• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Tx Target Shoot Weekend COMPLETED!!! Pics Up

Re: East Tx Target Shoot Weekend

Oh wonderful canopies, because its only going to be 100degrees and 100% humidity. Thanks as well and I will try to dig mine out and bring it too.

Yes it will be warm. ANyone having a canpoy of any type willing to bring it, please do so. This will help with shade in a couple of places. Misguided Child has no hair so we have to be careful with him since Willard aint coming to hold his umbrella.

Dude I got lots of hair. It just migrated to my back and ass.
The good part about it is, while my head now burns, plopping down on
a cold toilet is no longer an issue.
There's always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

I thought it grew inside your head instead of out. Figured thats what clouds your mind....

Guys remember to get your money in by the 14th. Im going commit to the food order the 17th and it needs to be paid for so I gotta know how much to order. Also the tannerite order will be going in on the 17th. If you dont get your money in, you wont have a tannerite target. Thanks

I gots to have my explodin' target!

I've Gotten in some donated prizes from a few gracious vendors so I have started a list on the opening post. Please have a look. Its going to be a nice bunch or prizes.

Reminder to anyone needing something to do, or just screwing off. Captain Kick Ass, Dallas12 and myself will be setting up the range and camp on Thursday and Friday before the shoot. Jawa and Misguided Child will be there early Friday to help. Anyone else wanting to get away from the wife, kids, in-laws or anything else, you are welcome to come down early. When we get done setting up, we are going to shoot steel then kick back and drink a little beer and enjoy. Its 12 miles to town and quiet, not a problem to kick back and relax.

We will have another in a few months beck. This is the 2nd this year. Gets bigger and better. Keep a look out for it again.

Since we are a small group and our get together was not about winning big prizes I'd like to give everyone attending the opportunity to win something on the prize list. Our $25 entry fee was not going to be enough to support a lot of prizes and pay for tannerite and other targets. So I spent the time to contact about 50 vendors. I have recieved and continue to recieve some very nice donations. I plan to have some sort of raffle to give out most of the prizes. The plan may change base on the number if prizes but for now each person will get raffle tickets for attending, the RO's will get a set number of tickets, each shooter will get a set number, each shooter will earn tickets based on their placing in each stage, each shooter will earn tickets based on their overall placing. We may give a prize away to the top 3 depending on the number of total prizes. I'd just like everyone to have a good time. There are no professional shooters here so I expect a fun time and maybe a close race to the finish line. I hope everyone agrees with this way of giving out prizes.

Look, I say we just say first come first serve-limit one prize per person... lol j/k. I think that is fair stacyp.

Man Stacy, you sure are making me sorry that I won't be able to make it back down for this, sounds like you guys are setting up quite an event. I will try and be ready for the next one.
cool.gif

He who waits .......Masterbates!!! You drove from Ohio last time, you can remember how to get here. Flights to Houston and Dallas everyday. Guys from both places coming you can hitch a ride with. Hope you can make it next time.

3 Weeks till the big event. Got more stuff for the prize list today. Im updating the list on the original post at the bottom. Everyone please have a look and consider these vendors when buying your gear. They are very generous and all have been helpful in getting prizes for our event.

You put up the list of prizes yet stacyp?

Yes, I have the ones that have arrived on the opening post for this topic. Look on the bottom of the original post. There are others on the way. Nice stuff for a small time contest thats only $25 per person. Everyone will get something.

Had an RO that is not going to be able to make it so we still have an extra bunk in the camp house it looks like. If someone is on the fence about coming out, let me know if you want the bunk. Got shipping confirmations for a couple more donated prizes. I will post them when they arrive.

Remember to get your money in this week. CKA is wounded right now so I dont know what his status will be come the end of the month. He should be able to come down but shooting may be hard for him. Any extra help with the range would be appreciated.

Stacy, I'll do whatever. R/O, benchwarmer, beer bitch. Whatever.

Edit to add....... In reserve status mind you. If somebody wants to jump in and volunteer, by all means it will not hurt my feelings. Just sayin if we get down there
and u need somebody, I got your back.

(to everyone else.... THAT is the proper way to suck up to the host)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: misguided child2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stacy, I'll do whatever. R/O, benchwarmer, beer bitch. Whatever.

Edit to add....... In reserve status mind you. If somebody wants to jump in and volunteer, by all means it will not hurt my feelings. Just sayin if we get down there
and u need somebody, I got your back.

(to everyone else.... THAT is the proper way to suck up to the host) </div></div>

Thanks bro. We may have to have a person here or there help out as RO as well as shoot. Maybe help score targets or run the stop watch. Im sure we will be just fine with the people we have. There are 2 other volunteer RO's coming as well as CKA. Im sure he can run the stop watch and spotting scope. Im sure he wont be able to drive posts for targets but we will get it done. My dad will be there to help as well.

Updated prize list today!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!

No Keystone?!?!?

I guess I'll just leave this at the house!

beerhorse.jpg

Nice work on the prize table though!

Anybody else a makers mark fan? I think I just got given a few bottles of it.

I ain't opposed to anyones beer either. I have my own beer so you drink whatever you want. The wheat beer is for sure for the city boys. He ain't gonna be close to any cities out there. He might be scared out in them woods. May have a stuffed animal to keep him safe.

Did someone say Makers Mark
smile.gif

Stacy I will be glad to help out however I can just let me know.

CKA hope you get better soon.

I cant help that I like a beer that has so many calories and flavor... Not like all that shit that taste like carbonated water... Hey but thats ok, I know some of you ladies cant handle a beer like that. Thats why they make light beer.

