• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Eastern Montana and Region (EMR)

Re: Eastern Montana and Region (EMR)

Hey all - we're working on some additional link tabs on the website to help shooters plan a trek out here. Any special requests? The plan now is to include accommodations, road reports and general area info.

Anyone in the "area" looking for a Steel match in April...
We will have both a team match and an individual match.

There are still a few team and individual slots available for the Sage Flats Steel Challenge. Have a look at MTMHP204's post for a link to the registration.

The Match Safety Briefing will be at 9 Am to help with travel time for those who want to drive in the morning of the match. Round Count Max will be 100, most make it through with considerably less rounds fired.

An entry confirmation email will be sent, followed by a detailed email the week prior to the match with directions to the shoot location.

Match registration for May 5&6 is also up along with more pics from October.

Do you guys have a lot of matches out there I'm quite aways away in jamestown nd but i go hunting out there every year, and i don't mind driving to get to do some matches on weekends, i love the area out there is there info on all the matches out there or a little info i can check out, i might go to washington this year in may, but not sure yet, would like to get out and shoot with some new people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retterath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys have a lot of matches out there I'm quite aways away in jamestown nd but i go hunting out there every year, and i don't mind driving to get to do some matches on weekends, i love the area out there is there info on all the matches out there or a little info i can check out, i might go to washington this year in may, but not sure yet, would like to get out and shoot with some new people.</div></div>

We have several matches scheduled for the year in Jordan. We are holding team matches on Saturdays and individuals on Sundays. All of the matches are held in the field. You can have a look at our web page, all the info and the registration materials are available. You can see pics for the last 2 years. Drop a PM or email, I would be happy to discuss the details with you. We still have slots available for next weekend....

i will have to find a date that will work and sign up, i do a lot of shooting here in jamestown and would love to get into something like that. pm in bound

I am moving to Billings sometime this summer. Would sure like to meet up with some of you and go (try) to bang some steel, if you have room for another.

Hello Sir,
Welcome to the Plains...
There seems to be a good group of shooters in the Billings area. We are hosting Steel matches in Jordan, about 180 miles north east of Billings. We have several scheduled through out the rest of the summer and new folks are always welcome.

If nothing else, drop me a line, we are always shooting steel and I am sure we can arrange an outing.

Enjoy the new location

Me thinks we are going to borrow a stage from the K F match....I got a little boat and I know of this pond..... I think it will work. Check it out on June 30th.

Make sure the water is not to deep -some flat landers don't swim well. Shouls I bring a fishing pole? Hope the weather is good.
See you then.

Sage Flats Steel Challenge....June 30, July 1 2012

Proofing the waters.... Nate proving it can be done... The course will be fired on Saturday and again on Sunday. If you are in the area and want to join us, drop me a PM.

Water in Eastern Montana
Nateboat1.jpg

Stage 2... 5 targets in this picture....HINT...They are NOT white..
Stage1.jpg

Here are some Pictures from the June 30th Sage Flats Steel Challenge Match. The match is a team event, this time we changed the stage layout and keep everyone busy. There were 8 stages, the first stage of the day was a cold bore in 15 seconds from standing, then a rapid bolt of 5 shots...This was the ONLY paper shot, and it was done so folks could confirm their zero....

SFS6120002.jpg

Stage 2...up that hill...
SFS6120003.jpg

Hill side target 1 or 5...
SFS6120004.jpg

Needed some water in Eastern Montana...Thanks Carl..
SFS6120020.jpg

SFS6120006.jpg

Targets are out where...?
SFS6120007.jpg

The Rocks...
SFS6120023.jpg

More Pics...
Of the Rock..
SFS6120015.jpg

Hunter's Point...There are targets..and we shoot from where..!!
SFS6120016.jpg

SFS6120024.jpg

Going Long..
SFS6120018.jpg

SFS6120011.jpg

SFS6120014.jpg

5 of the 10 from the Blind Stage..
SFS6120019.jpg

Getting it done..
SFS6120022.jpg

No...you can't see them from prone..
SFS612.jpg

Great Day and Great People
SFS6120017.jpg

Great shoot. Interesting people and a very well run match. Keep up the good work. The pictures were great too.

