• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Tx Target Shoot Weekend COMPLETED!!! Pics Up

Re: East Tx Target Shoot Weekend

thanks now I just need to figure out how to measure that low
my 1/4" torque wrench only goes down to 50 inch pounds.

Its not too late. But I need confirmation ASAp, like right away. Im leaving in the morning. I will pm you with info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmdakota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks now I just need to figure out how to measure that low
my 1/4" torque wrench only goes down to 50 inch pounds. </div></div>

If you bring it up, I am sure that someone (CKA) will have a torque wrench that you can use. If he doesn't, I will bring one up on Saturday am if you want to use mine.

My rings and base that I ordered from seekins will be arriving on friday evening... and I am leaving friday morning. DAMMIT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rings and base that I ordered from seekins will be arriving on friday evening... and I am leaving friday morning. DAMMIT!</div></div>

Looks like you got decisions to make huh?

Guys... It's very likely I am going to have to pull out of this.
I am scheduled to bring the following items:

2 gas powered generators
These will light up the night shoot

1 camper trailer in lue of this if if some one has a couple of extra cotsthe could bring????? I was gonna provide sleeping for me plus two.

7 steel targets. These could be replaced with paper n stands if anyone has them....

2 extra 12 ga. shotguns that u would let anybody shoot and it wouldn't kill ya if they got some handling marks?!?

Anyone??? If u can bring any of the above post it on here!
I have spoken to Stacy and he knows I possibly won't b there.
Apologies to everyone.

MGC

I have a mossberg 12g pump I will bring.

I have an 870 with a folding stock and 18" barrel I will bring.

I havent even cranked either of my generators since the last hurricane so they would probably be more trouble than they are worth.

No worries fellas. Sleeping arrangements will change some but we can deal with it. I got a 2nd shotgun. We have the shooting arrangements mostly set up and will be ok without the targets. The #2 air conditioner is not working in the camphouse so it will be cooler to open windows and put fans in them. I have 2 or 3 fans but if you have 1 please bring it. It was hot today so bring sun screen and sun protection.
Misguided child was called every name in the book except an honest white man today. That's what you can expect from a Marine. Just fucking with you brother, this is all for fun and there are more important things than this get together. Sorry you can't make it. See you other guys tomorrow.

Stacy great job. The shoot was a lot of fun and very challenging. I appreciate all the work that you put into this. Also thanks to CKA for his help, bum shoulder and all. Your mobile shooting platform is awesome! Thanks to everyone else that also helped setup.

To the sponsers, the prize table was awesome. Your support was greatly appreciated, I know I will be keeping it in mind as I am shopping for new gear.

Hey Stacy,
Mike and I both had a great time, and learned a lot too. Thanks for all of the hard work and effort you put into this well planned shoot. And for letting us be on your beautiful land you have up there. And many thanks to all of the sponsors that made cool prize donations. I cant wait for the next one... in cooler weather.lol

This was a hard little shoot, I had fun, ate great, and met some new friends, thank you.

I can't wait to make the next one... sorry I wasn't able to do this one... it was all about being the holiday weekend and having to do family stuff.

Think I'm going out to tac pro this afternoon to shoot a few off at 1000. Just got home last night and, I've got some loaded so, I think I'll to blast them away.

Im beat. Got home yesterday afternoon and Im wiped out. Good thing I have today to be a bum before going back to work tomorrow. I had a great time. Glad to meet some new people and see others from last time. The steel was a challenge for most out almost 900 yards. Couple of stages were hard enough that nobody got scores for them. I think a couple of stages took shooters by surprise with the difficulty. Especially when they found outthere wasnt enough room to shoot right handed thru a hole and they had never had to shoot left handed. Little bit of stress really throws off the shot. Shooting at a 1 inch dot at 100 yards and missing by a foot? Did you forget to reset your scope or were you just huffing and puffing? Good job all day. Thanks to the RO's and all the help from everyone. Thanks for the use of the portable shade. That was a life saver in the heat. CKA's shooting trailer was a big hit. Made a very good platform to shoot from. We made it a whole stage with pistol shots, short and long range rifle and positional. We had about 600 yard shot from it as well as the tannerite shoot from the trailer. We had some running in a timed stage that made blklabs look like Usain Bolt running thru the pasture to the deer stand. Great motivation to complete the stage Jonathan. New guys to the shooting world learned a lot I think. We were only able to get about 6 stages completed before dark but we all had a blast. Overall winner of the day was Justin Hicks. He was able to score on all of the steel targets in the 1st stage so that put him out in the lead. He was the only shooter to hit steel at the 900 yard area. The second stage was a 588yard shot at paper zombies with a 6 inch scoring ring. No hits on the scoring ring on that stage. Stage 3 was hard with a short 90 seconds to fire 4 rifle and 5 pistol shots behind walls with different positional shots. Stage 4 was a mix of pistol and rifle from 125 yards to 500 yards. Stage 5 was the running challenge having to make 7 shooting positions in a 4 minute time limit. We only had 3 or 4 people complete the stage. Justin Hicks (Dallas 12) was fastest with 2 seconds to spare. Stage 6 was the shooting trailer brought by CKA. End of the day we had some good BBQ and raffled off the prizes. I appreciate everyones safety and sportsmanship during the weekend. A lot of sweat and time went into setting up and taking down this event and I hope we get to do it again sometime in the future. Im ready for someone else to have a shoot, my rifle is tired of watching. I am putting pics on photo bucket today and hope to have some up here soon. Anyone that took pics, please email them to me as you have time. Again, thanks for all the help and all the support with your donations,

STacy Pervis

Here are a some pics.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

That looks like a fantastic time was had by all! I hope I can make the next one!

Congats to Justin, Jonathan and Ross! had a great time! I look forward to the next one
wink.gif

Had a great time and learned alot. Stacy thanks for everything we ended up driving back saturday night. Cka you are a funny guy
I look foward to getting some lessons from you later. Lastly congrats Justin.

Just wanted let you all know that I set up an account. I also wanted to say thanks for a great time this past weekend, and I can't wait to come back and shoot again.
Clifton

Thanks Stacy for putting this on and for all your hard work, it was a blast. I hope everyone that came had as much fun as I did, and thank you all for coming.

I would also like to thank Jay from North Texas Rifle Precision for the steal and shooting tower he brought, and for all reloading and shooting training he has done with me leading up to this match. I would not have done as well as I did or have the confidence with out his help.

Lastly I would like to thank all of the sponsors that donated to this shoot, they will definitely be my first choice when purchasing my shooting supplies and equipment.

Justin

Hey guys. Just got back to my computer today. Thanks a million to Stacy for being such a great host and such a great cook and for letting us use his property for this shoot. I had a great time and learned a lot for the weekend. Thanks also to CKA for the wonderful execution of Range Master and for the use of the new mobile shooting tower. Everyone else, I am glad to have met you and really enjoyed hanging out with yall and shooting together. I will have my pics up shortly. Didnt take as many as I wanted but I got a few.

Ross,
Thanks for the pics. They look great. Hope to have another shoot this fall before it freezes and after it cools down some.

Congrats to Justin on the win, with I could have joined you guys this time. I may not be the best shooter but I would have run like hell on those stages.
laugh.gif

Stacy, you are really putting on a heck of an event, please keep me in the loop for the next one in the fall. I'm already about out of excuses to make the drive next time, but if we can figure out a way to get in a hog hunt on the same weekend it would be even better!