• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

E-Dope® is now iOS compatable

Mines been working great so far with iOS and the geoballistics app. Running iOS 14 and ran it yesterday at a match using the range card feature. Worked great. Few hiccups I had with getting some errors was when I had a bunch of other apps open. The app from geoballistics paired with this card are perfect for me.

I find it very convenient as I’m using a terrapin-x with the garmin AB watch. And I laser every target at every match on the spot, as I’ve seen too many errors over time. My routine when multiple targets:

Have e-dope app open. Type in target name or indicator.
Range first target
Look at watch
Type in dope

Rinse and repeat until done. Then send data to the card.

It’s extremely fast and I don’t worry with writing anything or entering distances by hand.

Reactions: giumau1
I just closed all open apps on my phone and that seemed to restore it to working most every time.

Bummer. Just got a brand new E-Dope card in today, and I can’t get it to talk to my iPhone 11 Pro Max at all...as in not even 1 time yet. I e tried both the E-dope app & BallisticArc. I’ve tried everything mentioned here...restarting the phone, closing apps, holding the phone next to the card in various positions, standing on my head while whistling the Star Spangled Banner.
What am I missing here?
I was pretty excited to put this thing to work after seeing a friend use it so effortlessly at a recent match. I was really hoping to use it at this weekend’s NRL22X match with my 12 yr old son, as it would be so easy/fast to change & upload dope for each of our respective rifles. Uggghhh. Any other tips, tricks, or ideas?

Bummer. Just got a brand new E-Dope card in today, and I can’t get it to talk to my iPhone 11 Pro Max at all...as in not even 1 time yet. I e tried both the E-dope app & BallisticArc. I’ve tried everything mentioned here...restarting the phone, closing apps, holding the phone next to the card in various positions, standing on my head while whistling the Star Spangled Banner.
What am I missing here?
I was pretty excited to put this thing to work after seeing a friend use it so effortlessly at a recent match. I was really hoping to use it at this weekend’s NRL22X match with my 12 yr old son, as it would be so easy/fast to change & upload dope for each of our respective rifles. Uggghhh. Any other tips, tricks, or ideas?

Make sure it’s not the android version. And try it on another phone.

What am I missing here?

I got one about a month ago and like you, it connected 0 times for me. Then it would connect once out of 10 times and now it is almost 7 out of 10 times. What I found is after I load my data to it and save it, I close the app. Then I hit send with it well away from the card and wait a couple of seconds and then turn my phone where the top is pointing to almost the top of the card. Usually this works, if it doesn’t, I repeat this sequence. Good luck

Reactions: Gap 6gt
I find it very convenient as I’m using a terrapin-x with the garmin AB watch. And I laser every target at every match on the spot, as I’ve seen too many errors over time. My routine when multiple targets:

Have e-dope app open. Type in target name or indicator.
Range first target
Look at watch
Type in dope

Rinse and repeat until done. Then send data to the card.

It’s extremely fast and I don’t worry with writing anything or entering distances by hand.

almost same routine over here, using the app ad a sig kilo 3000 bdx in ABU mode. E-dope in the wrist band, off you go

I’ve tried another phone. No dice. What do you mean by “the Android version”?

They make both an Android and iOS version e-dope card. He just meant to make sure you have the correct version for your phone.

For what it's worth I could not get the card to work with my iPhoneX using methods shown online. For my phone to pair with the card I have to hold the card flat, place the back of my phone on top of the card, with half the card showing, then sync the data. Works every time now.

They make both an Android and iOS version e-dope card. He just meant to make sure you have the correct version for your phone.

For what it's worth I could not get the card to work with my iPhoneX using methods shown online. For my phone to pair with the card I have to hold the card flat, place the back of my phone on top of the card, with half the card showing, then sync the data. Works every time now.

How would I know if I have an iPhone version or an Android version? The instructions would seem to indicate that it works for either.

How would I know if I have an iPhone version or an Android version? The instructions would seem to indicate that it works for either.

The newer versions (i believe) work for both operating systems. The older ones were Android only if i remember correctly. If you bought it recently you should be good to go.

Did they change the card to work with iPhone or did Apple unlock the ability to use NFC? I just got one off of someone from here and cant get my iPhone 12 to do a damn thing with it.

Did they change the card to work with iPhone or did Apple unlock the ability to use NFC? I just got one off of someone from here and cant get my iPhone 12 to do a damn thing with it.
It says it works but it doesn’t.