I dont drink light beer. Thats the bald Marine who drinks "currs lite" I drink Shiner, from over a century of Bavarian greatness. Not Bud Lite Wheat!!! They collect the horse piss from the clydesdale stalls and put it directly into the bud lite wheat bottles. They knew there was one sucker born every day. You that sucker aint ya?

I think CKA will be OK. Im going to mow his grass today so I will see how he is doing. If he aint better I might have to amputate his arm so he can move on. If so I will use a tree limb and make him a new one.

I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that makes my left hand useless. The doctors think it will go away in three weeks. I should be there regardless, the trailer is complete and we will at least have that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Light beer is like sex in a canoe - f@#$ing close to water.

Life is too short for light beer. </div></div>

Nice Lindy!! But it does help when us big guys are trying to shed some pounds! I can't drink my favorite beer all the time- Shiner.

Updated Prize list...

Added a new shooter to the list. (bosulli) will be shooting with us.
But one shooter fell off the list as well. (jwolfe) had to back out. Too bad for him.

Also looking at some Tee shirts. Need at least 10 people. Need sizes emailed to me. Need to have this confirmed by Thursday morning May 13th. Order now, pay when you show up at the shoot. $20 each.

I guess I could load up the mule with Guinness and smiticks.

If your gonna drink leaded beer might as well make it good leaded beer

Now how can a beer that's like having sex be anything but great beer?!?

Add to that the moniker of Silver Bullet?!? Even better!

A ladies beer? Damn right! For a ladies man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: misguided child2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now how can a beer that's like having sex be anything but great beer?!?

Add to that the moniker of Silver Bullet?!? Even better!

A ladies beer? Damn right! For a ladies man! </div></div>

Willard's man? Is that what you meant to say?

Nope, no bud wheat for me... Blue moon, and shiner is what I drank at the game this weekend... Took the edge off of watching our badass Houston Astros... Hope you get to feelin better CKA, I know what that feels like. Dont worry, if I dont get my rings and base before the shoot I will probably just be a RO.

I got a bad ass 22 superfly that I will lease to you for the shoot. I have ammo for $7 per round as well. You cant buy superfly ammo anywhere. Its government controlled. The lease is $100 per stage as well. Thats if you dont get your base and rings before hand. Where did you order from that it takes so long? Hope you get them in, or go buy some leupold ones at the store for the mean time.

I am gonna try and get in to this if I can. I have to get out and get my dopes in the heat with my rifle but I think I have time to do that(and load enough ammo). I got a Para 14-45, and plenty of 12 gauges.

Got the zombie targets in today. They look really good. Im sure shooters will want to take them home after shooting. Also got in some other big targets from the same place.
Tannerite came today as well.

Got a couple shooters paid today. Still have quite a few not paid. Please get your money in by Friday so I can get stuff ordered and paid. Let me know if its going to be late.

Only had request for about 6 or so shirts so it looks like no Tee shirts this time.

I knew I found a home here when I saw that everyone else felt the same way about zombies lol...

Sorry for backing out guys..... since this is going to be a special weekend.... the wife decided she really wants to travel to see relatives and she doesn't get much time off so, I'm kind of stuck with having to go. LOL

I'll make the next one for SURE. Believe me, she knows I'm missing this thing... I've been reminding her a lot about how much I wanted to go. haha

I met with stacy yesterday and he showed me some of the targets he got for the shoot which look awesome.

Stacy has definitely gone above and beyond for this $90 shoot, hell the food alone for 3 days is worth twice the money, let alone every thing he is doing and the prizes he is gathering daily for this is just amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some helicopters for the next one he dose.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to this for us stacy.

Justin

lol theres nothing wrong with culture, and I feel beer is the best way to experience that... I would think that most of you guys agree on that. I cant wait for the shoot, its going to be a blast, stacyp has worked really hard on making sure of that.

hahahahah!!! Who told you about the helicopters? No Helicopters this time. Didnt have the money for that. Maybe a bulldozer stage.

Had an addition to the shooter list. McLarenRoss from here at the hide will be joining us. He is a newb so I told him this was a great place to learn and get some good experience shooting out to 1k since most ranges wont get you out that far.

My dad built 25 new paper target stands this week. 5 of them are 3ft tall and 10 ft long and 20 of them are 1ft tall and 12 ft long. They will be attached to T posts at each end. Staple paper to them. Makes hanging targets much easier.

Anyone wanting to bring 4 wheeler or golf carts to move around on is welcome to do so. We will have cooler with water and everyones gear to move from stage to stage. Probably use a pick up or 2 to haul stuff around.

North Texas Rifle Precision is donating a free range day to a raffle winner and two guests at one of our private ranges. The main range goes out to 1400 yards so this will give you a chance to stretch your rifles out if you want to go that far. Steel targets will also be provided if requested.

WOW!!! Thanks to NTRP for the donation. Prize list is updated.

Guys this range is a great place to shoot. Nobody to bother you while you are there. Easy drive from DFW area. CKA will set you and 2 guests up and have the opportunity to learn a lot and build your skills out past 1000 if youre up to it. Super gift added to the prize list. Thanks again!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">North Texas Rifle Precision is donating a free range day to a raffle winner and two guests at one of our private ranges. The main range goes out to 1400 yards so this will give you a chance to stretch your rifles out if you want to go that far. Steel targets will also be provided if requested. </div></div>

WOW!!!! Holly shit$$$$ very generous.

Although it could just be the pain killers he is on...lol

Thanks man