• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ear Pro w/Aftershokz head sets

D1gger

GDI
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 12, 2017
    Staunton, VA
    Does anyone have any experience with the bone conducting headsets like the Aftershokz or the Walker Raptor Bone conductors while shooting? I've been looking for a lightweight amplified ear pro for a long time. I'm not sure if the Aftershokz amplify sound like the Walkers or if they would even work while shooting. I only found 1 video on YouTube about the Walkers.
    The added benefit I see is being able to workout outside without the earpro and still have music/phone/etc.
    Thanks

Aftershox work really well, sounds like someone is talking next to you or the TV is on so you can still hear people talking, traffic etc. If you then put earplugs it makes it even louder/easier to hear them like noise cancelling headphone effect. Note you can't really wear them under earmuffs...

I have been using Aftershok for a couple years. There is no amplification of any outside sound, only what is being streamed by Bluetooth. Use foam earplugs in one ear or both depending on how much heating protection needed.

Reactions: D1gger
    I have a set of the Raptors. WOW. Nice to use regular plain old foam ear plugs and still hear ambient. The "hiss" is there at higher volumes but very tolerable (yet to find anything but full on high end ear muffs that don't have it). Bluetooth option is nice too. Music playback is not that bad at all, Phone calls are found wanting. Picked them up for work and they definitely do well.

Have not gone shooting with them but dry fire did not cause any loss in performance with cheek weld. This is a problem with the GF and her two daughters (cheek weld pushing the ear muffs up). Everyone is getting a set for X-mas.

NOTE - I have a close cropped beard and still works. Someone sporting bushy face pubs may not do so well. Ideal is skin contact.