. It has zero effect, or is that affect?, On my existence.

Maybe it's a poorly written article for supplying facts and details. Depending on the reader, a difference in scenarios can be seen. Since you have taken the high holy ground I doubt you will concede that. So you can carry on being a condescending bitch it's kinda fun to watch.
It very well could be a poorly written article.
You were the one insisting you knew exactly how it went down.

I see reading comphrehension is not a strong suit with many here.
The officers were in the house with the dog when the dog was shot. They managed to bring the dog out and take it to the vet, where it died.
They didn't send the dog in alone.

A quote directly from the link in the op.

K9 Luna was sent in to apprehend the suspect, at which point the suspect fired shots and hit K9 Luna, according to Ingrid Hornibrook, police information officer. “Officers returned fire, retreated from the residence, and set up a perimeter to contain the scene.”

Maybe you should get better glasses.

It very well could be a poorly written article.
You were the one insisting you knew exactly how it went down.
Step by step from the article.
1. K9 Luna was sent in.
How the fuck are you going to send it in unless you are outside?
2. At which point the suspect fired shots and hit Luna.
3. Officers returned fire, retreated and set up a perimeter.
Retreated from where? Inside? Kinda ruled that out in number 1 above. From the front door? From the front porch? Front stairs? From a point of cover while then "sent Luna IN to apprehend the suspect"?
There's no information about how the dog was recovered if it actually needed to be. I have shot plenty of animals that travel a long way before dropping. It died in surgery so it's pretty good possibility that it exited on its own.

Now look in the mirror and read your post. Then point those fingers at the person who said they knew "exactly how it went down".
You started the bullshit about reading comprehension. If you have a different view of the above I will read it.

So, you were there? You know exactly what went down?
Could they have been in the main living area and sent the dog into a bedroom?
Maybe.
You seem really concerned about this.
Try some decaf next time.

Bwaahaha.
YOU are the one that claims that they were in the house. Now "reading comprehension" of the words "they sent Luna INTO" would leave no other option than they were outside.
YOU are the one that exclaimed that others needed reading comprehension. I just pointed out what was in the article. YOU seem to not be able to comprehend the difference between in and out.
I am pretty sure why you can't let it go. I'll not go down that road because I am confident that you will be pounding the fuck out of the report button.
So, you were there? You know exactly what went down?
Could they have been in the main living area and sent the dog into a bedroom?
Maybe.
You seem really concerned about this.
Try some decaf next time.
Decaf? That's funny. Your the one that came across with the smug bullshit about reading comprehension. I pointed out the facts in the article. You are now grasping at straws of a maybe this or that. The only facts in the story are "They sent Luna IN".
God I hope you are not involved in investigation.

From someone who has trained dogs that went to all 4 corners of the US and has been all over the US and Europe buying/training them, the life of a PSD is no more valuable than your dog at home. They are not people. Anyone who calls for harsher punishment or even equal punishment for shooting a dog and shooting a person has a very skewed perception of the reality of the situation. These dogs are tools. Plain and simple. Especially MWD. The US military left hundreds of dogs over seas simply because it was a logistical problem to get them shipped back over here. Now, to a handler, the dog is worth more to them, and obviously so. That doesn't mean that they should even come remotely close to the importance of a human life. People bond to dogs hence why we have them as pets for thousands of years. I get that. But being real, if they police sent a dog into my house after me, that dog won't walk out of it. Period. I will treat that dog as if he was any other animal that has intent on hurting me. They are not cops, they are not people. I get more angry at cops that mistreat their PSDs (happens a lot) than I do criminals that kill PSDs. I am angry at the criminal for the criminal behavior that put them in that situation to begin with. People love animals but people fall into the same trap as PETA advocates and forget that they are still animals and aren't equal to people. My .02

This is the reason I can't be friends with sensitive ass people. My sense of humor is way too fucked up for that.

Sorry, your post doesn't read like sarcasm. I just assumed you missed the fact that it was a house converted into apartments.
Building codes have special requirements for the walls separating apartment units. The apartments should have two-hour firewalls–meaning that fire in one unit will require at least two hours before breaking through the wall. This would give LE plenty of time to still burn the the unit, and shoot whoever comes out. Just making sure you are a sensitive as I suspected.

If you don’t want a dog shot don’t send it into a house uninvited. What would any of you do if attacked by a dog? Let it tackle and maul you? I like dogs but when you weaponize them bad things happen. Nature of the game.

Building codes have special requirements for the walls separating apartment units. The apartments should have two-hour firewalls–meaning that fire in one unit will require at least two hours before breaking through the wall. This would give LE plenty of time to still burn the the unit, and shoot whoever comes out. Just making sure you are a sensitive as I suspected.
It's an interesting thought process, but not likely to be applicable in this case. Duluth didn't start requiring residential buildings with less than 6 units to adhere to anything beyond basic structural codes until '98. Even after formally adopting the IBC they didn't require residential plans be designed by a licensed professional until a few years ago. In west Duluth the conversion to apartments from an SFR most likely happened in the late 80's to early 90's. But even if it happened later, I'd wager good money there is nothing but some 2x4spf and (2) layers of 1/2" wall board in the partition walls. That would be at best a 1/2hr rating per UL, and only if the joints were properly taped. Judging by the lack of a 6' 3hr rated partition sticking out of the roof, I seriously doubt that the original floor, ceiling, or roof is rated at all. Which means it's most likely still solid sawn rafters with lath and plaster.

Source: 24 years designing and drafting buildings (16 with my own firm). My wife was born and raised in Two Harbors where we still own 2 houses (1 I bought and 1 her dad left her). I've spent a good chunk of time in Duluth, and done a fair bit of work there over the years.

I never questioned your idea, merely it's application to this situation. You're whistling the wrong dog. If you think not wanting to burn out 3 people with fuck all to do with the events is overly "sensitive", then I'd suggest that all those years as a power bottom have made you a bit callous. If you stop letting random dudes face rape you, you may find the barest sense of empathy for others. Best of luck to you.

Ha

Attachments

• krhW9yWEI0x0Y.gif
    krhW9yWEI0x0Y.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Haha
Reactions: jr81452
Bwaahaha.
YOU are the one that claims that they were in the house. Now "reading comprehension" of the words "they sent Luna INTO" would leave no other option than they were outside.
YOU are the one that exclaimed that others needed reading comprehension. I just pointed out what was in the article. YOU seem to not be able to comprehend the difference between in and out.
I am pretty sure why you can't let it go. I'll not go down that road because I am confident that you will be pounding the fuck out of the report button.

Decaf? That's funny. Your the one that came across with the smug bullshit about reading comprehension. I pointed out the facts in the article. You are now grasping at straws of a maybe this or that. The only facts in the story are "They sent Luna IN".
God I hope you are not involved in investigation.
Interestingly enough, you seemed to have missed the post wherein i agreed with you that it was a poorly written article, devoid of facts.
Could be you are right, could be you are wrong.
They never went in to any detail, perp was taken out feet first with a toe tag.
Not a big deal either way.