Sage Flats Steel Matches...
The August and September Matches are posted with Registration Open.

The format will be similar to the June Match. Have a look at the website for registration and for the Stage description form June.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">August we will have both the Team and Individual matches if there is enough interest. </span>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> THE AUGUST MATCHES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE WEATHER ... FIRE CONCERNS.</span>

SEPTEMBER IS ON FOR 2 DAYS
September will be a 2 day match. It will run most of Saturday and conclude Sunday mid-day...

Registration, pictures and descriptions can be found HERE:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone does much shooting around Billings. I moved out here in January but between work and not knowing where to go, I haven't shot my rifle since getting out here. Those matches look like a blast, but I might be a little out of practice for one of those!

If anyone remotely near billings would be interested in meeting up and shooting some one of these weekends, let me know! I'm not opposed to driving a couple hundred miles, and it would be nice to meet some other shooters!

Digger,
Drop me a line. Come up and shoot with us. We can hook you up with someone to partner with if needed and have a place for you to get some trigger time prior to the match. We are always shooting.

Team or Individual Match preferenece

Regional Shooters,

We are looking for input for this seasons matches..

Would you like to see a couple of individual matches or team matches.

We have run several team matches each year, but we are looking for input from regional folks, would you like to see more individual matches?

We have also thought about hosting a team match on Saturday, with and individual match the following day...did that one weekend last year...LOTS of work.

Please provide your thoughts...

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Team or Individual Match preferenece

I like team matches myself but only if they are scored soley as a team. trying to do both seems like a nightmare, take my input with a grain of salt because don't think i can make the drive all the way to jordan mt from the west coast.

I'm in Fairview and just getting started with long range. Looking for someone close to shoot with and try to work my way into matches. I can read all I want but I learn better by doing. PM me if interested thanks.

Hey Folks,

EASTERN MONTANA MATCHES AND WIND/MOVER CLINIC
Thought we would post this here...will also be in the Match Section.
Team and Individual matches in April
2 Day Team in June
Wind and Mover Clinic in June..

SAGE FLATS STEEL CHALLENGE413-page-001.jpg SAGE FLATS STEEL CHALLENGE613-page-001.jpg Wind Class Flyer613-page-001.jpg

Live registration is OPEN

SAGEFLATSSTEELCHALLENGE413-page-001_zpsabf06fb5.jpg

Last edited:
Tackleberry.... Drop me a line... We are always shooting around here. We are in Jordan.

Thanks. Once I get things settled here ill be dropping you a line. Kinda waiting for the weather to get better on The weekends. Still need to zero. Thanks

We have a couple of matches in April... come and shoot or if you would rather see it first, we are always in need of RO's

Thanks. Once I get things settled here ill be dropping you a line. Kinda waiting for the weather to get better on The weekends. Still need to zero. Thanks

Montana is on my short list
looking more towards Butte and north west
info from locals on places to avoid would be great
shoot me pm
TIA

Put me down for one or ntwo days and PM me when you get the info posted.
Had fun last year.

Eric, looking forward to the shoot coming up! Got rid of the DTA and bought something i think you will find interesting. I dont want to give it away but its made in england??? Ha! Bo and i will be up for sure and possibly two others, we will be shooting both days. Any chance on setting up some pistol targets on the course?

Last edited:
Hello Montana shooters. I'm looking for a little help. Not sure if this is where to post this but Montana is where we want to go.

Trying to plan a bachelor party gopher shoot for my buddy, weekend of 4th of July. Any advice would be appreiciated. I've found websites for a three day guided shoot for 1000 per person.

Is that the way to go or are there any locals who wouldn't mind showing us where we could go on public land? If not, can anyone recommend a good guide service.

Please pm me if anyone has advice or recomendations. Thanks in advance.