My iPhone 12 pro max uber better than you mountain ultimate or whatever they call it works fine with mine.

I do have to close all apps though. Some of them like Apple Pay and other such things tie up the chip.

Also, verify you got the Apple compatible version. The E-Dope for android and Apple are separate cards, not dual compatible.

My iPhone 12 pro max uber better than you mountain ultimate or whatever they call it works fine with mine.

I do have to close all apps though. Some of them like Apple Pay and other such things tie up the chip.

Also, verify you got the Apple compatible version. The E-Dope for android and Apple are separate cards, not dual compatible.
DRS website says it works with both. No option for one or another.

How are you turning off applepay?

If I remember correct (50/50 shot at that) they changed something with the cards. The original cards were android only.

Yeah I will have to buy another one. Oh well should have done more research. I was under the assumption it was a phone compatibility issue and didn’t realize they had to change the card.
Should be able to resell it I imagine. Hopefully quickly and easily.

I love the edope card and it works well with my iphone 8 plus. Just with the font was larger in portrait mode.

I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to give credit where it is due. I have a iphone 12 pro max and the solution you suggested works perfectly. It’s crazy to have to close the app in between every send. But success is success. Thanks for posting. Also placement was key as well. You da man.

Reactions: Cajuntransplant
Having to close the app and reopen it is an issue with iOS 14. From what I understand it has to do with background scanning of the NFC, once it sends the data to the E-Dope card it automatically starts scanning again when on the previous iOS versions just stopped scanning and waited for you to hit the Send button. If any of you guys are iOS developers and know of a fix I'm all ears! Until then you will have to close the app reopen to transfer data to the E-Dope card again.

So how about I'm OCD and close every app after I use it, so I've never noticed that was an issue until now? :ROFLMAO:

Having to close the app and reopen it is an issue with iOS 14. From what I understand it has to do with background scanning of the NFC, once it sends the data to the E-Dope card it automatically starts scanning again when on the previous iOS versions just stopped scanning and waited for you to hit the Send button. If any of you guys are iOS developers and know of a fix I'm all ears! Until then you will have to close the app reopen to transfer data to the E-Dope card again.

On iOS 14.8 I'm not having this problem. I admit getting the e-dope to work at first was finicky and tested my patience.

Here's what I do:

1. Set up the targets/target card in BallisticsARC (you can edit the default names to use words instead of numbers also).
2. Put e-dope card flat against back of iphone, with half of the e-dope card showing above the top of the iPhone.
3. Click export to e-dope.

It seems to work very consistently for me. Before I got the above routine it was bad; always got a communication error. But now, with the same routine, I can export, change, export, change as much as I want without shutting down the app.

I know this is an older thread, but is the E Dope cards still functioning as they should with IOS? my chicken scratch sucks, but has worked and I want a cleaner look and not having dope cards and alcohol spray everywhere!!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
Mine works fine no issues. iPhone XR.

Reactions: Defender32
Anyone get this to work with the kestrel app now that they have multiple target cards?

Guys,

E-Dope will only work with iOS (IPhone) and Android phones or devices with Near Field Communication (NFC). Its the little chip that allows you to tap and pay for items at stores and what not. It would be pretty awesome if they did put NFC in the Kestrel yet until then its restricted to iOS and Android mobile devices.

Anyone get this to work with the kestrel app now that they have multiple target cards?

Supposedly it works now with the android app, but until Kestrel makes significant changes to the iOS app it will not work. It does work with other iOS apps as noted above, just not the kestrel ballistics app. As far as I know.

Reactions: seansmd
Welcome to 2015 Edope users.

Have you heard of the Kestrel HUD?
Yeah I have one of those too, and it’s bulky as shit compared to the e-dope card that works fantastic with velcro backer and a Cole Tac Cheat Sheet holder.

Guys,

E-Dope will only work with iOS (IPhone) and Android phones or devices with Near Field Communication (NFC). Its the little chip that allows you to tap and pay for items at stores and what not. It would be pretty awesome if they did put NFC in the Kestrel yet until then its restricted to iOS and Android mobile devices.
Supposedly it works now with the android app, but until Kestrel makes significant changes to the iOS app it will not work. It does work with other iOS apps as noted above, just not the kestrel ballistics app. As far as I know.
Exactly balllistic arc works fine, kestrel app falling behind